• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Divius

I'm trying to get into a new singleplayer game but the stuff I tried so far hasn't really hit the spot. Dark Souls might have ruined gaming for me.

Knurek

Telltale hit 180 people back in January and has had 70+ employees since 2008. There's absolutely no excuse for its abysmal post-release support.

They are too busy doing this:
scrooge-mcduck-swimming-in-money.jpg

Exactly. I have a friend that didn't buy Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead S.2 because TT didn't bother to add italian subs.

Please add this to your directory:
g1SmgyC.jpg

Telltale hit 180 people back in January and has had 70+ employees since 2008. There's absolutely no excuse for its abysmal post-release support.

I'll say. After the nonsense I had to pull to get Season 1 to acknowledge my progress from game to game, with no word from Telltale about it, I'm really skeptical about buying more of their products. And it's sad because I actually enjoyed season 1.

Jawmuncher

That's a lame excuse, there's a ton of indie studios that do at least 3 or 4 languages, and I'm sure they have much less money.

We are talking just subtitles, not voice acting, Telltale are just greedy bastards.

I wasn't defending them just saying what their take on it more than likely is. Subtitle still cost money but it does seem odd that TT don't try and do that. Since it could push towards more money. Then again considering how lazy they are with the PC ports and big fixing the entire way they have their company structured is a issue.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
Please add this to your directory:
g1SmgyC.jpg

I'll say. After the nonsense I had to pull to get Season 1 to acknowledge my progress from game to game, with no word from Telltale about it, I'm really skeptical about buying more of their products. And it's sad because I actually enjoyed season 1.
Lol. I thought about making that joke too. I'm hungry.

I should play season 1.

Hugstable

Banned
I'm trying to get into a new singleplayer game but the stuff I tried so far hasn't really hit the spot. Dark Souls might have ruined gaming for me.

lol seriously. The game is just to epic and well put together, it's really hard to want to move onto anything else after it's brilliance. Have you play Metal Gear Rising yet? Or how about Dishonored. Both are pretty damn good games.

Deitus

The fact is that Telltale is more interested in their next project than making sure their previous project that they already made money on actually works and is playable by more people. Basically, if they already have your money, they don't give a shit about you, or whether their game is absolutely broken for you. Maybe that means they bit off more than they can chew by signing up to do games for multiple IPs simultaneously, but that was their choice.

And my choice as a consumer is to refuse to buy any more of their games until they learn to support their existing products.

I still have yet to properly play the Walking Dead as Telltale don't do key remapping. I don't use WASD so anytime I try to play Walking Dead I just get frustrated with the layout and give up.

It's annoying as I have finished their earlier games like Sam and Max, Monkey Island, and Wallace and Gromit. I remember preordering Sam and Max season 1 from their store.

milena87

Exactly. I have a friend that didn't buy Wolf Among Us and Walking Dead S.2 because TT didn't bother to add italian subs.

Yep, my brother is in the same boat. He loved TWD S1 and he bought both S2 and TWAU when they were on sale on the Xbox, but he's still waiting to play them.

I understand waiting a bit to get the various subtitles, but now both seasons have ended and still nothing.

Pinball fx-

really having a good time with this game. hit 55m score on infinity gauntlet and bought a few more boards. what I'm lacking are friends to compare scores with, so if you're into this game, add me to your friends list please:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Randomhighway

fun game. makes me feel silly buying a few other games recently when this will satisfy what I need for now I think-short burst games with just gameplay.

upside down infinity board is wacky. I've gotten into a few different in-board mini games that I have no clue what is going on or to do.

Lomax

I can't imagine ever buying a Telltale release full price. The biggest issue always seems to be if your choices save, and waiting until all the episodes are released so you can go immediately into the next one is the best way to avoid that. They also end up with huge discounts long by the time they are fully released. And like everyone has said, they've had some of the same bugs and performance issues for many games now that never get fixed. I enjoy the games and the writing, but at $6-$10 it's a ton more tolerable than it would be at $25.

Pinball fx-

really having a good time with this game. hit 55m score on infinity gauntlet and bought a few more boards. what I'm lacking are friends to compare scores with, so if you're into this game, add me to your friends list please:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Randomhighway

fun game. makes me feel silly buying a few other games recently when this will satisfy what I need for now I think-short burst games with just gameplay.

upside down infinity board is wacky. I've gotten into a few different in-board mini games that I have no clue what is going on or to do.

I bought a ton of games this summer from my wishlist looking forward to playing them once I got back home, now here we have a Pinball FX sale and I buy a half dozen more tables and end up spending more time there than anywhere else. I also have been buying the newest tables on my tablet with amazon coins, it really shines in that format as well.

Copons

For TWD2. If your save doesn't carry over does it just stick you with a default?

I'm hooking here just because I've started it yesterday and, in case someone is super anal/OCD like me about carrying season 1 saves over to season 2, DO NOT PANIC if you can't find how to do it, because eventually it's the game itself who'll ask it to you, and then it searches for previous saves.
Then, if you are sure you have them and it doesn't find them, only then you should panic. :D

milena87

We in Italy we have a different situation. For Season 1 there was a fanmade translation, then after one years or so TT added their subs to the game (I don't know when exact, because I've played both S.1 and S.2 in english).
Dunno about S2 and Wolf Among Us, but for sure they did a fanmade translation for TOMI too.

Italian here as well :)

So Telltale actually implemented the fanmade translation for S1? I didn't know that. I thought that they actually hired someone to translate them.
So I guess they'll do the same for S2 and TWAU then. Probably a few more months to wait.

Jawmuncher

I'm hooking here just because I've started it yesterday and, in case someone is super anal/OCD like me about carrying season 1 saves over to season 2, DO NOT PANIC if you can't find how to do it, because eventually it's the game itself who'll ask it to you, and then it searches for previous saves.
Then, if you are sure you have them and it doesn't find them, only then you should panic. :D

I played TWD1 on vita and 360.
So I won't have saves on PC.

Deitus

Persona 5 teaser. At the end, I could swear the MC spins around because he hears someone say "pls gimme keys".

Thanks for the heads up, I didn't know there was a trailer out (more of a teaser really).

Is that supposed to be in Shibuya/Tokyo?

Tabletop Simulator Game Night - Munchkin Brawl!

Just got into this boardgame Munchkin recently and I gotta say I do enjoy it a whole bit.
Random games kinda sucks though, so anyone up for a game sometime later today?
We need 3-6 players and I have a bunch of sets (Base/Super/Star/Cthulhu/Bites/Zombie/Apocalypse) we can play.
Quote this post, PM or message me on Steam if you want in.

If you're not familiar with the game, but want in anyway, you can try this little handy demo and you can read the rules here.
We'll help you along the way too, it's pretty straightforward.

1. DunderHassan
2. Zeknurn
3. Zeknurn (friend)
4. Luchador

Myshkin

btw =)

ModBot said:
Instructions for Myshkin:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 4 Steam keys and 2 other items. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Myshkin, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

ulgzbKC.png
Laxius Force (Desura) -- MB-E347DF5ABF9171DA - Taken by WinterDemons
Inescapable -- MB-FBD6E7AE929299DD - Taken by celsowmbr. 1 entrants total.
ulgzbKC.png
Millenium - A New Hope (Desura) -- MB-2D5CDE76676F5618 - Taken by Stronginthearm
Rage Runner -- MB-56F95F31FB2E0A68 - Taken by swx. 1 entrants total.
Cubetractor -- MB-94FA7B572DF78718 - Taken by Patison. 1 entrants total.
Hoard Complete Pack -- MB-DB9A1923E9D87AC5 - Taken by jfredsilva. 1 entrants total.

t1409585976z1.png

Momentary

Banned
After trying to dwindle down my backlog I played a little bit of MK9 and Injustice and man the animations for the characters are so horrible. I decided to look at MKX and wow! They've must have hired some new animators, because thing look like they flow well together. Some things still look wonky, but it's a HUMONGOUS improvement from every Mortal Kombat ever. I might try to get game... but screw having a button for block.

It's pretty cool that Lucas Art had all those original assets for Grim Fandango. After hearing about the nightmares of digital archiving for TV effects work, I was kind of afraid that this might turn out to be a "we gotta remake everything visual from scratch" type remake. It's also nice to see that they made the source cutscenes in higher res than the game shipped in, kinda like how Star Trek shows were filmed at way higher res than was available on TV at the time.

Pupo

This skin was designed by my brother for a contest for Awesomenauts, so he gave some keys for steamGAF, because you all are awesome.

He doesn't have an account, that's why I will give you the keys. (?)

ModBot said:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (pupo, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Awesomenauts Leon Legionnaire Skin -- MB-1FCEA0CEC72A6171 - Taken by Shantom. 2 entrants total.
Awesomenauts Leon Legionnaire Skin #2 -- MB-834DC820BDE47CD6 - Taken by salazar547. 2 entrants total.

t1409586516z1.png

Hey guys, need some clarification.

I bought R2TW off Amazon for a friend who was on holiday the other day, and now we're trying to find ways for him to send me the money.

Is it still possible on my end to create a listing of an item in the Steam market with a specific price, to which he can navigate to, know that it's mine, and simply buy it?

I mean, I have already created the listing, but there's no way for me to see the long line of items already listed and to find my own. Just the "buy" and "sell" buttons.

There must be a way around it.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
A reminder that this ends in a few hours, plAyed it at PAX and very much enjoyed it:

I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dusk Golem, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
The Evil Within (Not available in Eastern Europe, South America, Russia, some Asian countries) -- MB-7B5A47BE6241A2AF - Taken by r3n4ud. 163 entrants total.

t1409603793z1.png

Jawmuncher

This skin was designed by my brother for a contest for Awesomenauts, so he gave some keys for steamGAF, because you all are awesome.

He doesn't have an account, that's why I will give you the keys. (?)

Now that's really cool.

---------

I think ill buy evil within before the raffle ends. That should up my chances of winning.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
How many projects were they working on when they wrapped up TWD1?

Just Poker Night 2, although The Wolf Among Us may have entered pre-production.

Hey guys, need some clarification.

I bought R2TW off Amazon for a friend who was on holiday the other day, and now we're trying to find ways for him to send me the money.

Is it still possible on my end to create a listing of an item in the Steam market with a specific price, to which he can navigate to, know that it's mine, and simply buy it?

I mean, I have already created the listing, but there's no way for me to see the long line of items already listed and to find my own. Just the "buy" and "sell" buttons.

There must be a way around it.

If he doesn't have an item to sell that isn't classed as a commodity then you're out of luck. Steam Wallet trading is coming, but I assume not until after Valve has finished expanding local currency support.

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
no need to tell me but imo in david cage's games this shit always comes off just like a weird morbid creepiness, not necessarily like it's got too much sympathy for the plight of girls everywhere

that's how i've absorbed all his games at least

Yep. Especially if you choose the paths that seem like bad ideas in general on a second or third playthrough just to see how creepy things can get, like (Heavy Rain spoilers)
taking a drink from a creepy doctor and ending up drugged, tied down on an operating table, and about to be brutally murdered with a drill for reasons

guess this stuff is pretty personal, i was playing it with two other people and we all kinda had a laugh at it because of how excessive it felt. a bit like the wtf why are you trying to drill my vagina thing in heavy rain, just like you can imply abuse without like throwing me on the pool table, have some subtlety or something

Well, at least I'm not the only one that uses that example :p

Well, guys. Hype got the better of me and here I am at 10:30AM not having slept at all, just to watch the Sony pre-TGS livestream. I found it very entertaining tbh.
This game got me the most though; it's called Summer School
untitled-5hjq7c.gif

ihJ3obYIfE3zG.gif

i8PqPEDpkM7aI.gif

Beautiful display of what VR-future can look like :p
With VR being a new tech and - I assume - every customer counting therefore for the pubs, what do you think are the chances of Japanese VR games like above hitting Steam(and the West)? I think with VR userbase being small, they should go at every market possible. One can hope, right?

Well, I gotta sleep now. I am already dizzy of sleep deprivation, hah.
Good night/morning/sleep Gaf!

Goodbye, real world.

This is so embarassing. Show off some cool games for a new tech like VR that appeal to the mainstream but not some weeaboo waifu stuff. VR will be considered "nerd" stuff for the first months/years anyway and this really doesn't help...

Well, at least it's not a straight up H game like some of the ones on the OR are.

Same here. I'd buy the Legacy Collection again, just to have it on my Steam library. Despite not having played MGS4 nor Peace Walker yet (which I should do sometime). And I doubt we'd be the only ones :p

Would buy day one so hard.

I think we should upvote this

just because

and this

because steamgaf adores cooking. This one isn't fully funded yet, though.

Sure, I'll upvote both.
:3

The moment you were all waiting for arrived earlier: Firefighter Simulator 2014* is now on the Mac.

* Not the game's actual name, but it should be.

I remember this game. It looked pretty great

Complete global saturation.

Really? Nobody?
Don't you people read? =p

No.

Persona 5 teaser. At the end, I could swear the MC spins around because he hears someone say "pls gimme keys".

Atlus to give away Steam keys for P5 confirmed?

Main character design looks pretty great actually. Slightly hyped for the game already.

Not any more, except for TF2 items I think.
Those still use the old system.
The Buy/Sell thing was implemented partially to stop these things from happening, after all.

If he doesn't have an item to sell that isn't classed as a commodity then you're out of luck. Steam Wallet trading is coming, but I assume not until after Valve has finished expanding local currency support.

Thanks for the information.

Aaron D.

8V9J9Gk.jpg

Look what I randomly came across yesterday while taking a day trip up to the PA boarder. For a big Farming Simulator nerd like me, it was an exciting find!

I've never seen one of these things up close in real life, let alone the flagship manufacturer rolling out with FS15. It seems the New Holland brand is a big get for Giants this cycle so the line is being showcased in the initial wave of media, along with the other big acquisition, Ponsse forestry vehicles.

4EupDCf.jpg

S1n1st3r

Banned
8V9J9Gk.jpg

Look what I randomly came across yesterday while taking a day trip up to the PA boarder. For a big Farming Simulator nerd like me, it was an exciting find!

I've never seen one of these things up close in real life, let alone the flagship manufacturer rolling out with FS15. It seems the New Holland brand is a big get for Giants this cycle so the line is being showcased in the initial wave of media, along with the other big acquisition, Ponsse forestry vehicles.

4EupDCf.jpg

I've only known Massey Ferguson and John Deer.

Never heard of this New Holland.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom