• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Parsnip

I'm using the same case, I pretty much had to plan everything ahead, since the components could get in each other's way. Just look at the size of the CPU cooler!

I took the photo when I first built it in July, made some changes since then. Switched the HDD, upgraded my system SSD and changed all the fans to Noctua fans.
Found a more recent pic
Not all SATA ports are on the side of the MB, I would need to remove my GPU just to access those.

Snug. I plan to move to a smaller case at some point as well, but I'd have to get a smaller mobo first. And at that point getting a smaller mobo that would fit all my other components right now would just be a little wasteful, buying old tech and all. So I'd rather buy something new, but then I'd have to upgrade bunch of other stuff too.

Budget budget budget.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller

Stay Close now released for $5.93 USD (35% launch discount)!!

This is a game I've been HIGHLY anticipating, going to make a thread right now, but it's basically a horror rogue-like game which has a story to it and two-player online co-op which has you as a husband & wife pair who have to escape from your house through a small town where nightmares are becoming real. Also has single-player, the single-player and co-op modes have differences to optimize single-player/co-op play.

r3n4ud

Stay Close now released for $5.93 USD (35% launch discount)!!

This is a game I've been HIGHLY anticipating, going to make a thread right now, but it's basically a horror rogue-like game which has a story to it and two-player online co-op which has you as a husband & wife pair who have to escape from your house through a small town where nightmares are becoming real. Also has single-player, the single-player and co-op modes have differences to optimize single-player/co-op play.
Looks like you found my Halloween game!

Adnor

Banned
Just bought Flight Simulator X to my father because he loved the old Flight Simulator games.

I just hope his PC can run it.

Anything in the Season Pass a must play or can I buy this and call it a day?

Not really, It's two mini maps per characters and they had nothing new.

And fuck the last map in Catwoman's "campaign", the battle system isn't designed for an arena that becomes smaller and smaller.

If any games have been removed from my Origin account (aside from Darkspore, but even that still shows up), I haven't noticed. And although I haven't actually played games via Origin since Battlefield 3, I have been checking on my library from time to time.

Granted, this is very much a case of "my heart's fine."

So I guess when you buy the One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 Gold Edition on Humble, it gives you a key for the Gold Edition, which includes all the DLC, and the Story Pack, which is a bundle for the same DLC. So quote this post to see the Story Pack key it spit out. You need to own the base game, obviously.

One Piece Pirate Warriors 3 Story Pack (DLC, requires base game)

EDIT: Key claimed!

Nzyme32

For anyone interested, this looks like a tiny tease of the opening Civ VI cinematic. Looks like it will fit the theme of Sogno Di Volare:

VlaPUkR.gif

Also as it mentioned there will be a "battle royale" stream on Wednesday between 8 AI, to demo the some of the different Civ's and get an idea for how AI can behave.

I can corroborate this story. Origin removed a ton of the "free" games I got years ago from my account, in addition to several games that are part of the C&C ultimate pack I purchased on Amazon.
Aw shit, looks like the free games that Origin reps told us 'lol keep them' are in jeopardy.

well Dualshock 4 is coming to Steam anyways I'll uninstall Origin I don't care anymore

Hektor

The game has physical checkpoints in the form of statues with a reddish-orange glow.

You mean the ones that give you the notification "Checkpoint activated"?

Cos i certainly did not miss those.

Idk, i played up until you got into the wang cave after saving that girl, but now i have to restart from the beginning of Zilla Corp all over again

Tellaerin

Aw shit, looks like the free games that Origin reps told us 'lol keep them' are in jeopardy.

well Dualshock 4 is coming to Steam anyways I'll uninstall Origin I don't care anymore

I got that Origin credit code legitimately (for completing a survey or something, IIRC) and only used it once. Going to be pissed if I lose the games I got from that now because of all you mofos that spammed the hell out of it and bought up half the store. :p

Uzzy

For anyone interested, this looks like a tiny tease of the opening Civ VI cinematic. Looks like it will fit the theme of Sogno Di Volare:

VlaPUkR.gif

Also as it mentioned there will be a "battle royale" stream on Wednesday between 8 AI, to demo the some of the different Civ's and get an idea for how AI can behave.

Spitfires always get me excited.

I think I still have all my Origin games? I honestly can't say if I'm missing anything or not, the stuff I know I bought I still have but I could be forgetting something.

I still have it but I got the Ultimate Collection from Amazon.
Downloading it just to be safe.

I think I had more games but I have nothing to back this up. Library used to look more crowded before the UI update.

Looks like they put expansions like Dragon Age: Awakening inside the original game. So that might be the difference I noticed. But they removed games from my accounbt in the past, Battlefield game that came from a trial IGN or someother game related news organization vip program after the trial of said program. So I'm not surprised.
I've kept visual records.

I know there are a couple that aren't available anymore like Dark Spore but nothing else better be missing.
This might help people keep track, unless they also edit this.
Order History

Re: Wonderful 101, took me three or four hours of play for it to click, but it soon blossomed into a minor masterpiece that I really, really loved. Warts and all, it's an amazing game.

Also in non-Steam commentary: I recently played a Telltale game downloaded from the Telltale site (Game of Thrones, which I won in a raffle here!), and I realized just how much Steam has truly spoiled me. Downloading, running, patching, and even just playing the game reminded me of my PC gaming days in the late 90s/early 2000s. So clunky and awkward, with crashes, false starts, freezing, getting flagged as malware, etc. Whatever faults Steam may have, I really appreciate how smooth it's made the whole process of playing PC games.

I have a 4K hdr tv with a 10 bit panel but the maximum I can get to show up is 8 in the Nvidia settings. What color space/mode should it be in? Is there something I need to download?

Hektor

Free Shadow Warrior 2 DLC's if you open Win + R and punch in these individually
steam://install/508970
steam://install/522332
steam://install/522330

I have a 4K hdr tv with a 10 bit panel but the maximum I can get to show up is 8 in the Nvidia settings. What color space/mode should it be in? Is there something I need to download?

Afaik there is nothing you can do now, because MS doesnt support HDR yet. They will update W10 to support it at the end of the year or next year if I heard it correctly.

On the other hand I can tell you that HDR/10bit isnt as big as SonyGAF (and MS GAF) makes it out to be. You have more vibrant colors, but if you configure your PC right, you can have a similar effect with 8bit media.

I think why SonyGAF right now think its important is, because PS4 support it now, so it must be the best thing ever.

Shadow Warrior is the first game to support it on PC, it might not be a game changer but I have the tech for it so I want to figure it out lol.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom