• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

bloke

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

The Inner World -- MB-6289420B1F7A6C05 - Taken by ExoSoul
Aaru's Awakening -- MB-CDAF5352F2E2D164 - Taken by Tizoc
Naissance -- MB-1EE500682FE0065F - Taken by illusionary

Currently culling my library. Down from 2000 to 1600 and ultimately I'd like to have less than1000 games tied to my account. Feels good.

Nice. I went from 2500 down to 1300 earlier this year. I know I could do a second pass and get rid of even more but the process is so incredibly boring and tedious that I just don't get around to it.

Fun fact, in case you haven't already figured it out yourself... the Humble Bundle is the number one enemy of the -1 crusade. They have had so many bundles where they would give a single key for 3-5 games together and you can't get rid of individual games from that set because removing that license would remove all 5 games in it. And so you get stuck with three games you don't want because there were two that you did. Humble Bundles and to a lesser extent, Steam collections.

this appeals to me. whats your rational here? youre never going to play bundle trash?

Yeah pretty much. If you've regularly been buying bundles over the last couple of years, not only will you reach the point where you don't remember buying some games, but you won't even know their names. Most of us already have games we'd like to play but can't find time for so why bother keeping something you don't even know you own and will never actually want to play?

Besides, there's always the safety net of being able to recover any removed license if you are weak willed or make a mistake :p

xezuru

If you care about your non-lewd gaming life, act now or forever be on the wrong side when they build the great wall of anime.

header.jpg
Speaking of anime, I just 100 percent'ed Delicious! Pretty Girls Mahjong Solitaire, which was brought up in this thread not too long ago, in just under 12 hours. The main game-play loop (solitaire mahjong on a strict timer that refills when you remove blocks) is really good, though you'll be doing levels over and over again since you frequently end in a unsolvable situations. Stages consist of 3 levels, where progression through the third level will progressively replace the costume of anime eye-candy with a different costume. There are a total of 7 characters to begin with, and an 8th character that is unlocked once every other stage is completed.

However, the "eye-candy" in the game is borderline absurd, as it quickly becomes clear that the artist (or whoever commissioned them) has a fetish for gigantic breasts. Back-breaking, gravity defying, ginormous breast fetish. Also, the characters will make "cute" comments as you remove blocks, which quickly becomes extremely repetitive (especially if you are stuck on a level). Eventually I just muted everything except basic sound-effects and moved the screen to one side, so that I could watch SGDQ while playing, which honestly made for a more exciting experience.

I would still recommend the game, though, provided that you are not gaming in public.

Kaleinc

Banned
Yeah I'm not sure why the crazies are clinging to anime avatars but I know even before the election and bs that anybody in CSGO sporting an anime avatar was toxic garbage.
I don't know how much the rest of you know about Japanese culture (I'm an expert), but Senpai is a middle aged white male construction worker in China. Walls are his passion. Great senpais build great walls.

Ucchedavāda;220425765 said:
Speaking of anime, I just 100 percent'ed Delicious! Pretty Girls Mahjong Solitaire, which was brought up in this thread not too long ago, in just under 12 hours. The main game-play loop (solitaire mahjong on a strict timer that refills when you remove blocks) is really good, though you'll be doing levels over and over again since you frequently end in a unsolvable situations. Stages consist of 3 levels, where progression through the third level will progressively replace the costume of anime eye-candy with a different costume. There are a total of 7 characters to begin with, and an 8th character that is unlocked once every other stage is completed.

However, the "eye-candy" in the game is borderline absurd, as it quickly becomes clear that the artist (or whoever commissioned them) has a fetish for gigantic breasts. Back-breaking, gravity defying, ginormous breast fetish. Also, the characters will make "cute" comments as you remove blocks, which quickly becomes extremely repetitive (especially if you are stuck on a level). Eventually I just muted everything except basic sound-effects and moved the screen to one side, so that I could watch SGDQ while playing, which honestly made for a more exciting experience.

I would still recommend the game, though, provided that you are not gaming in public.

They used charactes from all of their Hentai-games for that game, so thats why. I mean when you choose the girls, that Milf-type even is in a 69 position, but they cut the image so you cant see what the original looked like.

Phawx

I think the ultimate form of the -1 group is to have 0 games owned on Steam. Basically you buy a game, play it and beat it, then remove it from your account.

SSPssp

GMG extras:

ModBot said:
Instructions for SSPssp:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (SSPssp, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Huntsman -- MB-7E1A11E1180300F6 - Taken by Hakkelus
Corporate Lifestyle Simulator -- MB-4913648DD1F47B49 - Taken by Eila

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Currently culling my library. Down from 2000 to 1600 and ultimately I'd like to have less than1000 games tied to my account. Feels good.

dPs3v81.gif

I have been contemplating another pass. One hang-up for me is the desire to keep games that I got a high percentage of achievements or even 100%ed even if I don't think they are worthy of being a permanent fixture in my library.

