• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Sale Gift Packs Organization.

Seagoon

kswiston said:
I am going to assume that the Just Cause 2 8-pack will be at least 50% off ($15 per unit or less). Since I was going to get the game for that price anyhow, I can host a new Just Cause 2 group. I have hosted 4-5 of these in the past on GAF, and typically have the gift voucher delivered to your steam account within 30 mins of me receiving your payment.

So:

Just Cause 2
1) Kswiston (host)
2) Takuan
3) Snack
4) The_Reckoning
5) Motorbreath
6) Seagoon (steam id: goonbridge)
7)
8)

I might be up for joining a few of the other groups depending on price, but I will host this one for sure.

Added myself (am I doing this right?)

legend166

SolarPowered said:
Deus Ex: GOTY 8 Pack - $1.50ea
- legend166
- trinest
- SolarPowered?
- ricka238
- snack
-Solarpowered

Dude, look again, you're already on the list :lol

So it's:

- legend166
- trinest
- ricka238
- snack
- Solarpowered

Takuan

Just Cause 2
1) Kswiston (host)
2) Takuan
3) Snack
4) The_Reckoning
5) Motorbreath
7) K. Jack
8) CaLe

JC2 Group 3 complete.

legend166 said:
Dude, look again, you're already on the list :lol
I'm rushing because I've got to go to work!

I'll send the money however you'd like in the morning when I come back.

Thank you!
Edit:
I'm gonna sacrifice a goat in the name of Rainier!:lol

kswiston

I did think of one problem with starting these lists so early. Typically, these groups are created when a 4, 8, whatever pack is already on sale. So the people who are interested are actually online/able to pay in a timely fashion. We're creating lists for sales that may take 3-4 days to show up (if at all). What happens if a few people on a list are away from gaf for a few days in the middle of this sale? They tie up a spot that could go to someone willing to pay more promptly and the pack host has to take a risk on them paying whenever they are back online...

My Just Cause 2 group will go like this:
1) I will front the money for the entire pack without getting paid first
2) you get your game as soon as you pay your share of the pack
3) Reserving your spot now only gives you first dibs. I will PM everyone when the Just Cause 2 pack goes on sale. If I don't hear back from you with confirmation that you are still in by 6pm EST the day the pack goes on sale (sales switch over at 1pm EST), I will give your spot up to whoever wants it. If you don't pay within 24 hrs, I will give your spot up to whoever wants it.

If you don't check GAF that often, and would rather me email you (or even text you), PM me your info!

EDIT:

Here is my group. The above applies to you!

Just Cause 2
1) Kswiston (host)
2) Takuan
3) Snack
4) The_Reckoning
5) Motorbreath
7) K. Jack
8) CaLe

Takuan

kswiston said:
3) Reserving your spot now only gives you first dibs. I will PM everyone when the Just Cause 2 pack goes on sale. If I don't hear back from you with confirmation that you are still in by 6pm EST the day the pack goes on sale (sales switch over at 1pm EST), I will give your spot up to whoever wants it. If you don't pay within 24 hrs, I will give your spot up to whoever wants it.
Fair terms. Thanks for fronting the cash first.

Synless

Rainier said:
Left 4 Dead 2 - 10 pack - Free

First 9 PM's sent to me can get a free copy, I'll post your names here.

RunWhiteBoyRun
legend166
SolarPowered
snack
PM sent, I want one please!!

Seagoon

kswiston said:
I did think of one problem with starting these lists so early. Typically, these groups are created when a 4, 8, whatever pack is already on sale. So the people who are interested are actually online/able to pay in a timely fashion. We're creating lists for sales that may take 3-4 days to show up (if at all). What happens if a few people on a list are away from gaf for a few days in the middle of this sale? They tie up a spot that could go to someone willing to pay more promptly and the pack host has to take a risk on them paying whenever they are back online...

If you don't check GAF that often, and would rather me email you (or even text you), PM me your info!

EDIT:

Here is my group. The above applies to you!

Just Cause 2
1) Kswiston (host)
2) Takuan
3) Snack
4) The_Reckoning
5) Motorbreath
7) K. Jack
8) CaLe

Thanks Kswiston - can you PM me with your paypal details? or will you be doing this on the day of the sale?

I'm in New Zealand so there is a bit of a time zone difference, but it looks like if I let you know before midday my time on the day of the sale then I'm in.

kswiston

Takuan said:
Fair terms. Thanks for fronting the cash first.

It's only fair. No reason holding up 6-7 people if I am waiting for a straggler or two to pay me before buying the pack. It's much easier to just find someone else to take the empty slot if someone bails.

I've had zero problems filling up pre-order 4-packs in the past here, even though each game was ~$35. I doubt I will have any problems unloading Just Cause 2 at $15 or less.

Seagoon said:
Thanks Kswiston - can you PM me with your paypal details? or will you be doing this on the day of the sale?

I'm in New Zealand so there is a bit of a time zone difference, but it looks like if I let you know before midday my time on the day of the sale then I'm in.

I will PM you details and paypal info when the pack is on sale. I forgot that some people may be in EU or Aus/NZ. For you, or anyone else in Australia/New Zealand/Japan, I'll give you an extra couple hours to confirm. That way you don't have to be up early checking the sales (I think 6pm EST is 11am your time). As long as you still pay before the end of the daily sale.

rac

Banned
Raxus said:
Any suggestions on how payments can be done safely and discretely would be appreciated.
I'd be willing to pay the person who ends up buying the pack before they even buy the pack.

I'd like Recettear and NyxQuest. Any other non-US games going on right now?

NyxQuest 10 Pack - No price yet
- rohlfinator
- legend166
- x3n05
- cartman414

Recettear 8 Pack #2
1. Yeef
2. Niblet
3. Uncle Dukey
4. Totakeke
5. cartman414

Interested in NyxQuest, Braid and Osmos.

NyxQuest 10 Pack
- No price yet
1. rohlfinator
2. legend166
3. x3n05
4. cartman414
5. Instro
6. Reticent Rhino

Jonnyram

Hold on a sec, if the Indie Story bundle is real, I'd better back out of the Recettear 8 pack. I hadn't seen that originally :(

Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale 8 pack #1
- Dice
- legend166
- Doublethink
- Salaadin
- jonnyram
- Davidion
- x3n05
- GuiltybyAssociation

Yeef

Well, hot damn!
- Dice
- legend166
- Doublethink
- Salaadin
- jonnyram Yeef
- Davidion
- x3n05
- GuiltybyAssociation

Instro

Jonnyram said:
Hold on a sec, if the Indie Story bundle is real, I'd better back out of the Recettear 8 pack. I hadn't seen that originally :(

- Dice
- legend166
- Doublethink
- Salaadin
- jonnyram
- Davidion
- x3n05
- GuiltybyAssociation

Oh just noticed that now too, maybe ill wait to sign up for a recettear pack then.

cartman414 said:
What's the story here?
From the other thread, Recettear will be part of:
- Indie Story Pack: And Yet It Moves, Gish, Puzzle Agent, Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale, Jolly Rover

Metal Gear?! said:
What's with all these Recettear and Nyx Quest packs? I don't see them anywhere in the store.
They are rumored to show up later in the week.

Instro

Metal Gear?! said:
What's with all these Recettear and Nyx Quest packs? I don't see them anywhere in the store.

OP contains a list of leaked packs that will be showing up in the coming days, people are forming up for a few of them early is all.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
I would Be very interested in a European recettear or m&b warband Pack. I can only Pay back via online Transaction. (no paypal)

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
toasty_T said:
I'm in for Recettear. Is this a new group?
This is how you do it:

Recettear 8-Pack #2
1. Yeef
2. Niblet
3. Uncle Dukey
4. Totakeke
5. cartman414
6. toasty_T

legend166

Rubixcuba said:
- legend166
- trinest
- ricka238
- snack
- Solarpowered
- Rubixcuba

Adding myself :)

I'm going to buy this now.

If there's two other people who want to get in on it, you'll be able to get it ASAP.

Stage On

Sweet, I've been waiting to get this on sale

Recettear 8-Pack #2
1. Yeef
2. Niblet
3. Uncle Dukey
4. Totakeke
5. cartman414
6. toasty_T
7. Stage On

Yeef

Stage On said:
Sweet, I've been waiting to get this on sale

Recettear 8-Pack #2
1. Yeef
2. Niblet
3. Uncle Dukey
4. Totakeke
5. cartman414
6. toasty_T
7. Stage On
Just so you guys know, I'm in pack #1 now since one of those guys dropped out.

Actually, it probably makes more sense to just have one big list and put a divider after every 8. Like this:

--- Recettear: An Item Shop's Tale 8 pack ---
- Dice
- legend166
- Doublethink
- Salaadin
- Yeef
- Davidion
- x3n05
- GuiltybyAssociation
----
- Niblet
- Uncle Dukey