• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Sale Gift Packs Organization.

coopolon

NG28 said:
I'm in for just cause

Just Cause 2 8 pack - No price yet
- legend166
Coopolon
Fireflu
Raxus
Lkr
Dandeschain
NG28
Rac

I guess that makes 8. Now we just need valve tO actually sell the pack.

Davidion

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale 8 pack - No price yet
- Dice
- legend166
- rainking187
- Doublethink
- Salaadin
- jonnyram
- Davidion

I'll get in.

Salsa

Synless said:
Left 4 dead 2 pack if possible. We using paypal or something? How does this work?

:

SalsaShark said:
One person has to buy it, so everyone else in the group sends the money to that person.

Then he sends the rest of the copies to the people involved as gifts.

I think everyone agrees to use Paypal. You can talk it out through PMs.

Read the thread dudes, if this keeps happening i'll make a ""tutorial"" in OP.

Ive posted in every other thread about this but ill post it here anyways. I'm down for the Red Faction Guerrilla 8-pack, Racettear 8-pack, Alien vs. Predator 6-pack, Just Cause 2 8-pack most likely. I can also buy the packs and distribute them if needed. My steam name is DUFFMcWALIN

- Dice
- legend166
- Doublethink
- Salaadin
- jonnyram
- Davidion

Sorry, I think I'll take myself off the list now, SalsaShark was right, I don't want to screw people over by backing out at the last minute if the price ends up being too high.

Synless

SalsaShark said:
:

I think everyone agrees to use Paypal. You can talk it out through PMs.

Read the thread dudes, if this keeps happening i'll make a ""tutorial"" in OP.
I did read it, I was asking if paypal was the way to get money to people. I just wanted to make sure.

Salaadin

I should also note that I cant host packs either. I dont have a bank account tied to my paypal anymore and dont want to leave funds just sitting on my paypal account.

I missed the Red Faction Guerilla pack listing. Ill be in for that one too if the price is right.

senahorse

- Dice
- legend166
- Doublethink
- Salaadin
- jonnyram
- Davidion
- x3n05

edit: fixed list

Raxus

Fredescu said:
The double ups in those indie packs won't be giftable. Even if they were, begging for free games sounds terribly obnoxious. People usually just offer that stuff up in the regular Steam thread. No reason for it here.
Ah my apologies then I thought the double dips were giftable (I didn't mean it any other way sorry about the confusion)

Salsa

x3n05 said:
- Dice
- legend166
- rainking187
- Doublethink
- Salaadin
- jonnyram
- Davidion
- x3n05

I'll round this list out :D

rainking is out for now, there's still one slot left.

Im sure there'll be multiple groups here for every pack, so no real need to hurry things up if you want to wait for price/confirmation.

Raxus

coopolon said:
I guess that makes 8. Now we just need valve tO actually sell the pack.
for the Just Cause 2 people.

Please go to PM's We will choose a buyer and discuss getting the payment organized the day the sale goes public.

Fireflu

Im off to bed, if anyone buys that borderlands pack please PM me and ill sort everything out with them in the morning (so tired.....)

dorkimoe

Fireflu said:
Borderlands (6 Pack) - $6.66 Each
- Fireflu
- dream
- RickA238
- Fularu
- dorkimoe
- diztrukted

OK, looks like we got ourselves a complete set, if any of you are willing to make the purchase please PM me. I cant make the purchase myself as im from the UK and the prices are really messed up for this pack ($40 does not £40 make...!) so yeah, need one of you guys who is from the US to buy this thing and we'll pay you after.

come on! someone make this happen!

Also put me down for AVP pack

Salsa

Takuan said:
Put me down for:

Just Cause 2
Splinter Cell: Conviction
Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War II - Chaos Rising

There's no pack-talk for Splinter Cell or Dawn of War yet. So i suggest you start those and keep adding the people interested, this way the thread moves forward without people needing to check the entire thread.

Semblance

shhh Graham I'm still compiling this Radiant map
- Dice
- legend166
- Doublethink
- Salaadin
- jonnyram
- Davidion
- x3n05
- GuiltybyAssociation

I'd like in.

SalsaShark said:
Its all trust, with your GAF reputation on the line of course :lol .

I personally have always used Paypal. I made quite a few packs with Gaffers and always recieved the money/payed immediatly. It depends on how much you trust the people here, im sure there'll be no trouble.
I'll keep that in mind.

I'll be waiting in the shadows for anyone who is making a Borderlands 6 pack or a Deus Ex pack. I'm gonna be at work tonight at 12AM EST so I won't be able to organize deals tonight. Any "promininent" posters who are looking to make deals for those games can PM me and I'll respond at 9AM or so if you are desperate for a final member for the pack group.

Thanks

legend166

Ok, so we've got two completed packs:

Just Cause 2 8 pack - No price yet
- legend166
- Coopolon
- Fireflu
- Raxus
- Lkr
- Dandeschain
- NG28
- Rac

- Dice
- legend166
- Doublethink
- Salaadin
- jonnyram
- Davidion
- x3n05
- GuiltybyAssociation

If the prices are the same on the Aussie store as the American store, I'm happy enough to do the purchasing. I'll send out some PMs if/when those packs actually go up.

Incomplete pack:

Deus Ex: GOTY 8 Pack - $1.50ea
- legend166
- trinest
- SolarPowered?

RickA238

Fireflu said:
Borderlands (6 Pack) - $6.66 Each
- Fireflu
- dream
- RickA238
- Fularu
- dorkimoe
- diztrukted

OK, looks like we got ourselves a complete set, if any of you are willing to make the purchase please PM me. I cant make the purchase myself as im from the UK and the prices are really messed up for this pack ($40 does not £40 make...!) so yeah, need one of you guys who is from the US to buy this thing and we'll pay you after.

Whoever ends up buying the pack, let me know and I'll gladly PayPal the money. In my opinion we should pay the pack-buyer beforehand, it's only fair.

Also, put me down on the list for a Deus Ex pack. PM me with buyer info.

Volcynika

Takuan said:
When's this sale happening? Friday?

Just Cause 2 8-pack
Takuan
Snack
Motorbreath
The_Reckoning

The sale is the 24th - 29th. Each day will have a different set of deals/packs.

The packs are known but when they will be up is not.

legend166

Guys, if you want to get in on a pack, can you please add your name to an active list and repost it? Otherwise it's just a complete mess trying to figure out who's doing what.

kswiston

I am going to assume that the Just Cause 2 8-pack will be at least 50% off ($15 per unit or less). Since I was going to get the game for that price anyhow, I can host a new Just Cause 2 group. I have hosted 4-5 of these in the past on GAF, and typically have the gift voucher delivered to your steam account within 30 mins of me receiving your payment.

So:

Just Cause 2
1) Kswiston (host)
2)
3)
4)
5)
6)
7)
8)

I might be up for joining a few of the other groups depending on price, but I will host this one for sure.

Takuan

kswiston said:
I am going to assume that the Just Cause 2 8-pack will be at least 50% off ($15 per unit or less). Since I was going to get the game for that price anyhow, I can host a new Just Cause 2 group. I have hosted 4-5 of these in the past on GAF, and typically have the gift voucher delivered to your steam account within 30 mins of me receiving your payment.

So:

Just Cause 2
1) Kswiston (host)
2) Takuan
3) Snack
4) The_Reckoning
5) Motorbreath
6)
7)
8)

I might be up for joining a few of the other groups depending on price, but I will host this one for sure.
Updated your list.

Instro

RunWhiteBoyRun said:
Someone tell me what to do to join a HL2 or Deus Ex list.... bout some of the only shit I can run/

Well it looks like legend166 is running a Dues Ex pack, just add your name and repost the list of people that deal, simple.

legend166

Instro said:
Well it looks like legend166 is running a Dues Ex pack, just add your name and repost the list of people that deal, simple.

Yep.

I can buy the Deus Ex pack once I get home from work (around 2 hours). I'll PM everyone my Paypal address. you send me the money, I'll send you your game.

Rainier

Left 4 Dead 2 - 10 pack - Free -

First 9 PM's sent to me can get a free copy, I'll post your names here.

RunWhiteBoyRun
legend166
SolarPowered
snack
Synless
Team Vernia
arab
gotee12
Saige

Now Closed!

I just noticed that the second list has it as a 6 pack, not 10 pack. I'll pick up whatever Steam offers up first. I'll still take 9 names, but the last four may be out of luck.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
What a swell guy, tis Christmas!

I have it. Anyone who doesn't... should.

Salsa

Rainier said:
Left 4 Dead 2 - 10 pack - Free

First 9 PM's sent to me can get a free copy, I'll post your names here.

You are one cool dude.

Already got the game though, but you are one cool dude.

:D

Top Bottom