• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Soule

When I get my PC back and it's working I'm gonna finish off my Pro run on RE4, I waited to beat it on normal before sending my PC back to the techs. Just playing that alone was enough to hype me for the Evil Within, seen little of it but what I've seen is boner inducing. SO keen.

Turfster

The Sun at Night is 47% off at Indie Game Stand.
Steam key "if it gets greenlit", but since it was already greenlit, it's probably just a question of time.

Thorgal

A challege to Steam gaf :

Find me the cheapest game on Steam that you can find and is also an all round must have Title .

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The Sun at Night is 47% off at Indie Game Stand.
Steam key "if it gets greenlit", but since it was already greenlit, it's probably just a question of time.

It released a month ago and is 47% off on Steam, too.

GaussTek

Just found out that there's a new Ys coming in 2015... but only for PS Vita and PS4 :( WHYYY FALCOM, you used to be so cool with PC!

Anyway, considering it's coming to PS4 too (and how well the YS games and TitS are doing on Steam), hope they announce a PC release soon.

(nice port begging btw) lol

legacyzero

Banned
The only part you need to paste into your claim PM is the MB code.

So I dont have to paste the whole sentence? Like:

"The Evil Within (Not available in Eastern Europe, South America, Russia, some Asian countries) -- MB-7B5A47BE6241A2AF - Taken by r3n4ud. 163 entrants total."

I can just paste the: MB-7B5A47BE6241A2AF - Taken by r3n4ud. 163 entrants total.

?

JaseC

So I dont have to paste the whole sentence? Like:

"The Evil Within (Not available in Eastern Europe, South America, Russia, some Asian countries) -- MB-7B5A47BE6241A2AF - Taken by r3n4ud. 163 entrants total."

I can just paste the: MB-7B5A47BE6241A2AF - Taken by r3n4ud. 163 entrants total.

?

Precisely.

Jawmuncher

Shame it isn't on Steam but hot damn is Crysis 3 gorgeous. Keeeeeriiiiist.

Game ran really well on my 660 too at high with only the particle effects needing to be turned down.

What is up with particle effects just killing my performance anyway. Honestly think that's why Wolfenstein. Never ran as well as it could have.

bronson

This skin was designed by my brother for a contest for Awesomenauts, so he gave some keys for steamGAF, because you all are awesome.

He doesn't have an account, that's why I will give you the keys. (?)
That's pretty rad! Awesomenauts is by far my most-played Steam game. I sat most of the last thread out so I was dunked out of the giveaway by the no-lurkers rule, but this gives me a reason to post more.

Jawmuncher

Well, but basically:
even in Beyond there are all fake choices. The worst can happen, you skip a small segment of gameplay, but nothing really change. That scene, the Homeless chapter, in which you can let die your friends (and this is VERY hard to achieve, because you are almost forced to save them, if you want them die, you NEED to act "against" the game) In HR otherway you can let all characters die, and still you would be able to complete the game.

Well In this style of game you still want the player to get a ending regardless of what happens. Games like this can never branch out as far as we want but the illusion needs to be there. TWD once you beat the game once you sorta realize exactly what it's doing thus that formula for all TT games is pretty apparent.

Hugstable

Banned
A challege to Steam gaf :

Find me the cheapest game on Steam that you can find and is also an all round must have Title .

Bad Rats 99 Cents!

Serious Answer: You've been recommended VVVVVV. It's just an awesome little game and very much worth it. Takes about a good 2 hours or so to get through everything, but usually a bit longer in your first run since the game gets challenging near the end. The mechanics flow so smoothly, the music is beautiful, and the thrills are amazing. You will die, but you will enjoy every minute of it in VVVVVV

madjoki

He knows that, which is why he said "just Steamworks". ;)

Yeah, but I don't see why they would implement multiple services.
Rockstar has Social Club, but I don't think there's others that do like that and have Steam Achievements. (Not counting MMOs)

(Shame that Rockstar doesn't seem to be going to ditch Social Club from PC version of GTA V.)

Teeth

Game ran really well on my 660 too at high with only the particle effects needing to be turned down.

What is up with particle effects just killing my performance anyway. Honestly think that's why Wolfenstein. Never ran as well as it could have.

Multiple layered alpha (transparency ) effects are murder on graphics cards. It's usually why console games use low resolution alpha maps for explosions, they tank frame rates when the engine has to render multiples on top of each other (multiple look up and render passes).

JaseC

Yeah, but I don't see why they would implement multiple services.
Rockstar has Social Club, but I don't think there's others that do like that and have Steam Achievements. (Not counting MMOs)

Rocksmith 2014 and Ubi's F2P Might & Magic game have Steam achievements, and Black Flag was going to get them before someone changed their mind.

Jawmuncher

Multiple layered alpha (transparency ) effects are murder on graphics cards. It's usually why console games use low resolution alpha maps for explosions, they tank frame rates when the engine has to render multiples on top of each other (multiple look up and render passes).

Well that answers that.
Glad I finally know the reason why.

Also during episode 1 I really trusted that
Clementine can lose her arm. Nope

I mean TWD Season 1 and 2 is great. But only for one playtrough.

Season 2 has dump writting sometimes. TWD Season 2 Ending Spoiler
Jane goes apeshit to prove a point? Yeah is okay... makes no sense but is okay.

And the choices are worth dogshit. Besides that... Feels everywhere.

The other characters suck at QTEs.

Press X to win. -> Some guy who dies : Oh shit i pressed the fart button.

Tame

Pinball fx-

really having a good time with this game. hit 55m score on infinity gauntlet and bought a few more boards. what I'm lacking are friends to compare scores with, so if you're into this game, add me to your friends list please:

http://steamcommunity.com/id/Randomhighway

fun game. makes me feel silly buying a few other games recently when this will satisfy what I need for now I think-short burst games with just gameplay.

upside down infinity board is wacky. I've gotten into a few different in-board mini games that I have no clue what is going on or to do.

55M!!!!! KenOD you have a new challenger

JaseC

Also during episode 1 I really trusted that
Clementine can lose her arm. Nope

Someone should make a Telltale Cycle image. ;)

Telltale announces new game -> "Maybe our choices will matter this time!" -> Choices don't matter and this is a common complaint -> Return to #1.

does anyone know if the evil within will have a demo or something? I read some people playing a demo but I dont know if its gonna come out to the masses

Teeth

Well that answers that.
Glad I finally know the reason why.

There's a variety of other things that can do it too (CPU cycles processing multiple physics bodies, the effect that is used to make particles with alpha maps fade into ground geometry instead of clip into it is calculation intensive too), but the main thing is big alpha maps on top of big alpha maps times X layers. It's why frame rate takes the biggest hit when a building explodes and the dust particles cover the screen. Or in Dark Souls when you stand close to fog gate and the fog takes up a good chunk of the screen; all those alpha effects have to do multiple layered look ups for lots of pixels on your screen.

At least that's how our old programmer explained it to me.

JaseC

does anyone know if the evil within will have a demo or something? I read some people playing a demo but I dont know if its gonna come out to the masses

Don't count on it. Demos of games from larger publishers are a rarity these days.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom