• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

AHA-Lambda

What is this Hexells and why should I care/is everyone getting so excited about it?

Don't count on it. Demos of games from larger publishers are a rarity these days.

Yep, don't understand it for IP that isn't established yet. Always said SE should have released the expo demo they had for Murdered, sold me on it and got it at launch!
was still cheap

Lomax

Well, I'm down to 1 cent in my Steam wallet for the first time since before trading cards were released, it's finally time to play some games
idle more cards.

Well, but basically:
even in Beyond there are all fake choices. The worst can happen, you skip a small segment of gameplay, but nothing really change. That scene, the Homeless chapter, in which you can let die your friends (and this is VERY hard to achieve, because you are almost forced to save them, if you want them die, you NEED to act "against" the game) In HR otherway you can let all characters die, and still you would be able to complete the game.

Beyond's choices have much more subtle effects throughout, especially given they can't kill off Jodie halfway through the game. For example, if you confide in
the older boy at the house party (who turns out to be pulling a mean prank with his friends)
later on in the game(ie, 6 or 7 hours later) you won't be able to
sleep with Ryan because you're still afraid of intimacy.

And you aren't acting against the game to let them die, it's pretty hard to die in Heavy Rain as well. Sure you can, but you have to purposely fail the QTEs to come even close.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
^Can you please spoiler mark the above, I haven't played Beyond yet.

The Evil Within won't have a demo, but I think it should. Is what sold me completely on the game here.

Copons

Holy shit.

I had this awesome CS:GO game on a never played before map, and I ended up best player, leading my team in an extremely tight match, and it has been like 20 minutes or so, and I'm still rocking a powerful adrenaline rush, it's kinda making me want to start smoking again lol

Umh, not really:

For example I accidentaly killed Madison during my first play of HR because I jumped out the window, I was thinking that she only got hurted but no, she died XD

It's pretty obvious that jumping out the window of a 7 or 8 story building will kill you, lol.

I have no idea but i like the friday releases better than the usual tuesday. Nintendo's been doing it so i hope it catches on!
You can always wait until Friday so we don't have to suffer :p

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
Beyond's choices
have much more subtle effects throughout, especially given they can't kill off Jodie halfway through the game. For example, if you confide in the older boy at the house party (who turns out to be pulling a mean prank with his friends) later on in the game(ie, 6 or 7 hours later) you won't be able to sleep with Ryan because you're still afraid of intimacy.

That's actually not what causes that event.
What causes it is if you sneak out as Jodie and go to the biker bar and get sexually harassed.
There are a number of subtle things like that.

Sorry for not using spoiler tags at all, corrected it on the last page.

That's actually not what causes that event.
What causes it is if you sneak out as Jodie and go to the biker bar and get sexually harassed.
There are a number of subtle things like that.
Ah, my main playthrough had me making numerous terrible decisions.

Yeah they aren't worth the effort anymore.
I got seven dollars from the Metro Redux games so far. Was going to put it towards the Evil Within when it went up but didn't they make it so that you can't use credit with coupons now?

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member
Umh, not really:

For example I accidentaly killed Madison during my first play of HR because I jumped out the window, I was thinking that she only got hurted but no, she died XD

I watched that Indiana Jones movie so I knew what to do :p

Only fridges can protect you from explosions, it's a scientifically proven fact.

Enco

I nearly had a heart attack in Metro LL.

The spiders in the tunnel where you have to get a door open are terrible. Hearing them scuttle towards me from every direction is real nerve-wracking.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
I nearly had a heart attack in Metro LL.

The spiders in the tunnel where you have to get a door open are terrible. Hearing them scuttle towards me from every direction is real nerve-wracking.

Just wait til you play the Spider Nest DLC

Turfster

Daily Turbo Dismount 60% off
Humble Daily ... someone forgot to flip a switch?
Weeklong deals are updated. Hexcells 66% off (lol)

Super excited for 'dat Red Faction steamworks. It's an amazing enough game I used GFWL for it. So now without that, and on a computer than can hold a framerate compared to when I played it with a laptop, it's gonna be the best.

Reposting for new page:

Tabletop Simulator Game Night - Munchkin Brawl!

Just got into this boardgame Munchkin recently and I gotta say I do enjoy it a whole bit.
Random games kinda sucks though, so anyone up for a game sometime later today?
We need 3-6 players and I have a bunch of sets (Base/Super/Star/Cthulhu/Bites/Zombie/Apocalypse) we can play.
Quote this post, PM or message me on Steam if you want in.

If you're not familiar with the game, but want in anyway, you can try this little handy demo and you can read the rules here.
We'll help you along the way too, it's pretty straightforward.

1. DunderHassan
2. Zeknurn
3. Zeknurn (friend)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The new Wolfenstein is probably up there. 40-50GB IIRC.

Yeah, the pre-load was 40.7GB.

Titanfall's 50GB seems tough to beat.

Origin fudges the numbers by reporting the installation size as the download size. It's why a ton of people were befuddled by Origin reporting a download speed faster than what their connection is actually capable of.

Arthea

I think Uncharted 3 was 40-50 GB, imagine downloading that from PSN (><)

Also in current weekly sale 100% Orange Juice - 4 Pack is discounted -33% only, but still.

dream

Origin fudges the numbers by reporting the installation size as the download size. It's why a ton of people were befuddled by Origin reporting a download speed faster than what their connection is actually capable of.

I never knew that. That strikes me as being, well, incredibly stupid.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom