• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
It's listed as "Magicka: Wizard Wars Base Game" on my account. Should be fine I guess.

I'm seeing "Magicka: Wizard Wars - Starter Wizard Pack", but the sub you mention still has the game in it.

http://tabitter.net/how-it-sucks-to-be-a-pc-gamer-in-japan/

Basically, If Japanese publishers make PC games it's usually with the west in mind. Apparently their own country is a second-thought and it looks like they're even actively screwing them over.

The whole thing is a head-scratcher.
Their old philosophy is it's better to suffer personally for the good of the whole. So, traditionally, they'd rather pay a high price so they can export and not take losses. Japanese gamers definitely don't like this, as the used games market is alive and well in reaction to this stiff axiom.

I still think Japanese PC gamers need it easier. Project EGG has fair pricing for all of the old J-PC games they offer, even with the service subscription fee laid atop. Sales are rare, even on DMM or Vector, but not at EGG!

The_Monk

Yep, there are quite a few (including myself) eagerly awaiting the game :)
Also, I added you on Steam ;)

I'm gonna try and pick it up on wednesday so I'll be ready for release! So long as our resident traders still have it cheap.

I'll be playing it on Friday and hopefully all weekend. Will post about optimization impressions. I already know the game is great as I had the XBONE version. Hopefully the 60fps unlock works like a charm.

Thanks guys. I'll try to catch up these posts if possible. I have a feeling the game might be a little demanding but I hope it can run well for you all at least. Will keep my eyes on it since I plan to get it later on.

Chariot

I'm watching the replay now. Yawned through the VR stuff.
Right now some guy from Namco just walked onto stage wearing armor.
This must be the manzai act.
Didn't watch it yet, I am just bummed out that I woke up and there is no Last Guardian news. Only... pain.

I want the HD collection on Steam. I'd love to get into the series but not gonna rebuy a PS3 just for it.

I already have the HD Collection of PS3 but I will definitely double dip if they were to announce it for Steam. I won't hold my breath though.

Thanks guys. I'll try to catch up these posts if possible. I have a feeling the game might be a little demanding but I hope it can run well for you all at least. Will keep my eyes on it since I plan to get it later on.
I have my worries as well. But for one of the Capcom Unity twitch streams they were streaming the game at I think max settings using a GTX 670 and basically staying at 60fps. That was at 720p, but I don't think regular play (i.e. not streaming) at 1080p will be much worse off. Dunno.

JaseC

I already have the HD Collection of PS3 but I will definitely double dip if they were to announce it for Steam. I won't hold my breath though.

I'd say a port of the X360 version is decidedly likely. It won't happen until after MGSV, though.

This was to be expected but Resident Evil Revelations 2 is coming to PC too.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FCxYGF8R3EM

MK5KgCF.jpg

I'd say a port of the X360 version is decidedly likely. It won't happen until after MGSV, though.

What are the differences between the two versions? I only even played the PS3 one.

Edit: Or I assume it's just because porting the 360 version is easier?

JaseC

What are the differences between the two versions? I only even played the PS3 one.

Edit: Or I assume it's just because porting the 360 version is easier?

Yeah. The X360's CPU isn't x86, but its GPU uses a bespoke branch of D3D9.

Tizoc

Sounds bad! Not surprised all retail's handheld products now. This also explains why Kogado, of all companies, is a secondary distributor of Kiseki wares. Hell, it might even keep Kogado afloat!

The Japanese PC market is dead for the same reasons Japan is dying: business structure and culture has deemed PC gaming uncouth and disrespectful (just as marriage automatically portrays most women as housewives and thus leads to job discrimination!). Besides, it's easier to waste time on a train playing Puzzles & Dragons instead of fiddling with a PC system. But that doesn't mean Japanese companies should stop making PC games. STEAM's support of games both made and designed by Japanese studios makes it clear there's a market left, and there's no longer much to gain from forcing high domestic prices on the few PC gamers buying at home.

Well the PS Vita Ys: Memories of C. is releasing on PC in China, which was preceeded by Ys Seven. Hopefully XSEED can work out a way to get these games on Steam >_<.

Well at least Revelations 2 won't have weird handheld sub-systems holding it back hopefully.

Still difficult to get excited about an RE game that doesn't use RE6's mechanics/controls.
Eventually I'm going to have to go back to Revelations 1.

Well the PS Vita Ys: Memories of C. is releasing on PC in China, which was preceeded by Ys Seven. Hopefully XSEED can work out a way to get these games on Steam >_<.
Yeah, fixing up the Joyoland ports will have to do for now. They go up to Ao no Kiseki, and will give Sara no end of frustration even after Falcom filters out the bugs, but there's a window for these PC releases to keep coming.

JaseC

They are probably in the process of porting it to ps4/xbox one with visual upgrades like gta5, it will take some time, believe.

I wouldn't be so sure. Dragon's Dogma has been sitting in the 1.3m ballpark since the 31/03/2013 update of Capcom's million-seller list and Dark Arisen isn't mentioned at all. While the PS4 and X1 are essentially closed-platform PCs, you're still looking at months of work and a greater amount of requisite manpower. A PC release makes sense because of the type of game Dogma is, but I don't see Capcom chasing the next-gen console audience when the game almost assuredly flopped on the PS360.

Nice shread BTW

I noticed that we have the new Oculus Rift dev kit in our offices and the boss was asking for Unity experience from a bunch of us, hmm

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Same here. I'd buy the Legacy Collection again, just to have it on my Steam library. Despite not having played MGS4 nor Peace Walker yet (which I should do sometime). And I doubt we'd be the only ones :p

I have it on PS3, but I doubt Konami will release it for PC, too much work.
They need to release a PC build from zero for MGS3 and Peace Walker, so I think they won't do it.

And there's also an achievement for fapping on a poster :D
lol, a month or so ago a couple of friends came home and we started MGS2 HD, after playing through the entirety of MGS1 with one of them in January. One of them said that you could kiss the posters in the ship, so we tried that. When a notification appeared stating that I had earned the "Snake Beater" trophy, we couldn't stop laughing for several minutes straight. To this day, we still joke about that title.

Snake Beater. Can't get any better than that.

Same here. I'd buy the Legacy Collection again, just to have it on my Steam library. Despite not having played MGS4 nor Peace Walker yet (which I should do sometime). And I doubt we'd be the only ones :p

I don't have the collection on PS3 but I do have all of the originals but I still would tripple dip

Knurek

I wouldn't be so sure. Dragon's Dogma has been sitting in the 1.3m ballpark since the 31/03/2013 update of Capcom's million-seller list and Dark Arisen isn't mentioned at all. While the PS4 and X1 are essentially closed-platform PCs, you're still looking at months of work and a greater amount of requisite manpower. A PC release makes sense because of the type of game Dogma is, but I don't see Capcom chasing the next-gen console audience when the game almost assuredly flopped on the PS360.

Counterpoint: Dark Souls and Dark Souls II sales figures on PC.

Grief.exe

I agree with Jase, the only way Capcom would do an HD port of Dragon's Dogma is if they had a sequel planned.
The numbers may just be too low for Capcom to justify either undertaking.

JaseC

All in jest, Jase.

:)

I played MGS4 at launch (well, a little later as I pre-ordered it on Play-Asia, so I had to wait for it to arrive) and at the time I thought the comments about the closing cinematic were just hyperbolic exaggerations, but it did indeed run for about 50 minutes.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I don't have the collection on PS3 but I do have all of the originals but I still would tripple dip
I don't think they are even out on PS4. Except for Ground Zeroes, that is, but not the previous ones.

I do have 1 and 2 on PC (the latter is a really bad port, but playable with a controller), and 3 on 3DS (flawed port, tolerable but not too enjoyable due to uncomfortable controls.)

I played MGS4 at launch (well, a little later as I pre-ordered it on Play-Asia, so I had to wait for it to arrive) and at the time I thought the comments about the closing cinematic were just hyperbolic exaggerations, but it did indeed run for about 50 minutes.
Yeah, I recall my first experience with the PS3 being at a friend's house, when a friend of his brother was playing it and watching a cutscene at the moment. I kid you not, it was a whole hour of video, with an installation in the middle and 30 seconds of walking afterwards (spoiler:
through the heliport of Shadow Moses
), followed by more cutscenes. When they were over and the guy saved the game, my friend asked me if I wanted to try it. My response was begging him to turn it off :p

50 minutes of pure greatness though, so it's all good. That
fight with Ocelot at the end
is still one of my favourite moments of any video game ever. I should really replay MGSIV :(

JaseC

Counterpoint: Dark Souls and Dark Souls II sales figures on PC.

Dark Souls always flies up the Top Sellers list when it's on sale and the sequel has a concurrent player peak of just under 80,000. I imagine both have done quite well.

Knurek

Dark Souls always flies up the Top Sellers list when it's on sale and the sequel has a concurrent player peak of just under 80,000. I imagine both have done quite well.

So would Dragon Dogma PC, I imagine. Especially when you consider DS1 had like, negative advertisement budget.

//EDIT: Sorry, JaseC, misread you. :*

JaseC

So would Dragon Dogma PC, I imagine. Especially when you consider DS1 had like, negative advertisement budget.

That's what I said (in essence).

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
:)

I got mine signed by David Hayter at the midnight launch in Hollywood. Good times.

pahamrick

I did my part, Capcom. Bought Dogma day 1 on 360, then bought Dark Arisen Day 1 on PS3.

I'd buy it again on PC.

Soule

First giveaway in ages, I'm not sure if the key is working but figured I'd chuck it in.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Deadlight -- MB-DA2E7EC224CC398C - Taken by Blue Ninja. 2 entrants total.

t1409570435z1.png

Arthea

In spite of owning MGS HD collection for ages, I haven't finished single game yet, so I'm in the camp of rebuying it on steam if it ever appears here.

I did my part, Capcom. Bought Dogma day 1 on 360, then bought Dark Arisen Day 1 on PS3.

I'd buy it again on PC.
I bought only on PS3, but as it is basically close to unplayable, I would gladly buy it on PC too (edited: if it runs better, of course)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom