• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nzyme32

I think RDR is one of the few games that makes me regret being PC only now. I realize it's an old one but I didn't get around to it back in the day. Other ones are probably Uncharted 3/4, The Last of Us, and Bloodborne.

Last of Us is the only big one for me, but that was easy to solve. I borrowed a friends PS3 and played it something like 2 years later at the end of the PS3's life. Done. Will do the same with Last of Us 2 and PS4 in several years no doubt. These games that I tend to like on the console are all things that I can enjoy as a one and done type thing, so they rarely feel like a massive loss, but are still things I usually get round to several years late. I think in total so far, there is RDR, Last of Us 2, Bloodborne (maybe), Last Guardian (though the inside track seems to suggest it won't be that great, so maybe not)... that's it. MS has pretty much nothing I care about thus far. Nintendo is pretty much where a lot of games I like are (first party) but they have become very easy to miss out on after years of only using the platforms on and off.

Last of Us is the only big one for me, but that was easy to solve. I borrowed a friends PS3 and played it. Done. Will do the same with Last of Us 2 and PS4 in several years no doubt. These games that I tend to like on the console are all things that I can enjoy as a one and done type thing, so they rarely feel like a massive loss, but are still things I usually get round to several years late. I think in total so far, there is RDR, Last of Us 2, Bloodborne (maybe), Last Guardian (though the inside track seems to suggest it won't be that great, so maybe not)... that's it. MS has pretty much nothing I care about thus far. Nintendo is pretty much where a lot of games I like are (first party) but they have become very easy to miss out on after years of only using the platforms on and off.

I kinda wish I had a PS4 right now to play Until Dawn for during Spookytober.

I think RDR is one of the few games that makes me regret being PC only now. I realize it's an old one but I didn't get around to it back in the day. Other ones are probably Uncharted 3/4, The Last of Us, and Bloodborne.

Uncharted 3 and Last of Us are on PSNow so you can play them on PC. Although IMO they aren't very good.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Jase is this what we were waiting for and believed when everybody else was laughing at us? :D

Given the teasing, I'd say it's a sequel as a remaster strikes me as something 2K/R* would simply just announce, without any sort of lead-up... though it's not necessarily a matter of one or the other. Announcing the two simultaneously, thereby giving fans something to play in the interim, would actually be very wise (assuming there is a remaster).

Jawmuncher

The Last of Us is by no means an "easy skip" to most people who enjoy video games.

Until Dawn is another one I wish could be preserved easily - maybe my favorite horror game of all time.

I kinda wish I had a PS4 right now to play Until Dawn for during Spookytober.

TLOU ain't bad, but I don't feel it's absolutely required playing. Though to be fair I don't think much of anything is. Loved Until Dawn though.

dex3108

Given the teasing, I'd say it's a sequel as a remaster strikes me as something 2K/R* would simply just announce, without any sort of lead-up... though it's not necessarily a matter of one or the other.

Remaster for Q1, Red Dead Next for Fall believe!!!

I'm mad that I got Gears 4 to play cooperative with my friend on his Xbox, but it requires him to log into my profile to play with me which them kicks me out.

Garbage.

JLiCnFf.png

lol, immediately 3 threads on top
Hoping for a RDR Remaster.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Spares:

ModBot said:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Lectrovolt 2 -- MB-1C9789FF01597FB9 - Taken by madjoki
Torch Cave -- MB-2E2E9BC1A19A83C6 - Taken by Purkake4
The Extinction -- MB-162C3B301C9F3CDB - Taken by dimmer
Farnham Fables + DLC -- MB-9FA0DDCEDF23B539 - Taken by ThirtyFour

Uncharted 3 and Last of Us are on PSNow so you can play them on PC. Although IMO they aren't very good.

In a thread where people recommend garbage like The Evil Within I would say TLoU is definitely worth playing...

It's not going to cure cancer like PS fanboys would have you believe but it's a good game on PS4. On PS3.... yea I'd not recommend that.

Jimrpg

Last of Us is the only big one for me, but that was easy to solve. I borrowed a friends PS3 and played it something like 2 years later at the end of the PS3's life. Done. Will do the same with Last of Us 2 and PS4 in several years no doubt. These games that I tend to like on the console are all things that I can enjoy as a one and done type thing, so they rarely feel like a massive loss, but are still things I usually get round to several years late. I think in total so far, there is RDR, Last of Us 2, Bloodborne (maybe), Last Guardian (though the inside track seems to suggest it won't be that great, so maybe not)... that's it. MS has pretty much nothing I care about thus far. Nintendo is pretty much where a lot of games I like are (first party) but they have become very easy to miss out on after years of only using the platforms on and off.

The best way to do it is to do what you're doing OR if you don't have a friend to borrow games from, just get the console and the games at the end of the console life and wait for discounts.

Next year is going to be especially tricky, Yakuza Zero, Persona 5, Nioh and Nier:Automata that I want to get on PS4 (and PC). I don't have time to play them all but its so hard to choose between them.

Wok

I have been getting into GTA V recently, and man, this game is pure perfection in terms of GTA gameplay.

When I am done with the games on my queue list, I might give a try again at MGS V, but not before, because I feel the opposite regarding that game, as if it were a betrayal to what I enjoyed in the first two games. I hate the paranormal stuff getting in the way straight away.

Momentary

Banned
I don't regret not owning a console. There are some fantastic games that are on them, but I'm good with having just one gaming machine.

I don't regret not owning a console. There are some fantastic games that are on them, but I'm good with having just one gaming machine.

I don't even have time to play all the games I want on PC...

Still, it sucks not being able to play Japanese action shit like NiOh and Monster Hunter.

Make your Xbox the home Xbox. You should be able to play with both copies. So rather odd it's telling you to sign in on Xbox to play it.
He signed into his profile to play with me, but it won't let him. When he tries my profile, it lets him play but kicks me off PC.

Pretty sure mine has been the home Xbox but idk for sure either, I only use it for Rock Band.

Dr Dogg

After those sneaky devils at Rockstar stretched out platform releases with GTAV and it still sold like gangbusters on each platform you could probably expect something like PS4/XO in Year X, Mobile version in Year X+1, NX in Year X+3, VR Updated version in Year X+4, PC in Year X+5 and so on, and so on!

Urgh, these drip fed announcements are the worst. Just announce the product and get on with it.

This is only the beginning. We need to wait for an announcement of an announcement yet!

In a thread where people recommend garbage like The Evil Within I would say TLoU is definitely worth playing...

It's not going to cure cancer like PS fanboys would have you believe but it's a good game on PS4. On PS3.... yea I'd not recommend that.

In fairness, I think TEW is a bad game too.

Well I bought it and it contained Corporate Lifestyle Simulator, Huntsman, Lifeless and Three Dead Zed. Plus the 10% discount coupon. Of those I only owned Huntsman, so I guess it wasn't so bad for just 0.49€.

Anno

So I guess there was some sort of a change in Steamspy's algorithm recently? Most things jumped noticeably in the last couple days.

I'm also really impressed that ~11% of people who own Civ V have played in the last two weeks. The run up to Civ VI must be pretty intense.

Well I bought it and it contained Corporate Lifestyle Simulator, Huntsman, Lifeless and Three Dead Zed.

I got exactly the same stuff. I only owned Corporate Lifestyle Simulator out of it, so it was kind of worth it (probably get the 50 cents back in cards). I only wanted the 10% voucher anyway.

Parsnip

So I guess there was some sort of a change in Steamspy's algorithm recently? Most things jumped noticeably in the last couple days.

I'm also really impressed that ~11% of people who own Civ V have played in the last two weeks. The run up to Civ VI must be pretty intense.

https://twitter.com/Steam_Spy/status/786944728604418050
"I was informed by numerous devs that Steam Spy is roughly 5% off. It's time for another calibration. Brace for impact!"

Nillansan

I hope that the PC version of what seems to be a sequel to Red Dead Redemption, will be announced right out of the gate along with the console versions. I don't mind if it comes to PC at a later time if it means that the port will be on par with GTA V.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom