• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Erekiddo

There was a link provided many pages ago that was a website that showed all current bundles.

Anyone have it? I was at work and couldn't bookmark.

Knurek

Hell froze over? Steins;Gate got a patch on Steam...
Hi there,
We've just released a small update for STEINS;GATE.
It addresses the issues listed below.

We hope to have an update shortly regarding some of the other oustanding issues.

cheers,

Team STEINS;GATE

1.Cell phone text error
incoming call → Call
Setting → Confirm

2.Achivement name error
"Irreversible Reboot" → "Reversible Reboot"

3.Backlog error
Japanese remain 「プロローグ」 → "Prologue"

4.System menu error
Return Title → Title Menu

5.TIPS unlock message error
"NEW TIPS / Got a new tips." → "NEW TIP / Got a new tip."

6. Mayuri's year-old error
 17 years old → 16 years old

Oh... That only took a month and a half? Good job, Mages.

EDIT: Of course, the patch above breaks the game. Thank you Mages.

morningbus

Serious Sam is a wicked gahbidge series for chowdaheads.
"6. Mayuri's year-old error
 17 years old → 16 years old"

Am I, morningbus, being fucked with here?

Deques

Am I the only one with poor performances from Epistory? An i5-2500 and gtx 970 should be sufficient?

I finished it this weekend. Had a few issues with the game. First one is that all the text in the game showed variable strings instead of actual text. That was easy to solve, by going to the games settings and changed the language

Second one is that it caused that my computer froze and there were no way to wake the computer without a forced restart. Sometimes it gave a green screen, other times the monitor went to sleep mode and couldn't be woken again.
I solved it by changing the game's graphics to Fastest in the launcher

Third and most critical problem is that I lost my progress. I still got my save file, but the game doesn't recognize it for some reason. It could detect all the stats, but it couldn't understand where I was last playing :( I had to restart the game

Should I play Shadow Warrior before I buy and play Shadow Warrior 2? The sequel looks very interesting and the original looks like something I'd rather not grind through..

6. Mayuri's year-old error
 17 years old → 16 years old"

raw

With the motherboard currently in repair I decided to play REmaster on PS4. I beat Jill's playthrough back when REmake dropped on ps4 but never continued to Chris. Fuck I forgot how hard his playthrough is compared to Jill's. Even though I finished the game many years ago on gamecube I forgot how
you get the shotgun later and how you have to take on Plant 42 yourself.

Ludens

Banned
Completed Deponia Doomsday. Not really ok with it, I don't understand why this franchise is so loved when Daedalic has plenty of better titles than this.
Anyway the big problem here (not that other games were free from this) is the HUGE amount of backtracking involved, with some puzzles you need to partially repeat in order to go on, plus a timer in case you fail, will force you to start the section from the beginning.

A very disappointing thing is
the end of the game. Really, you make a game to change the ending of the trilogy because people weren't ok with that, just to propose the exact same ending, making the whole game totally useless.

Bah.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Worlds of Final Fantasy is adorably cute.
Just wish summons/champion animations can be canceled.

Yeah, I have to say that I like the little of what I've seen of the game thus far. A Steam release is undoubtedly on the cards, though, so I'll just wait for it.

Orgen

Started TWD: Michonne (despite all the recommendations here suggesting me TWAU... that'll be next, I promise!) and I got a very bad performance for the game (stuttering and large drops in fps). Is it known to get a worse performance than previous Telltale games or maybe it was a problem on my end?

Ludens

Banned
It really seems Konami wants to force people to buy MGSVDE as a gift in order to receive console items.
If you go on the store page of MGSV, under the DE there's this note:

Just add this game to your cart. Then during checkout, choose a friend to receive your gift.

So what Rober Peeler said was right (even if you can't do that at the moment because something is screwed up and Konami is trying to fix it).

I have really no words on this. It's just a way to make you buy the full DE again giving you the illusion you don't need to since the game is impossible to purchase for yourself if you already own the game...but hey, if you gift it, you can get those items for free.

Lol, I guess making the DLC available for purchase for like 5€ wasn't an option for Konami, they want the full 30€ again...even if they don't dare to ask for them directly apparently.

Tizoc

Yeah, I have to say that I like the little of what I've seen of the game thus far. A Steam release is undoubtedly on the cards, though, so I'll just wait for it.

Same here, just wish they'd speed things up in battle and the like.
But having a Baby Chocobo riding on your head AND RIDING A FREAKIN' BEHEMOTH is just too cute to pass on.
EDIT: Oh yeah and the camera too, that fixed camera is so 2003....

Nrocinu777

Neo Member
Same here, just wish they'd speed things up in battle and the like.
But having a Baby Chocobo riding on your head AND RIDING A FREAKIN' BEHEMOTH is just too cute to pass on.
EDIT: Oh yeah and the camera too, that fixed camera is so 2003....

Try holding R1. Speeds up battles.

Arthea

did morningbus buy a vr headset for coming today his last hope to serious sam?
just curious

as for Worlds of Final Fantasy, I hope SE will release it on steam, I want it way more than FF15, personally.

I've been watching Gamespot's Resident Kinevil series (playthroughs of every RE starting from the first game). They're up to RE2, but it's hard to watch because Persona A keeps hand-holding Person B (who's new to the games and supposed to be playing). He basically just tells her what to do, where to go, how to prepare for upcoming encounters, etc. And when they began playing RE2, Person A acknowledges that he was guiding Person B too much and makes an attempt only to act as a gamefaq when absolutely necessary. But after that first episode, he's just resorted to hand-holding again.

This also has had the negative effect of Persona B having constant brain farts because she's isn't learning how to play the games properly.

Who are the people doing the videos?

Ascheroth

So I've started up God Eater 2 again after a little break, got to Difficulty 3 and got an ingame-mail that Gintama costumes are now available in the store.
I was like, "Wait a minute. What!?? That's fucking awesome!"

Then I checked the store and... nothing. Googled a little and apparently they are only available in the JP version because of licensing (fucking licensing, fuck you, fuck you and fuck you again)
They have god damn SAO, Assassination Classroom, Tokyo Ghoul, Idol Master and what do I know as costumes, but of course they removed the only costume set I would have cared about and couldn't even be arsed to take out the damn notification about it.

What a way to shatter hopes and dream. That somehow pisses me off way more than it should.
Fucking hell.

Tizoc

So I've started up God Eater 2 again after a little break, got to Difficulty 3 and got an ingame-mail that Gintama costumes are now available in the store.
I was like, "Wait a minute. What!?? That's fucking awesome!"

Then I checked the store and... nothing. Googled a little and apparently they are only available in the JP version because of licensing (fucking licensing, fuck you, fuck you and fuck you again)
They have god damn SAO, Assassination Classroom, Tokyo Ghoul, Idol Master and what do I know as costumes, but of course they removed the only costume set I would have cared about and couldn't even be arsed to take out the damn notification about it.

What a way to shatter hopes and dream. That somehow pisses me off way more than it should.
Fucking hell.
If it exists we can mod it (in)

Ludens

Banned
I'll need to find the time to download and play that World of FF demo, than I can judge if it's something I could like or not. For now I don't like chibi design, but I wanna try the demo before talking about the quality of the game itself.

Nillansan

I got that Spelunky craving again thanks to Fresh Veggies. I booted it up and checked the Leaderboards and I was surprised to see that my high score sat at about 300K. I have done several 500K plus runs, I've even earned the Big Money Achievement. What gives? Well at least I have a legit excuse to put my backlog on hold and just play Spelunky...

ArjanN

The bigger issue is that if they just explored SotN naturally, it is very likely that they would never find the 2nd castle. And since that is probably the coolest secret in the game I can give some of their "chat guidance" a pass. That said, I agree with you that they are leaning on it a bit too much and it can ruin the experience a bit.

Eh, I feel it would just mostly be the same , except with a lot more backtracking.

Also, I consider the upside down castle less of a secret and more of a 'here's the second half of the game'.

Woohoo!

Hit 52 today after finishing up Masquerada, a beautiful RPG with stunning art, VO and OST let down by a frustrating battle system and Bad Sector HDD which is just Qix but a nice little version. Will probably write proper reviews in a couple of days.

Deques

I got that Spelunky craving again thanks to Fresh Veggies. I booted it up and checked the Leaderboards and I was surprised to see that my high score sat at about 300K. I have done several 500K plus runs, I've even earned the Big Money Achievement. What gives? Well at least I have a legit excuse to put my backlog on hold and just play Spelunky...

I tried to play Spelunky yesterday, but I simply suck at this game :(
So I started to play Binding of Isaac: Rebirth instead. And I rocked... kinda

Knurek

So, with voice actor's guild going on strike later today, will we go back to 'whatever intern we could find' school of voice acting in games soon?

Wok

I am in the same boat. I guess this is because we both played a ton of daily challenges instead of the main game.

Edit: Since I am first post, I will leave this beautiful background here.

Woohoo!

Hit 52 today after finishing up Masquerada, a beautiful RPG with stunning art, VO and OST let down by a frustrating battle system and Bad Sector HDD which is just Qix but a nice little version. Will probably write proper reviews in a couple of days.
Congrats! That's a lot of games.
I got that Spelunky craving again thanks to Fresh Veggies.
Just according to keikaku
I booted it up and checked the Leaderboards and I was surprised to see that my high score sat at about 300K. I have done several 500K plus runs, I've even earned the Big Money Achievement. What gives? Well at least I have a legit excuse to put my backlog on hold and just play Spelunky...
Had a similar thing happen to me but it was after beating a game and seeing the score, I got a popup saying couldn't connect to leaderboard servers and the score just wasn't saved online.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom