• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

illusionary

GMG has a Halloween 4 Game Pack for 0.49€. Also contains a 10% voucher for the upcoming halloween sale which will start on the 24th.

https://www.greenmangaming.com/games/halloween-4-game-pack/

Probably some straight garbage fare.

Indeed it is. I don't know why I ever buy these things.

Well I bought it and it contained Corporate Lifestyle Simulator, Huntsman, Lifeless and Three Dead Zed. Plus the 10% discount coupon. Of those I only owned Huntsman, so I guess it wasn't so bad for just 0.49€.

I got exactly the same stuff. I only owned Corporate Lifestyle Simulator out of it, so it was kind of worth it (probably get the 50 cents back in cards). I only wanted the 10% voucher anyway.

Yeah, it's the same four games for everyone, despite the description sounding like it could be a 'mystery' selection.

Nillansan

So I just installed Downwell after watching Matthew Matosis' review only to find out that TATE mode isn't working. It seems to be completely broken regardless of what setup you are using. I am pretty disappointed about the fact that neither the developer nor the publisher (Devolver Digital) seem to give a shit about it.

shockdude

For music? If you need something basic: http://schiit.com/products/fulla
While I haven't done much research on USB DACs, how have I not seen this before? I'm well aware of Schiit's reputation, and it's fully portable and everything? That's tempting.
I'm a laptop user who uses IEMs but plans to upgrade to full cans in the near future. The on-board Realtek is decent enough, but a proper DAC would be fun to have.

Tizoc

Crom has no need of this.
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Lifeless -- MB-3F15220F19ABFC11 - Taken by bobnowhere
Corporate Lifestyle Simulator -- MB-B4F49A19931C0B3C - Taken by Goldensun_it
Three Dead Zed -- MB-D59B981F7FC86897 - Taken by ThirtyFour

Tizoc

Am I the only one with poor performances from Epistory? An i5-2500 and gtx 970 should be sufficient?

Maybe the game isn't using your GTX? Some games have this bizzare issue where they choose your Intel HD card for example over the dedicated gaming gfx card.

rtcn63

While I haven't done much research on USB DACs, how have I not seen this before? I'm well aware of Schiit's reputation, and it's fully portable and everything? That's tempting.
I'm a laptop user who uses IEMs but plans to upgrade to full cans in the near future. The on-board Realtek is decent enough, but a proper DAC would be fun to have.

A (budget) DAC isn't all that necessary unless your laptop sounds like total ass honestly. It's more a fix for really really bad/broken headphone output. Like the kind of shit that hurts your ears.

tumblr_oerikrwHOa1u0fuseo1_1280.jpg
Nicole is coming for your organs.

shockdude

A (budget) DAC isn't all that necessary unless your laptop sounds like total ass honestly. It's more a fix for really really bad/broken headphone output. Like the kind of shit that hurts your ears.
For sure a USB DAC isn't necessary, but it'd be fun, and tbh a lot of PC gaming gear isn't "necessary" lol.
And in any case my laptop headphone out has a noticeable noise floor - tolerable and quiet, but present.

rtcn63

Be aware that USB isn't necessary silent. I have a Bifrost/Asgard combo and IEMs, and I can hear static/noise at all times. DACs can be very sensitive to interference/improper grounding/etc. My on-board audio is actually quieter, but the audio quality isn't as good overall of course.

shockdude

Be aware that USB isn't necessary silent. I have a Bifrost/Asgard combo and IEMs, and I can hear static/noise at all times. DACs can be very sensitive to interference/improper grounding/etc. My on-board audio is actually quieter, but the audio quality isn't as good overall of course.
Bifrost/Asgard with IEMs, wat. What kind of IEMs are you using lol.
I'm currently using the SoundMagic E50S, which is above average but definitely not super-high-end. It'd probably pair well with the Fulla.

rtcn63

Bifrost/Asgard with IEMs, wat. What kind of IEMs are you using lol.
I'm currently using the SoundMagic E50S, which is above average but definitely not super-high-end. It'd probably pair well with the Fulla.

Customs I bought back when I still had a job. And dreams.

AHA-Lambda

Just how good is CDKeys?
I'm very wary of them but at the same time amongst other grey key sellers they seem to be one more trusted than others?

I ask as they are by far the cheapest for the CoD Infinite Warfare + MW1 Remastered bundle

rtcn63

Just how good is CDKeys?
I'm very wary of them but at the same time amongst other grey key sellers they seem to be one more trusted than others?

I ask as they are by far the cheapest for the CoD Infinite Warfare + MW1 Remastered bundle

They don't have a user marketplace to abuse. I've had good luck. Remember to use the 5% off code from their Facebook page.

Endruen

Just how good is CDKeys?

I bought Shadow of Mordor from them without any issues. They will ask for a phone number, though.

Amzin

Am I the only one with poor performances from Epistory? An i5-2500 and gtx 970 should be sufficient?

No, the game definitely runs surprisingly roughly. I actually had frame drops on my gaming PC where I run FO4 (modded) at ultra just fine :p It's just poorly optimized or something, I dunno.

Backlogger

spare from that crappy halloween bundle of +1's

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Backlogger, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Huntsman: The Orphanage -- MB-B853687C53EB2A59 - Taken by lolcatz

rtcn63

I've been watching Gamespot's Resident Kinevil series (playthroughs of every RE starting from the first game). They're up to RE2, but it's hard to watch because Persona A keeps hand-holding Person B (who's new to the games and supposed to be playing). He basically just tells her what to do, where to go, how to prepare for upcoming encounters, etc. And when they began playing RE2, Person A acknowledges that he was guiding Person B too much and makes an attempt only to act as a gamefaq when absolutely necessary. But after that first episode, he's just resorted to hand-holding again.

This also has had the negative effect of Persona B having constant brain farts because she's isn't learning how to play the games properly.

Adnor

Banned
Shadow Warrior 2 has a Chainsword a la Warhammer 40k. It does a ton of damage (at least for this part of the game) and it even slows down when you're cutting down an enemy.

It's pretty cool.

Parsnip

I've been watching Gamespot's Resident Kinevil series (playthroughs of every RE starting from the first game). They're up to RE2, but it's hard to watch because Persona A keeps hand-holding Person B (who's new to the games and supposed to be playing). He basically just tells her what to do, where to go, how to prepare for upcoming encounters, etc. And when they began playing RE2, Person A acknowledges that he was guiding Person B too much and makes an attempt only to act as a gamefaq when absolutely necessary. But after that first episode, he's just resorted to hand-holding again.

This also has had the negative effect of Persona B having constant brain farts because she's isn't learning how to play the games properly.

Similar thing is happening with Giant Bomb's Castlevania series in which they are up to SotN now, except that Alex is just acting as a conduit for their live chat. It has turned this part into a more or less "GB chat plays SotN and guides Vinny through it" instead of "Vinny plays SotN for the first time".

It's a bit of a bummer since such a large part of those types of games is the exploration and discovery, getting guided through large parts of it just waters down the experience for Vinny and makes the videos worse as well.

QFNS

Unconfirmed Member
Similar thing is happening with Giant Bomb's Castlevania series in which they are up to SotN now, except that Alex is just acting as a conduit for their live chat. It has turned this part into a more or less "GB chat plays SotN and guides Vinny through it" instead of "Vinny plays SotN for the first time".

It's a bit of a bummer since such a large part of those types of games is the exploration and discovery, getting guided through large parts of it just waters down the experience for Vinny and makes the videos worse as well.

The bigger issue is that if they just explored SotN naturally, it is very likely that they would never find the 2nd castle. And since that is probably the coolest secret in the game I can give some of their "chat guidance" a pass. That said, I agree with you that they are leaning on it a bit too much and it can ruin the experience a bit.

Shadow Warrior 2 has a Chainsword a la Warhammer 40k. It does a ton of damage (at least for this part of the game) and it even slows down when you're cutting down an enemy.

It's pretty cool.

I've been using the chainsaw sword that came with the pre-order and it's really satisfying to use.

Adnor

Banned
I've been using the chainsaw sword that came with the pre-order and it's really satisfying to use.

Instead of doing all its damage right away like normal swords it does damage per second its cutting something, so it's pretty good against big enemies. And it feels so good.

Parsnip

The bigger issue is that if they just explored SotN naturally, it is very likely that they would never find the 2nd castle. And since that is probably the coolest secret in the game I can give some of their "chat guidance" a pass. That said, I agree with you that they are leaning on it a bit too much and it can ruin the experience a bit.

Ideally, after getting the bad ending they would just load that save up and continue exploring (like normal people do), and get specific advice if they are stuck. Especially since they already knew about the second castle before they even started playing, I'm pretty sure they could get there on their own.
It's not like SoTN is a difficult game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom