• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wok

Look at what I have just read on the Steam forum of Tumblestone:

I'll give you some background on how a developer sets pricing on the Steam developer website. For any game or DLC, you select the price in United States Dollars (USD). In this case, I set the Tumblestone Multiplayer Starter Pack at $9.99, the full game at $24.99, and this upgrade in question at $14.99 (not $15, as that is not a valid option on the Steam developer website, as all USD prices must end in .99). When setting one of these USD prices, the Steam system will automatically calculate and set all other international currencies. The problem here arose when I had made the assumption that because the USD price for the upgrade was the difference between the full game and the Multiplayer Starter Pack, so were all of the international currencies. However, as you mentioned, the Euro price for the Multiplayer Starter pack is 9.99 Euro where the USD price is $9.99, but the full game price in Euro is 22.99 Euro where the USD price is $24.99. The automatic international prices that were set did not scale linearly as I had assumed, so when I set the upgrade price to $14.99 USD, I had assumed that this would be the correct difference for Euro as well (ie, 13.00 Euro). However, it was set to 14.99 Euros, which is certainly not the correct difference.

So cheap prices are rounded up: $10 converts to 10€ (base game, price rounded up), although $25 converts to 23€ (full game, price adequalely converted), which makes buying the upgrade separately $15 or... 15€ (upgrade, price rounded up, instead of 13€).

Pic for archive:

vITNBv4.png

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Sadly I passed on HoF because it seems the combat is garbage.

With that said I am swimming in Pre-Civilization Egypt. Easily one of my favorite games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
SCS does it for ETS / ATS altought they can't keep all anymore because Valve limited amount of branches you can have.

So, this popped into my head a short while ago, while checking the activity on Mankind Divided, and it would seem SCS was telling porkies. It's still deleting older branches for ETS2 (I didn't check its other games) and I couldn't help but notice that Mankind Divided, which was uploaded to Steam far later, has almost twice the amount of branches (44 versus 24), plus, more damningly, I asked a dev about the supposed restriction and he said there's no such thing.

I suspect SCS wanted to limit the extent to which older builds are a factor in support tickets, but, like, why not just say that.

Corpekata

Banned
Really digging the Final Station now that I'm putting in more time. It has a big "one more turn" style of appeal that is odd, because it's not a random or strategy game. But the way the split between exploring/scavenging and managing the train sections works always makes me want to push forward a little bit more.

It's a lot more linear than I expected. Resources are scarce and it often plays out a bit like a survival horror game having to make every bullet count.

It's a shame it came out alongside Inside as the world setting for both games seem very similar and I'd bet it catches some unneccessary flak for that.

Monooboe

Really digging the Final Station now that I'm putting in more time. It has a big "one more turn" style of appeal that is odd, because it's not a random or strategy game. But the way the split between exploring/scavenging and managing the train sections works always makes me want to push forward a little bit more.

It's a lot more linear than I expected. Resources are scarce and it often plays out a bit like a survival horror game having to make every bullet count.

It's a shame it came out alongside Inside as the world setting for both games seem very similar and I'd bet it catches some unneccessary flak for that.

Yeah I really liked Final Station. And you are right, it needs more attention than it got/gets. The atmosphere is so good in the game, it does so much with so little.

Also here are some tips, which I learned after starting the game from the begining several times.XD Never use a medkit on yourself, instead just reload from checkpoint. Save medkits for the passangers.

Saty

Speaking of RotTR, is it better using the in-game triple buffering v-sync to get locked 60fps even frametimes or should i use NV control panel\Inspector\Rivatuner?

JaseC

Speaking of RotTR, is it better using the in-game triple buffering v-sync to get locked 60fps even frametimes or should i use NV control panel\Inspector\Rivatuner?

RTSS. For whatever reason it does a better job of smoothing out frametimes than most in-game solutions.

Hektor

Next time somebody complains about Steam support just read this XD

Sony seems to be blocking off IDs from accessing support

Sony's support and refund rules are really beyond shittier.

I wanted to buy a single month of PSplus once, but i always was presented with an error message while doing checkout.

I did that three times and gave up. Later on i looked into my mailaccount and suddenly had three bills, 1 month PSplus each.

Despite receiving an error message and the system telling me to "try it again", the purchase did go trhough every single time.

Explaining to the support what happened and that i want a refund for that, their only response was "nah, fuck off, you wanted three you got three."

I was literally scammed of 20€.

Another time i did buy DLC worth 35€ from the PSN store, expecting it to work with my retail version. Turns out it didn't, because my retail was american (The only retail that exists in the western world) and the DLC ofc bought from the german PSN store.

At that time i had no idea that DLC purchases only work with the version of the region you bought it in and the store pages failed to make any mention of it (It's absurd that the store allows you to buy DLC's for games you don't own/Aren't compatible to begin with tbh)

Again, explaining the support what happened and demanding a refund because they didn't not mention anywhere at the store page i needed a specific regional version of the game i got the answer "Nah, you bought the DLC, you got it".

The only way for me to actually access the DLC if i were to buy the game on the german PSN store, despite owning a working, legal retail version.

Another waste of 35€

Absolute trash #4ThePlayers

Knurek

Japan has the best games:

Decay: Please Bang My Wife is about a couple where the wife is discovered to be cheating. When the husband confronts her, she says it’s because the other guy can last for hours at a time in bed. The husband suddenly thinks that this is hot and asks to watch
Decay: a lovely little story

Tay: Then we find out the only reason why the wife enjoys frequent, hours-long sex is because cancer has thrown off her pain receptors, and she’s actually been progressively internally bleeding with each episode of intercourse.
Tay: spoilers: she dies
Tay: the lover is convicted for manslaughter
Tay: the husband kills himself

JaseC

Thanks. Do you know if RTSS needs to be coupled with additional tweak in Inspector?

Half-refresh rate vsync forced via Inspector ought to resolve any framerate-related stuttering you may still experience despite the even frametimes, but obviously that's only going to get you 60fps if you can do 120Hz.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Silence of the Sleep -- MB-7F17A624EB01964C - Taken by texhnolyze. 1 entrants total.

t1476613079z1.png

Nzyme32

Jase is this what we were waiting for and believed when everybody else was laughing at us? :D

Nah it still ain't coming to pc
Be ready for another delay like gta v

And that's the best case scenario.

Best case scenario is RDR (terrible gta4 style port) PC verison, then RDR sequel on PC 2-3 years later. What is more likely though is - nothing at all for 2-3 years, then "reasons" for not bringing RDR2 out later anyway

I think RDR is one of the few games that makes me regret being PC only now. I realize it's an old one but I didn't get around to it back in the day. Other ones are probably Uncharted 3/4, The Last of Us, and Bloodborne.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom