• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

dex3108

AC Syndicate is not on AC Unity level but it still can look really nice.

29757877923_10f31e5904_o.jpg
30389622475_c2d82c00b3_o.png
30353667916_666623e1c9_o.png
29759287284_4d17cc8e1b_o.png
29757857203_480a9bf07b_o.jpg
30353675946_fa84c9c0c5_o.jpg
29759318924_65e86d5403_o.jpg
29757881923_3011d22d49_o.jpg

this is already a dated-ass reference lol

That's my problem with meme references in games, in general. They won't ever be in the moment, and most memes aren't good in the moment. Most pop culture references in games are not worth the laziest haHAA you can manage, which is what they get when they're at their best.

** inb4 a patch updates my age from 17 to 16 **

Nillansan

I am in the same boat. I guess this is because we both played a ton of daily challenges instead of the main game.

I played a ton of Daily Challenges, but I am sure that I did 500K runs in Adventure Mode as well. Oh well.

Just according to keikaku.

Haha. I will stop as soon as I hit 500K. Did you check out Tower Climb or GONNER or are you done with Rogue-likes for the time being?

Had a similar thing happen to me but it was after beating a game and seeing the score, I got a popup saying couldn't connect to leaderboard servers and the score just wasn't saved online.

That might be what I encountered, I am not sure.

That Summer Lesson thread is strange.

On one hand you have people saying that waifu-lovers are alt-right supremacists.
I've never heard this before and honestly I can't make any connection o_O
Did you check out Tower Climb or GONNER or are you done with Rogue-likes for the time being?
Gonner looks fun but a bit too abstract and disoriented me a bit but TowerClimb I remember xeruzu plugging here. Just watched the trailer of it and wow, that looks pretty awesome I have to say. Off to the WL.

dex3108

Well, that and Ubi overestimated next-gen consoles with Unity.

Well at least Ubi showed what they do best, that is art. Can't wait to see what they will do with Empire (that will probably run on a new Anvil Engine). I just hope that there will be at least one programmer who will push for better LOD system XD

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

Saty

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Back to Bed -- MB-33BB80A5846A6C65 - Taken by dimmer

You guys should visit off topic, you'd learn that the overwhelming majority of folks supporting Trump sport anime avatars.

Anything newsworthy today in Steam news?

MattyG

Banned
So I just sold a GPU in the original box on ebay for like $70. Brought it to the post office to get a flat rate box, and the person gave me a box that it fit in quite snuggly. I also didn't buy insurance and now I'm wishing I could go back and repackage it. I'm thinking that the plastic in the original box might keep it relatively safe since it kind of suspends it and saves it from shock a bit (and also there was nothing in the shipping box that I originally got it in other than 2 of those inflated plastic things, so it's been shipped like this before), but I'm not positive.

How fucked am I, SteamGAF?

Nzyme32

You guys should visit off topic, you'd learn that the overwhelming majority of folks supporting Trump sport anime avatars.

I've noticed this and after the FacePalmer Luckey stuff, it kind of seemed a lot more obvious for someone who is looking from the outside in at the American elections, and slowly seeing what the "alt-right" is.

As for Steam stuff, apart from the above Valve-time in full effect, last bit of interesting news was from Dev Days last week saying the changes to Steam are coming in "a couple of weeks", which is next week + Valve-time = fuck

Grief.exe

I wonder what the correlation is.

There are some disruptive posters in here that could likely be filed under similar ideologies.

Who here bought evolve? What did you get once it went free to play?

A game in my Library.

I've noticed this and after the FacePalmer Luckey stuff, it kind of seemed a lot more obvious for someone who is looking from the outside in at the American elections, and slowly seeing what the "alt-right" is.

As for Steam stuff, apart from the above Valve-time in full effect, last bit of interesting news was from Dev Days last week saying the changes to Steam are coming in "a couple of weeks", which is next week + Valve-time = fuck
Get ready for the changes to maybe come before the winter sale kicks off

xezuru

Who here bought evolve? What did you get once it went free to play?

You get all the content that came with the original game including any alternate character adaptations that came out or will in the future for those characters in vanilla, which turns to about 80% of all the characters. You get a couple pity perks for owning founders, some skins, and if I can remember right you get like 30k keys.

Zia

Currently culling my library. Down from 2000 to 1600 and ultimately I'd like to have less than1000 games tied to my account. Feels good.

So I just sold a GPU in the original box on ebay for like $70. Brought it to the post office to get a flat rate box, and the person gave me a box that it fit in quite snuggly. I also didn't buy insurance and now I'm wishing I could go back and repackage it. I'm thinking that the plastic in the original box might keep it relatively safe since it kind of suspends it and saves it from shock a bit (and also there was nothing in the shipping box that I originally got it in other than 2 of those inflated plastic things, so it's been shipped like this before), but I'm not positive.

How fucked am I, SteamGAF?
Flat rate has fifty dollars insurance built in so you'd be only out twenty. Covering it all would have cost less than two dollars. Do it!

MattyG

Banned
Flat rate has fifty dollars insurance built in so you'd be only out twenty. Covering it all would have cost less than two dollars. Do it!
Ah okay, I didn't realize they'd cover the $50 for an item that is over, I thought it was "have insurance that covers in excess or get nothing." Awesome! That makes me feel so much better.

And I really should've. I actually meant to but I completely forgot. Lesson learned!

GaussTek

Hey guys, I was checking HB, and I saw I had those unused PS3 keys from the Capcom PSN bundle. I know this is the Steam thread, BUT I already tried posting this in the PSN one, unfortunately that it's mostly dead lol... and I know that some of you might have a PS3, so I'll just throw it here :p Those can be used in America.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 0 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

1hFaqwB.png
Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 (PSN) -- MB-FFC1FDAC4B3E7896
1hFaqwB.png
Final Fight Double Impact (PSN) -- MB-84942D58A7F31C21 - Taken by laserlaser

By the way, there were some errors processing your keys...
Note: The key you added for Wolf of the Battlefield: Commando 3 (PSN) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.
Note: The key you added for Final Fight Double Impact (PSN) was already listed in ModBot from a previous giveaway of yours, but was not taken. Updating key info to match new giveaway.

Creamium

shut uuuuuuuuuuuuuuup
Took me some fiddling in the .inis but I got Killer is Dead working with 60fps and corrected minigames. Everything was pretty bad out of the box, would've hated to play this in 30 fps. Plus, it even forgot my saved resolution so had to enter that .ini as well.

And to top it off, I had a massive sound bug I had to fix by veryfing the game cache in Steam, it had to redownload files. The sound popped in and out in ch3, very annoying. I wasn't the only one with this bug apparently.

Great game so far, but you need to do some research before everything's set up properly.

Yeah I'm not sure why the crazies are clinging to anime avatars but I know even before the election and bs that anybody in CSGO sporting an anime avatar was toxic garbage.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom