• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I like my crust stuffed, if you know what I mean.

I literally just mean I like cheese or sauce stuffed in the crust of my pizzas.

How's Endless Legend without DLC compare to the game with the DLC? I've heard good things about the game, and I'm a Civ fan, but I'm wondering if like Civ, the expansions are a must have.

Don't think I'll quite be able to stretch to Shadow Warrior 2 this week since I already bought Gears 4 (incoming mistake.gif), so I've been playing the one from 2013.

This is a good, good game. Scratches the same itch that DOOM did so well earlier this year. It's only making me want the sequel more.

They get all the points for opening with The Touch as well, complete with Lo Wang hilariously singing along. Maybe it's just been a long day, but I laughed so hard.

Wait if you're getting a hook up at a pizza place what do you do now? Or are you like a student or something?

Just curious you don't need to answer if you don't want to.

wYVUqKy.gif

etc etc

Happy birthday!

rtcn63

I love ya though <3

That's okay I work fast food and it sucks balls but let's see who's laughing when I'm a doctor.

Something like that. I need money to go back to school for more education, or at the very least have something on my resume since I've been out of work for way too long. I've worked food service and retail, but never made food.

And I don't clean bathrooms. My gag reflex isn't strong enough.

Something like that. I need money to go back to school for more education, or at the very least have something on my resume since I've been out of work for way too long. I've worked food service and retail, but never made food.

And I don't clean bathrooms. My gag reflex isn't strong enough.
Gotcha

I flip burgers and it's almost entirely automated, all you gotta do is lay the food out and put it together. Easy.

The customers are the assholes.

Happy birthday Btw, Lashley

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Thanks for the birthday wishes

Just started Lego Force Awakens. So good.

Should've started Lego LOTR & Batman 3 beforehand though....

dave is ok

aztek is ok
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (dave is ok, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Shadow Warrior 2 Alienware Outfit -- MB-DBFC37D42AA4C85F - Taken by The Dear Leader

How's Endless Legend without DLC compare to the game with the DLC? I've heard good things about the game, and I'm a Civ fan, but I'm wondering if like Civ, the expansions are a must have.

There is no need for it if you want to try the game. They add the fraction, quests, and units and some items. Maybe comparable with adding new leaders in civ, but not adding features like with G+K.

So you have enough fractions with a lot variety in your playstyle to start with.

jon bones

hot hot hanuman-on-man action
Now the question is: What WILL you play to see the wondrous capabilities of your new rig?
Answer:
Shovel Knight

-Forza Horizon 3

-Overwatch- just in time to get that Mercy skin

-Gears of War 4 - came with my 1070. i'll try it just as a graphical showcase, not really interested in playing

-Oxenfree - I know it's not exactly pushing the system, but it looks like something I'll love.

-Cities: Skylines, Planet Coaster, Stardew Valley, Civ VI - games like these make me miss PC games. not sure which to buy first.

Sendou

Playing DOOM 2016 and faith in video games is restored! More people should look at how games were 20 years ago and modernize it like they did with DOOM. Definitely my Steam GOTY so far. Only Civ 6 can really rival it.

Playing DOOM 2016 and faith in video games is restored! More people should look at how games were 20 years ago and modernize it like they did with DOOM. Definitely my Steam GOTY so far. Only Civ 6 can really rival it.

Doom was fun on Ultra Violence.

I enjoyed Deus Ex much more though.

Grief.exe

I don't even know how Doom got approved in a modern AAA environment where publishers are exceedingly risk adverse.
  • Requiring moving on multiple axes while utilizing multiple abilities confuses modern gamers
  • Non-linear environments confuses modern gamers
  • More than two weapons confuses modern gamers
  • Fast paced gameplay confuses modern gamers.

I trash Bethesda constantly for both development and publishing side, but sometimes they can surprise you.

Nzyme32

Reminds me of those people who built a new PC (that you also see sometimes on GAF).

"Got a new 1080! Now on to Minecraft!"

It's been tradition every time I get a new graphics card to play the Half-Life 1 & OG Deus Ex first.

I've been doing this since the Voodoo 3 back in 99 (prior to Deus Ex though)...

Tizoc

I don't even know how Doom got approved in a modern AAA environment where publishers are exceedingly risk adverse.
  • Requiring moving on multiple axes while utilizing multiple abilities confuses modern gamers

I trash Bethesda constantly for both development and publishing side, but sometimes they can surprise you.

DOOM 2016 is linear even if a mission requires exploring a location/facility to destroy nests or find specific items to proceed.
I am curious where some of those points come from though :X

ArjanN

Yeah, Doom is cool.
GOTY is still Hitman though..

rtcn63

The combat in Doom got repetitive about halfway through, if not earlier. Your primary objective for most encounters is to avoid and kill imps, every other enemy is imposing at first, but becomes much less of an obstacle once you get start carrying heavily artillery. (I played it on the second hardest difficulty IIRC) Once you've discovered all the weapons and upgrades (which happens sooner than you'd expect- they'd have been better spaced out further), there really isn't all that much to do. You're just going from checkpoint to checkpoint, taking on waves of enemies that aren't that different than the ones you fought 15 seconds ago.

And I dislike the weapon wheel. I think you'd be better off being able to hotkey four weapons to the d-pad a la Ratchet and Clank (strangely enough). I found no reason to use say the assault rifle once I got the gatling gun, or the plasma rifle once I got the gauss cannon. And the super shotgun...

I get why people like Doom. But I can understand why the publisher/devs didn't want to hype up the campaign. Hell, if they ignored the multi completely, they might've been able to polish the single-player into something great, at least for the audience who enjoys the particular feel and speed of the combat.

Also those fucking crashes.

Tellaerin

I don't think people are confused by those (except possibly for the nonlinear environments). I think they're just considered passe these days. It's sad, since those are all things I enjoy, but there isn't much I can do about it except cheer on devs that don't follow that formula.

It's been tradition every time I get a new graphics card to play the Half-Life 1 & OG Deus Ex first.

I've been doing this since the Voodoo 3 back in 99 (prior to Deus Ex though)...

A man after my own heart. (With me, the first thing I do with any new PC is install the original Unreal.)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom