• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | October 2016 - A month where 100 games launch rather than coming out earlier

Status
Not open for further replies.
2016-10-1814_58_14-roixstx.png

mp1990

Banned
I don't think I ever made to week 10 anywhere!

I think I got it only once, when I carried 2000 passengers, in a daily challenge no less, but it wasn't in Tokyo :(

I don't know... I feel I got my money worth already, but those left cheevos are nagging at me a little
Oh, I totally got my money worth already, no doubt about it, the 13 hours I spent in Mini Metro was some of the most fun I had this year. But the achievements add some nice little challenge to the mix, and the new update should help to make some of them more doable, as some maps can be reeeeeally tricky.

Not announced for PC but XB1 and PS4.

Fuckers

I still haven't properly played Red Dead Redemption, borrowed it off a friend and played about 5 hours. I had a 360 and PS3 but I kept waiting for PC version. I have a PS4 but I'll wait for a PC version of Red Dead Redemption 2.

Nzyme32

Not buying it at all. I'm not supporting Double dipping strategy, I'll have better games to play when/if it's out on PC.

It's not even hard to miss it, unless there is some kind of massive decrease in the output of PC games next year. This year has been so mad for great games that most are deferred to next year for me. Ain't got no time fam.

Also, fairly confident I'll get it gifted to me again as with GTA V. Wouldn't pay full price for something that I can probably get at the end of the consoles life for nothing anyway. Almost played GTA V on PS3 due to that, but got gifted the PC version so didn't bother

D

Deleted member 98878

Unconfirmed Member
Not buying it at all. I'm not supporting Double dipping strategy, I'll have better games to play when/if it's out on PC.

I know I shouldn't support it, but... but it's the sequel to one my favorite games of all time :(

Saty

Rockstar still is the only company knowingly trying to keep its PC fans in the dark and it still doesn't make a lick of sense, unless you humor the 'double-dipping' theory that has no data whatsoever.

It's in Rockstar's best interest to allow PC players to buy the game ASAP and thus give them the bigger cut. Announce it's coming but later (though them not being able to release a game for 3 platforms on the same time unlike every other dev in the business is another subject). This stupid song & dance where they get asked about it and give a vague non-answer only to 'shockingly' getting announced later must end. It doesn't respect the fans and players.

Shenzhen I/O is super good. It is TIS-100 with better graphics, better narrative (through an email client), and improved gameplay (you get to choose which "box" you want to write code in, and you get to arrange them in a constrained space with wires going everywhere). It took me some time to have the courage to go through the 40+ pages of manual, but it was all worth it.

Which of TIS-100 and Shenzhen I/O would you recommend getting first? Based on your description, I'm thinking Shenzhen I/O.

What about RDR port though.

Rockstar knows people will double-dip and many on PC will buy an inevitable late PC port either way, so it makes financial sense for them.

But, I still say fuck Rockstar.

The double-dip strategy was always bullshit. All it means is that day and date release would've generated a lot more sales. Big IP just survives the waiting time better than others.

Corpekata

Banned
The double-dip strategy was always bullshit. All it means is that day and date release would've generated a lot more sales. Big IP just survives the waiting time better than others.

I'd say the double dip strategy is bullshit for MOST games. But Rockstar already seemed to be the exception to the rule with GTA V.

I'd say the double dip strategy is bullshit for MOST games. But Rockstar already seemed to be the exception to the rule with GTA V.

Nah, if anything, it just means GTA V would've sold a lot more. As I said, GTA V isn't setting a rule or an exception. It's just showing that big IP with amazing reception suffers less from the drop of sales.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom