• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Steam Sales: Frozen Synapse, strategy GOTY 2011 - 50% off

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
Okay, here it goes. Remember that you get 2 copies for the price

IT MIGHT NOT WORK WITH 6900 series AMD cards, many people seem to have issues.
RFXiR.png

Steam Link

People, seriously buy this game. This might be the best new IP this year, and very well the strategy GOTY 2011.

I'll also use this thread to hook some gaffers up since the game is cheaper in dollar prices than in Euros. Please post whether you host a 2-pack or whether you want in on one. I'll update the list throughout the day.

So why should you buy it?

Pylon Trooper said:
Fancy something a little different? Have a hankering to get your Laser Squad Nemesis on? Are you one of those folks who wanted an entire game made from the original Rainbow Six's planning phase? Well, look no further. Independent developer Mode 7 Games are here to save you from the gaming doldrums with Frozen Synapse. A squad-centric tactical turn-based game with a heavy emphasis on asynchronous multiplayer/Play By Email. Take your troops, plot out their moves within five-second timeframes, execute the order and watch as your plan goes up against your opponent.

Think you're a heavyweight in Counterstrike? The bees knees in Call of Duty? Convert those reflexes and instinct into delegating strategic squad actions and see if you're truly the gunslinger you claim to be. Headshot? How about head SPACE!? You'll need more than a popped collar and the reassuring backslap of your bros to see you make it to the next round.

The perfect five-minute coffee-break game or something to mull over like a true tactician. Have one game or multiple on the go. A slew of modes, ranging from deathmatch to hostage, territory control to a barbaric firearm form of making a touchdown. Play against the ruthless AI or take it online and challenge friend and stranger alike. Five unit types with distinct and tactical capabilities. Learn their limits and skills, then combine effectively to spill the blood of your foes, lest they spill yours.

FROZEN SYNAPSE - THE THINKING MAN'S SHOOTER.

It's not only about growing a set, it's about growing a brain as well.

Awesome Youtube vid.

Eurogamer 9/10
IGN 8.5/10
Edge 9/10

Who is still offering a copy?

If anyone wants a copy I'll make a list who can share so that most Gaffers pay the US prices. Of course you can go ahead without me, but I think a neat and tidy list with open spaces isnt too bad.

[/QUOTE]

We go back to the OT after the sale, this thread is for sale copy sharing and advertising purposes.

ASilva

Neo Member
Me

steamid: andrezen

Can paypal or gift any game from the EU (portugal) store. I doubt you'll find anything cheaper here though :)

1-D_FTW

Jenga said:
I WANT IN ON A COPY

STEAMID: Jenga21

SHARE IT WITH THE BEST POSTER ON GAF

Do you want it for free or are you willing to go half? I'll buy a pack if you want to split.

Natty1

I'd like to go halves with someone (preferably from the US as it's cheaper there and I'm in the UK).

SteamID: Impudent Dog

As a side note this video sold me on the game.

Edit: Oh, I missed the video posted in the OP

toythatkills said:
Will this play on fairly rubbish PCs? It doesn't look too intensive from screenshots.

If so, I'll get in on a copy.
I play it on a laptop with 3GB ram, 128MB integrated video card and a 1.9GHz dual core and it runs fine.

Brilliant game.

Jenga

Banned
1-D_FTW said:
Do you want it for free or are you willing to go half? I'll buy a pack if you want to split.
Actually I was saying for free, but then I actually read the OP

I don't know, maybe I can gift games in return?

masterkajo

I don't own a credit card (or paypal) but would love to get this game. If anyone would gift it to me I'd really appreciate it. I still own a copy of HL2:E2 to gift back if anyone wants it. Just PM me for steam id.

Toma

Let me show you through these halls, my friend, where treasures of indie gaming await...
GUYS.

Post whether you're from the US or not please, so that we can get as many as possible hooked up for cheap.

Also Steam ID doesnt hurt.

AND CHECK YOUR PMS

Jenga

Banned
yeah i'm flat broke so go ahead and take me off

but if anyone wants to reward me for being the most level-headed and beloved poster on this board, be my guest

Petrie

Banned
Steam ID: PetriesLastWord. Feel free to hit me up there or via PM and we'll exchange paypal and other infos.

LegoDad

I'm in for 1, PM me, I'm at work right now, and i will paypal over.

Edit: USA! USA! USA! Happy 4th of July!

Toma said:
GUYS.

Post whether you're from the US or not please, so that we can get as many as possible hooked up for cheap.

Also Steam ID doesnt hurt.
I failed on all counts :lol

Not in the US, and "toythatkills"

Palmer_v1

I heartily recommend this game. I've been playing on the texas server and having a blast. Add Tygell in game if you want to play sometime.

JPR

Neo Member
I'd like a copy, in the UK so preferably from the US can paypal the money.

SteamID: jproberts

JADS

Heh, I already bought my copy before checking this topic (Soundtrack is really nice) so I am looking for something of equal value to trade. Steam Id

Edit: I am from the Netherlands/Europe

Godslay

Banned
I got an extra copy as well. I was out of town yesterday so I missed the Torchlight sale. I would be willing to trade for a copy of Torchlight if anyone has it.

Toma

Okay first step done. I updated a lot of the people in here.

I'll now begin to hook up people via PMs

CHECK PMS GUYS.

Toma

So, easiest way, ask the guys in the OT and check back here to tell me that you dont need a copy anymore.

MNC

What's the price of one copy? I saw 11 bucks and I thought WHUT, that's not really cheap! Then I saw it contained 2 copies :3

Toma

MNC said:
What's the price of one copy? I saw 11 bucks and I thought WHUT, that's not really cheap! Then I saw it contained 2 copies :3

Well, half of it, depending who is buying the copies it might be 1 or 2 dollars more expensive.

Top Bottom