Zia

Well, in my defense it's not about some weird, compulsive hang-up with a game but being able to find something new to try out when I'm bored. I look at all of those games and my eyes just glaze over. It's nice to look at my A section (so far) and see that they're all something I'd at least want to install and try out.

Yeah I'm not sure why the crazies are clinging to anime avatars but I know even before the election and bs that anybody in CSGO sporting an anime avatar was toxic garbage.

Try accepting a friend request on facebook.

Who would win this fight? Like for Goku, share for Naruto!

Who is the hottest waifu? Like for what'shername1, share for what'shername2.

That Summer Lesson thread is strange.

On one hand you have people saying that waifu-lovers are alt-right supremacists.

On the other hand you have people with anime-avaters denying they buy it because of the cute virtual girl and just want it for the "social experience".
The kneejerk defense in that thread is kind of sad.
HolyBaikal was actually right.
HolyBaikal broke down mentally because there was a dildo in a game, so no.

Aaron D.

not gonna touch stellaris while civ is new, and the winter sale is just around the corner

Fair enough.

I'm hoping the initial Plantoids Species Pack DLC goes on sale when Leviathans lands. Man, that thing was overpriced.

Think Paradox got the message with their Leviathans pricing, which is WAY more reasonable respective to the content level.

Are Serious Sam 1 & 2 HD good?

VERY.

Nzyme32

will wait for a sale... paradox fucked up

it's all about civ 6

Civ games are just tutorials for Paradox's Grand Strategies.

You cray-cray.

Will own both Day One.

I'm in the boat that both are pretty awesome. Stelaris has a bit of a wobbly midgame, which is exactly what leviathan aims to, and seemingly looks like it will solve.

At the same time, Civ is pretty important, so I'm setting Stelaris to one side, playing Civ till the holidays when I will get leviathans. Then I will spend all Christmas playing strategy games!!!

Ozium

Fair enough.

I'm hoping the initial Plantoids Species Pack DLC goes on sale when Leviathans lands. Man, that thing was overpriced.

Think Paradox got the message with their Leviathans pricing, which is WAY more reasonable respective to the content level.

what's the price for Leviathans going to be? I was put off by the price of the species pack because it's just portraits iirc

Have people had luck with Rocksmith has a learning tool? Had started to learn chords a few months ago but then I lacerated a tendon. Hand has mostly healed now and I wanted to get back into it and I'm trying to decide if buying the Rocksmith cable is worth it.

xezuru

Have people had luck with Rocksmith has a learning tool? Had started to learn chords a few months ago but then I lacerated a tendon. Hand has mostly healed now and I wanted to get back into it and I'm trying to decide if buying the Rocksmith cable is worth it.

I have no idea about it in the long/end game ish type term, but I've seen people have at least an okay guitar basics or I guess I should call it guitar familiarity through solely Rocksmith.

I had real, in-person lessons for about...a year and a half to two years. Afterwards, I relied entirely on Rocksmith. Between the two, I certainly progressed more quickly with Rocksmith, and it definitely helps that it's "fun". The way it ramps up difficulty the better you get is great, and it's actually not terrible for teaching the basics.

In terms of "learning" real lessons are obviously much better if you have no experience whatsoever. However, once you have a basic understanding, I'd lean more towards Rocksmith, mainly for two reasons:

1. It's actually pretty decent at teaching you stuff, without beating you over the head with it.
  2. Being able to play music you like, being able to play the minigames, etc. are really important in terms of making you want to practice. Learning is great, but eventually you reach a point where you can plateau with your current skillset and get bored. Rocksmith really helps break things up, keep things interesting, and most importantly, keep you playing. Keeping up a practice routine is the hardest part, and Rocksmith is really great in that regard. The only way to break through a plateau and learn more advanced skills is through practice, and if you're just playing riffs off tabs or repeating Youtube videos things get really, really stale. Especially without any outside feedback.
In my opinion, lessons are great for laying the groundwork with techniques and progressions. Rocksmith is great for learning actual songs and keeping you engaged while you get better. Taking some lessons, then transitioning into home-practice with Rocksmith works really well.

Also, depending on what you want, Rocksmith (original) is the better music game. Rocksmith 2014 is the better music tool. Both are great in their own respect, but if Rocksmith (original) was updated with the enhanced accuracy and songs from 2014, I'd say it'd be hands-down more fun. As it stands, Rocksmith 2014 is the best, just for the better accuracy, and the song import from the original Rocksmith.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom