• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Sale Gift Packs Organization.

Salsa

xJi7t.jpg

So this sale is going to be insane on packs, so im opening this beforehand so we can better organize it here.

Currently there's this:

Freedom Force - 10 pack

Portal - 6 pack

Dawn of War II: Chaos Rising - 8 pack

Empire: Total War - 6 pack

I guess prices may vary between regions, so use Steamprices.com. Although we can always buy and gif the pack from the cheaper region.

I'll try to keep this post updated with the new pack deals, even though duckroll is already updating the other thread with all the deals.

edit:

This is a leaked list of possible packs to show up in the coming days (by LovingSteam), remember, THIS IS NOT CONFIRMED.

Mount and Blade Warband 6-pack
GTA Liberty Cities pack
Red Faction Guerrilla 8-pack
Splinter Cell Conviction 6-pack
Just Cause 2 8-pack
World of Goo 12-pack
Racettear 8-pack
Alien vs. Predator 6-pack
Braid 10-pack
Left 4 Dead 2 - 10 pack
Puzzle Quest 2 - 10 pack
Defense Grid: TA - 10 pack
Audiosurf - 12 pack

There's another, bigger list that was posted on CAG, again, NOT CONFIRMED, but i'll post it anyway just in case:

- Aliens vs Predator (2010) 6-pack
- Audiosurf 12-pack
- Braid 10-pack
- Counter-Strike: Source 6-pack
- Defense Grid: The Awakening 10-pack
- Empire: Total War 6-pack
- Freedom Force 10-pack
- Grand Theft Auto: Episodes from Liberty City 6-pack
- Just Cause 2 8-pack
- Lead and Gold: Gangs of the Wild West 10-pack
- Left 4 Dead 2 6-pack
- Mount & Blade: Warband 6-pack
- Nyxquest: Kindred Spirits 10-pack
- Osmos 12-pack
- Portal 6-pack
- Puzzle Quest 2 10-pack
- Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale 8 pack
- Red Faction: Guerrilla 8-pack
- Splinter Cell: Conviction 6-pack
- Trine 8-pack
- Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising 8-pack
- World of Goo 12-pack

- Indie Air Pack: Altitude, DogFighter, Flotilla, Gratuitous Space Battles, Plain Sight
- Indie Clever Pack: Doc Clock: The Toasted Sandwich of Time, Eufloria, Iron Grip: Warlord, VVVVVV, World of Goo
- Indie Pulse Pack: Audiosurf, Beat Hazard, Bit Trip Beat, The Polynomial, Rhythm Zone
- Indie Puzzle Pack: Cogs, Droplitz, Puzzle Dimension, Shatter, Tidalis
- Indie Story Pack: And Yet It Moves, Gish, Puzzle Agent, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Jolly Rover

Instro

Might also be worth posting that leaked list of packs in the OP so people can plan ahead a little. Although theres no prices, could be useful.

Raxus

Instro said:
Might also be worth posting that leaked list of packs in the OP so people can plan ahead a little. Although theres no prices, could be useful.
This, even without the prices I am sure having a group in order ready to buy would save everyone a serious headache.

Salsa

Instro said:

Are we completely sure those are going to be popping up though ?

if yes, then someome post it and i'll put it in the OP.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I don't think this thread is needed, but mostly because juggling many threads is annoying. Oh well.

- Puzzle Quest 2 10-pack
- Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale 8 pack
I'm interested in these.

Jonnyram

SalsaShark said:
Are we completely sure those are going to be popping up though ?

if yes, then someome post it and i'll put it in the OP.
How about posting them with the disclaimer that they might not actually pop up, but they've leaked somehow.

Fireflu

Hey guys, ive been keeping this borderlands list together from the previous thread so ill stick it here.

So the people interested in splitting a pack thus far are:

dream, RickA238, Fularu, dorkimoe and me.

As i said before in the previous thread if someone from the US could make the purchase (as im from the UK and this will actually work out costing more for each of us) then we can pay them back afterwards.

So yeah we need one more person willing to chip in for this pack to work.

Salsa

Dice said:
I don't think this thread is needed, but mostly because juggling many threads is annoying. Oh well.

I'm interested in these.

The other thread is full with wishlists comparision and whatnot, believe me itll come in handy in the coming days.

I'll post the leaked list as something that is not 100 percent confirmed, i just have to find it.

Fireflu

This thread is totally necessary, thanks SalsaShark :)

And your right, its gonna get nuts in the upcoming week so its nice to have a place to exclusively discuss pack distribution.

Btw can we put the pack listing for the entire week up here too (spoiler tag it if need be for people who want the surprise). Its nice to plan in advance :)

Salsa

Volcynika said:
Fredescu posted above that he's interested.

Yeah i suggest using BOLD and even HIGHLIGHT when talking about organizing a pack, how many more people are needed etc.

legend166

Ok, here we go. If people are interested in the following, please repost and add your name to the list:

Deus Ex: GOTY 8 Pack - $1.50ea
- legend166

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale 8 pack - No price yet
- Dice
- legend166

Just Cause 2 8 pack - No price yet
- legend166

Fireflu

lol... here comes another revision of the list.

Borderlands (6 Pack) - $6.66 Each
-dream
-RickA238
-Fularu
-dorkimoe
-Fireflu

(need one more)

btw put me down on a just cause 2 list

- Dice
- legend166
- rainking187

I'm definitely interested, but it depends how much it would cost per person. If it ends up being like $15 per person or something then count me out.

Salsa

Updated OP with the supposedly leaked list.

rainking187 said:
I'm definitely interested, but it depends how much it would cost per person. If it ends up being like $15 per person or something then count me out.

Yeah i suggest to make these kinds of lists after the pack is confirmed to be on sale and the price is given. Im sure a lot of people will be holding out for that, and its better than to cancel your involvment later and leave the other people involved with their hands empty.

Then again is a suggestion so do as you please.

Instro

SalsaShark said:
Updated OP with the supposedly leaked list.

Looks like there was a significantly larger list posted at CAG today: http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=24569733&postcount=376

Anyway Im interested in quite a few packs but I will be waiting on pricing first, I think its s safe bet to assume that there will be at least a 50% discount on each if you look at todays deals. RUSE is pretty new and a full price game normally and its getting that much from its 6-pack.

Salaadin

- Dice
- legend166
- rainking187
- Doublethink
- Salaadin

Regardless of price, count me in.

anyone trying to get Borderlands?

I'm more than willing to contribute my share of the pack if there's a group set up looking for one more person.

How do the packs work? I've never bought one or participated in one before.

Does it automatically spread the price of the game to everyone?

I'd be interested in AvP

SolarPowered said:

One person buys and gifts the games to the rest of the group. The group paypal's the money to the leader ahead of time.

Raxus

Another thing. With some packs giving you games you may already own, may I suggest this also be a begging thread for gifts from steam?

Also, sign me up for Just Cause 2.

Salsa

SolarPowered said:

One person has to buy it, so everyone else in the group sends the money to that person.

Then he sends the rest of the copies to the people involved as gifts.

Salsa

Raxus said:
Another thing. With some packs giving you games you may already own, may I suggest this also be a begging thread for gifts from steam?

Sure yeah if anyone has free copies to give away feel free to post them here. There's also the FREE to a good home thread.

edit: oh i just read the begging part. Yeah that's not really going to work, you can offer your extra copies though.

SalsaShark said:
One person has to buy it, so everyone else in the group sends the money to that person.

Then he sends the rest of the copies to the people involved as gifts.
Does the initial buyer have to depend on everyone's trust or is the money automatically handled by steam? How is the money transferred?

If it works through steam like I imagine I'm totally up for this.

Edit:
Sorry for all the questions. I'm just very careful about how I spend my money.:lol

Codeblue

I'm interested but have never used Paypal. Can I just tell it to charge my credit card and transfer the money to whoever is hosting? Any fees involved or anything?

Volcynika

SolarPowered said:
Does the initial buyer have to depend on everyone's trust or is the money automatically handled by steam? How is the money transferred?

Edit:
Sorry for all the questions. I'm just very careful about how I spend my money.:lol

Money's transferred how you want. Buyer buys the pack, and then gets payment from others via PayPal / other Steam games / etc.

Fredescu

Raxus said:
The double ups in those indie packs won't be giftable. Even if they were, begging for free games sounds terribly obnoxious. People usually just offer that stuff up in the regular Steam thread. No reason for it here.

Salsa

SolarPowered said:

Edit:

Its all trust, with your GAF reputation on the line of course :lol .

I personally have always used Paypal. I made quite a few packs with Gaffers and always recieved the money/payed immediatly. It depends on how much you trust the people here, im sure there'll be no trouble.

It works on trust. Make sure the deal is out in the open and the poster is someone who posts often.

I've done a few in the past and will likely do one for AvP if anyone is interested.

You use the "gift" option in paypal so you don't get hit with paypal fees.

No it's not through Steam. Most just use Paypal. Usually the buyer waits until he has a complete group before making the purchase, has the others Paypal him the money, then gifts the extra copies to them.

If anyone is looking to get a group going for the Left 4 Dead 2 pack down the line, I'd love to join in. Unfortunately, I probably won't have the funds to host a pack though.

FromTheFuture said:
If anyone is looking to get a group going for the Left 4 Dead 2 pack down the line, I'd love to join in. Unfortunately, I probably won't have the funds to host a pack though.

People will give you the money before you buy the pack. In other words, when you are the group leader or whatever, you still only needs the funds on hand for your copy.

rac

Banned
I am interested in Just Cause 2 and have paypal. Let's do this!
If it is one of the packs.

coopolon said:
- legend166
Coopolon
Fireflu
Raxus
Lkr
Dandeschain

What I got so far.

Pick me!

Jonnyram

- Dice
- legend166
- rainking187
- Doublethink
- Salaadin
- jonnyram

In like Flynn.

Technically, it's against the Agreement to sell the Extra Copies to anyone. I guess you're supposed to buy it and gift it to friends out of the goodness of your heart. But I can't believe Valve isn't aware of how people arrange to be reimbursed.

Salsa

faceless007 said:
Technically, it's against the Agreement to sell the Extra Copies to anyone. I guess you're supposed to buy it and gift it to friends out of the goodness of your heart. But I can't believe Valve isn't aware of how people arrange to be reimbursed.

Valve isnt Activision man, the packs are sold, all is well. There's groups organizing to buy packs even on Valve's own forums.

NG28

I'm in for just cause

- legend166
Coopolon
Fireflu
Raxus
Lkr
Dandeschain
NG28

Fireflu

Borderlands (6 Pack) - $6.66 Each
- Fireflu
- dream
- RickA238
- Fularu
- dorkimoe
- diztrukted

OK, looks like we got ourselves a complete set, if any of you are willing to make the purchase please PM me. I cant make the purchase myself as im from the UK and the prices are really messed up for this pack ($40 does not £40 make...!) so yeah, need one of you guys who is from the US to buy this thing and we'll pay you after.

Top Bottom