• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Is Operation Racoon City any good?
God no.

Edit:
To explain why more clearly, it's story is pretty bad, even by resident evil standards(as in the characters arent memorable at all, and the way its told isn't interesting either) and the graphics and music are just...passable, at best. they actively make the game worse most of the time though(I had a lot of problems with the gamma, could barely see anything a lot of the time, even in areas that had a lot of lightbulbs,etc)

It's a game that relies a LOT on its mechanics to make you like it, and the gunplay is just not there, guns feel weak to fire, enemies dont really react to your gunfire and it's cover based shooting and it's just, ugh.
Not recommended.

Jawmuncher

Is Operation Racoon City any good?

Not at all.
It never goes higher than ok.
Beat the game 3 times on 3 different systems.
Only even worth a shot if you have 3 other friends to play with on easy. Since that helps alleviate a lot of the problems.

Anustart

Man, was looking to add on to my Skyrim experience with some dlc, but after looking, there's no way I'm paying 4x as much for 1 dlc then I paid for the base game. :(

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Footage of the upcoming Grim Fandago remake

Double Fine...
tumblr_mq59j9fCvK1s232i1o1_400.gif

Here's a question. What was the last game to implement Games for Windows Live? RE:ORC was pretty late for it wasn't it? I forget when they stopped using it in games.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Man, was looking to add on to my Skyrim experience with some dlc, but after looking, there's no way I'm paying 4x as much for 1 dlc then I paid for the base game. :(

Buying the DLC from traders when it's half off is your best bet.

strafer

It's not a bad game, but it's not a good game either (and yes, I actually had fun with it)

God no.

Edit:
To explain why more clearly, it's story is pretty bad, even by resident evil standards(as in the characters arent memorable at all, and the way its told isn't interesting either) and the graphics and music are just...passable, at best. they actively make the game worse most of the time though(I had a lot of problems with the gamma, could barely see anything a lot of the time, even in areas that had a lot of lightbulbs,etc)

It's a game that relies a LOT on its mechanics to make you like it, and the gunplay is just not there, guns feel weak to fire, enemies dont really react to your gunfire and it's cover based shooting and it's just, ugh.
Not recommended.

Not at all.
It never goes higher than ok.
Beat the game 3 times on 3 different systems.
Only even worth a shot if you have 3 other friends to play with on easy. Since that helps alleviate a lot of the problems.

In addition to be universally disliked, it also uses GFWL.

Thanks! =)

JaseC

Yeah don't know why they called it a remaster when it looks like it'll be nothing more than a rerelease. Better than nothing but still disappointing.

That's just the original release running on the PS4. The 4:3 ratio is being retained, though.

Jawmuncher

I don't think thats actually the remastered version, but just a port of the original before working on remastering it.

I know they said already they're keeping the 4:3 aspect ratio so I'm not expecting much at this point.

Here's a question. What was the last game to implement Games for Windows Live? RE:ORC was pretty late for it wasn't it? I forget when they stopped using it in games.

It's some ferrari game looking at the wiki page.

i was going to buy raccoon city wayy back cause I found a copy for like $8(brand new too) but then I started to ask myself, 'why do they have this brand new for only $8?' i figured it was garbage and didn't buy it. When i got home I looked it up on youtube and it looked and played like straight up doodoo :x dodged a bullet there. If I recall correctly I got me wendeys with the money instead. :)
That's just the original release running on the PS4. The 4:3 ratio is being retained, though.

new avatar, nice :)

MadGear

Isn't that just them showing the original running on a PS4? Not the remake.

This and tbh i totally expected them to approach this similar to how Monkey Island got its face lift: Use the original game as a base and then add stuff (new renderer, controls, ...) as required. I wouldn't be surprised if they would let us switch to the old look of the game on the fly as well.

I never expected them to rebuild this game from the ground nor do i think they need to.

JaseC

I never expected them to rebuild this game from the ground nor do i think they need to.

It's surprising how many GAFers were caught off-guard by the fact it's a remaster. The game was announced as a remaster and the thread people have been bumping with news tidbits since E3 explicitly states "Grim Fandango remastered" in the title.

I hate how Telltale is making a fuckton of money and they don't even bother doing multilanguage subtitules for TWD games, I understand perfectly english so it doesn't bothers me, but I wish some of my familiars could play them.

Jawmuncher

I hate how Telltale is making a fuckton of money and they don't even bother doing multilanguage subtitules for TWD games, I understand perfectly english so it doesn't bothers me, but I wish some of my familiars could play them.

They're trying to make the most money with the least amount of money put in. Is a shame they don't try harder. But at the moment seems they are still a smaller studio biting off more than they can Chew.

Momentary

Banned
Speaking of MangaGamer, is there any news on the release date of Chou Dengeki Stryker on Steam. This will be my first VN. They say there's over 30 hours of story in this.

cho1.jpg

They're trying to make the most money with the least amount of money put in. Is a shame they don't try harder. But at the moment seems they are still a smaller studio biting off more than they can Chew.

That's a lame excuse, there's a ton of indie studios that do at least 3 or 4 languages, and I'm sure they have much less money.

We are talking just subtitles, not voice acting, Telltale are just greedy bastards.

JaseC

Telltale hit 180 people back in January and has had 70+ employees since 2008. There's absolutely no excuse for its abysmal post-release support.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom