• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.

Strider

Loved Sleeping Dogs. The news actually reminded me I was posting n the stream threads a lot when I was rockin a Wei shen avatar. Sad they never got a chance at a true sequel :/

Hope those at UF find new jobs quickly

Mengy

wishes it were bannable to say mean things about Marvel
So I did something I very rarely do: I pre-ordered a game. I bought Civilization 6 from GMG with the 20% discount, I have it pre-loaded and downloaded, and now I just have to wait until 12:01 AM Friday morning to start playing.

I don't hardly ever pre-order games, but I've seen enough footage of Civ 6 already to be sure I won't be disappointed. And with almost 300 hours of time into Civ 5, I'm sure I'll get my money's worth, lol.

Man, The Witcher 3 is almost overwhelmingly big! I've spent hours just roaming around the countryside on my horse, slaying shit tons of monsters and bandits along the way. Oh, and looting the shit out of every home I come across... but people don't seem to mind.

mp1990

Banned
Yeah, I have to say that I like the little of what I've seen of the game thus far. A Steam release is undoubtedly on the cards, though, so I'll just wait for it.

I just finished the demo, and I'm gonna have a hard time resisting the urge to buy it on the PS4, everything in that game appeals to me. This game, alongside DQ Builders, just makes the Square Enix release schedule on PC even more annoying.

Levyne

Banned
Man, The Witcher 3 is almost overwhelmingly big! I've spent hours just roaming around the countryside on my horse, slaying shit tons of monsters and bandits along the way. Oh, and looting the shit out of every home I come across... but people don't seem to mind.

It is. I'd almost argue that it was too big. But a great game imo.

Nice, pre-loading Civ VI.

It's no Brave New World intro, or even a Beyond Earth intro, but it's good. Firaxis sure know how to make an intro to a Civilisation game, with lots of grandeur. The girl's giant bug eyes are a bit off-putting though.

That's an understatement. Dreamworks-ish character design combined with some naturalistic looking shaders, it's kind of jarring, but that's my general sentiment for what I've seen of the character designs in Civ VI. It's not Like Civ V or Beyond Earth had realistic depictions of the leaders but they've pushed the exaggeration to the point where it's just kind of weird looking.

Vibranium

Banned
RIP United Front Games ;_;

I still hope someday a Sleeping Dogs sequel happens, maybe some of the staff can find jobs at other Eidos studios.

That's rough to hear but not surprising. It's been rough being an independent developer for a while now. I worked at UFG for a number of years, it was a great studio, filled with a lot of awesome people and Sleeping Dogs was a fun project to work on. I have no doubt that everyone there will land on their feet but this is still up-ending a lot of peoples lives if true.

Whoa. That's surprising. It's a shame we never got a true Sleeping Dogs sequel.

Rip.

They were going to make a sequel, it became Triad Wars because that's what Square was willing to pay for.

UFG made some good games, sucks they got screwed by SE

They didn't get screwed by Square-Enix, if anything working Square-Enix bought them more time. It's more the overall trends of the game industry. It's hard to be an independent developer and convince a third party publisher to give you 50-100 million dollars and 3 to 5 years to make a triple A game, even with a proven track record. Most publishers have their own internal studios and projects they'd like to funnel that money and support to.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I wish GAF has more colors for highlights

I'm having flashbacks to 1990s Geocities sites just thinking about the people that would abuse that.

Anteater

nooooooooooooooooo

i need my sleeping dogs 2

wtf

and there's a serious sam sale, am I still drunk? maybe i should just go back to sleep

This is a terrible, terrible game. You have been duly warned.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.
Want to make your own ModBot giveaway? Click here for a quick tutorial thread. Please give generously.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (bobnowhere, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Kick-Ass 2 -- MB-1D5A3BCB4AC12937 - Taken by Coldsun

Parsnip

Well at least Ubi showed what they do best, that is art. Can't wait to see what they will do with Empire (that will probably run on a new Anvil Engine). I just hope that there will be at least one programmer who will push for better LOD system XD

What makes you think it will be on a new anvil? Just guessing?

So, United Front Games is dead. Sleeping Dogs 2, if it ever happens, won't be the same. And that's a shame.

Now, a moment of reminiscence. Sleeping Dogs was one of the few games to understand cosmetic DLC. Just look at this perfection:
D81E25F8A0227840B4B33CA631C0CAE33130C061

Gonna miss their work. Kind of want to replay Sleepy Dogs some time, now. Shame that the rerelease was bad, because that would be the perfect reason to jump back in.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom