• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

zkylon

zkylewd
header.jpg

http://store.steampowered.com/app/515000

not sure if the new doublebear game has been posted but it's a weirdo visual novel rpg parody thing that looks kind of ugly but might be pretty interesting considering how promising dead state was and that it's a lot less insane to make a visual novel than a full on open ended survival xcom crpg thing

idk, i might buy it when i have more money, curious about it even if it does look kind of ugly

the Endless games are on sale for some reason, and its the first time Endless Legend has been 75% off (at least on Steam proper) I think?

edit: aso buying the Amplitude Endless pack is actually cheaper than buying the Endless Collection bundle lol >_>

Thats a steal. Endless Legend is really fantastic and needs some love. I think Civ6 adopted features from it. Very refreshing 4XS/SRPG mix in a fantasy setting.

I like it more than ES, and i love space settings. I think EL has more variety.

Both graeat games, the bundle is a steal.

Nzyme32

Megaton.

Now there might actually be people who would want to buy movies through it.

Exactly. Made a thread but don't think that many people will care -http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showthread.php?t=1293422

As mentioned via Steam Spy tweets - bring on the sales

Huh didn't realise that the RotTR Season Pass also included the 20th Celb DLC. Might have to reinstall that for some spooky Croft Manor hijinx for halloween.

That Snide-a-chu has seen some shit.

yeah...when they announced all that new stuff on PS4 they said it would be included as Season Pass DLC on PC

I need to pick that up at some point...will wait until sales time to see if it gets discounted

Anustart

been playing stardew valley lately and kind of digging it. also props to the person who made the overcooked topic on gaming side, game is good fun, if not frustrating.

But i has a question about steam link. i asked twice before but dont think i got a reaponse, anyway to set it up so steam link works as a second display instead of mirroring?

Rhaknar

The Steam equivalent of the drunk friend who keeps offering to pay your tab all night.
Thats a steal. Endless Legend is really fantastic and needs some love. I think Civ6 adopted features from it. Very refreshing 4XS/SRPG mix in a fantasy setting.

I like it more than ES, and i love space settings. I think EL has more variety.

Both graeat games, the bundle is a steal.

I already have the non-legend stuff in the bundle but like I said its actually cheaper so guess Ill finally buy it
and never play it

illusionary

the Endless games are on sale for some reason, and its the first time Endless Legend has been 75% off (at least on Steam proper) I think?

edit: aso buying the Amplitude Endless pack is actually cheaper than buying the Endless Collection bundle lol >_>

I'd guess that it's for cross-promotion with Endless Space 2 entering Early Access? Regardless, I may need to check out the sale on these, cheers.

Levyne

Banned
Just got Beyond Good And Evil from Ubi 30 but it runs at 3 frames per second...
Anyone had the same experience and a fix?

1060 6GB
i5 750
12GB RAM

I also downloaded and tried this. Couldn't find a magic potion of fixes to get everything to work.

Pc wiki says to disable certain things, which stops the flickering but tanks the fps (even on a 1080 in my case, sheesh) and one solution mentioned is to disable AA and apply it with gpu drivers, tried that, 60 fps but crazy flickering.

Maybe there's some magic combination of settings/AA/resolution forcing injector or whatever but at this point I'm just eating the 1gb it was to download it. I was pretty interested in trying it too.

Edit: Not to mention the game is crazy unforgiving if you ever decide to alt tab.

not sure if the new doublebear game has been posted but it's a weirdo visual novel rpg parody thing that looks kind of ugly but might be pretty interesting considering how promising dead state was and that it's a lot less insane to make a visual novel than a full on open ended survival xcom crpg thing

idk, i might buy it when i have more money, curious about it even if it does look kind of ugly

From the looks of it, it seems very similar to Army of Tentacles.

GaussTek

So, Wonder Boy Returns is out:

Seems to be the weakest of all the three Wonder Boy revivals. And damn, it's $15 (it has a -20% discount right now, but still... lol).

I also downloaded and tried this. Couldn't find a magic potion of fixes to get everything to work.

Pc wiki says to disable certain things, which stops the flickering but tanks the fps (even on a 1080 in my case, sheesh) and one solution mentioned is to disable AA and apply it with gpu drivers, tried that, 60 fps but crazy flickering.

Maybe there's some magic combination of settings/AA/resolution forcing injector or whatever but at this point I'm just eating the 1gb it was to download it. I was pretty interested in trying it too.

Edit: Not to mention the game is crazy unforgiving if you ever decide to alt tab.

I would go so far as to say the game's only worth buying/playing from GOG. I used to have a disc version and it was rough. The GOG version is great, plays as well as any other solid PS2 port.

Eila

So, Wonder Boy Returns is out:

Seems to be the weakest of all the three Wonder Boy revivals. And damn, it's $15 (it has a -20% discount right now, but still... lol).

CFK aren't kidding around, releasing their 2 announced titles in 2 weeks. Wonder if they have more games coming.

Blizzard

Banned
It looks like the most recent Steam (beta?) patch still didn't fix the web browser lockup stuff.

I checked TF2 update news, tried to go to the store, and the client has gone into the endless spinning wheel of death. I've never figured out how to solve this besides restarting Steam. It breaks the store and all community profile etc. features.

Blizzard

Banned
I've said this before and even made a thread about it, but I feel that Valve should create a mandatory patch note system that automatically releases the information as an announcement as it seems that every time a game is updated without a corresponding announcement/thread, you see people wondering what changed, and such a system would also make it clear whether the "update" Steam is downloading is a patch or a new data depot (no new announcement = game hasn't been patched). There'd be nothing preventing developers from just writing gibberish, but the difference in effort between mashing the keyboard and actually noting what the patch addresses would be minuscule, so I think virtually all devs would bother to write a helpful changelog (even something as mundane as "Fixed some sprite rendering bugs" would be preferable to silence).
This drives me nuts and I agree. I appreciate the devs who actually do put notes in the announcement section so the button works. Not even the CSGO team does it.

Teggy

Anyone know where Windows 10 installs games? I was trying to add Gears to Steam and couldn't find it for the life of me.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Anyone know where Windows 10 installs games? I was trying to add Gears to Steam and couldn't find it for the life of me.

C:\Program Files\WindowsApps\ is the location.

As you are trying to run them, note that they activate from within containers instead of like normal .exe . Edit: Good post below.

If you want to change where they are saved, Settings > System > Storage

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom