• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aku:jiki

Check out this badass Dark Souls shirt!

KpyKGtY.png

Available today (and I think tomorrow) only, here. So metal, much death. \m/

aku:jiki

Those shirts look way too similar to the Three Wolf Moon shirts to be wearable in public. Might as well wear a Dragonball Z Hawaiian T-shirt.
Nah, they look like death metal shirts.

Which may or may not be as embarassing depending on where you live. I'm in Scandinavia and all we care about is meatballs, snow and metal so it's fine for me.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
Nah, they look like death metal shirts.

Which may or may not be as embarassing depending on where you live. I'm in Scandinavia and all we care about is meatballs, snow and metal so it's fine for me.

\m/ ^-_-^ \m/

agniswarm

Banned
The gameplay is good and interesting but I had a lot of glitches in the game and needed to do over and over again as the cut scenes didnt start when they were supposed to...in the end got tired and gave the game away to a friend...and he didnt face much problem..
so I guessed it doesnt occur to all

What's the general consensus on Remember Me?

At that price it's tempting, and the screenshots look amazing: is gameplay any good?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I read a while ago that Dead Rising 3 was going to be made available in Germany. What happened to that?

Not quite. What happened is that Capcom added a flag to the sub that would have prevented German users from running the game, however common sense later prevailed and it was removed. Availability on Steam DE was never part of the situation.

I had three games left over from my last giveaway, so I'm coupling it with spares from yesterday's HB - enjoy:

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (crazyrabbits, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Space Hack -- MB-9C4324C974799E6C - Taken by factorone
t1cxE6r.gif
Patrician IV -- MB-F9BCB72BE104FEE6 - Taken by arts&crafts. 5 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Disciples III Gold Edition -- MB-FCAAAE79C019B0D2 - Taken by Jadax. 3 entrants total.
Space Trader Merchant Marine -- MB-2AC3596D7C502667 - Taken by cardinalmind
Avencast Rise of the Mage -- MB-86BA496AA1EDD620 - Taken by D3RANG3D

t1410522364z1.png

Just noticed Castle of Illusion is 3.74 on GMG and I've still got credit to burn.. is it worth it? I have vague memories of the Genesis/MD game being fun nvm, bought it :)

Castle of Illusion is a great pickup for that price. It is very short and sweet, but at least it is sweet.

Porcupine

I read a while ago that Dead Rising 3 was going to be made available in Germany. What happened to that?

You can activate a foreign copy, but the games will not be available in Germany. It is even illegal to sell Dead Rising 1 or 2 in Germany, so there isn't a high chance that those games will ever be available to buy.

EDIT: Looks like Dead Rising 3 will be illegal to sell or to show other people soon:
http://www.schnittberichte.com/news.php?ID=6515

zkylon

zkylewd
Check out this badass Dark Souls shirt!

KpyKGtY.png

Available today (and I think tomorrow) only, here. So metal, much death. \m/

not the best dark souls shirt they've made but really cool one for sure, i was so tempted to buy this when i got the email

lucky me argieland imports steal all your shit so i don't even bother getting too excited

also i just realized i made my avatar with the f.lux thing on and looking at it with flux off looks so weird! why is it so purple :I

Miguel81

Speaking about the MGS Collection. If it does end up coming to Steam, I hope it comes with the original PC version of MGS Integral. All it would need are the post-processing effects and Xinput support for MS pads. The PSone version was extremely "shaky" in comparison. I loved the some movement and textures of the Windows version.

Dr Dogg

Amongst all this Capcom goodness the last week what with DR3 and this sale I'm still wondering when on earth Ace Attorney Trilogy is releasing. Yeah I know it's a 3DS game, sue me!

Dramatic twist in Prison Architect Saga: One of the inmates, Hawkins, has two fathers.

Dun dun duuuuuuuuuuuuuun.

They don't happen to be Greg Evigan and Paul Reiser do they?

God damn I'm glad I backed Wasteland 2 at the price I did =/
(sorry if old)

http://steamcommunity.com/games/240760/announcements/detail/242388434615754124

What's a bit silly is that it was available when first on Early access for £29.99 but slowly increased to £34.99 and then finally £39.99 before coming down to a £34.99 launch price. So much for being cheaper on launch then. The physical Ranger Edition can be had for sub £30 if you know where to look but I don't think it comes with a Steam key, still waiting to hear back from the retailers I pestered about it.

So here's a message that was left on the Idle Master Steam group:

Sometimes I really feel for those fine Valve support folks.

They should have bought Bad Rats on sale. Straight up profit from those card drops.

If I hadn't just played Fable a couple years ago I would probably pick up the remaster.

To be frank, that is a game you want to play only once per decade.

I'm going to get it eventually just not at the moment when I should be finishing games not buying more. That and I'm a cheap bastard and I'm waiting for a price I like the look of.

You can activate a foreign copy, but the games will not be available in Germany. It is even illegal to sell Dead Rising 1 or 2 in Germany, so there isn't a high chance that those games will ever be available to buy.

EDIT: Looks like Dead Rising 3 will be illegal to sell or to show other people soon:
http://www.schnittberichte.com/news.php?ID=6515

Ugh. That means I'd have to buy the game from a different shop or someone else would need to buy the game on Steam for me, right? I don't trust traders.

derExperte

Courtesy of a console warrior in the PC thread.

Yesterday I also learned it's easier to change the brakes of my car than to build a custom PC. If only someone told me earlier, I could've saved a bunch of dosh. I would also probably be dead by now.

Regarding games, let me tell you how good Bulletstorm is. Very good. Only thing holding it back is the two weapon + standard gun limit which is asinine as it's all about killing fools in the most imaginative way. Someone should make a Dark Messiah of Might & Magic 2 with that points system.

Amongst all this Capcom goodness the last week what with DR3 and this sale I'm still wondering when on earth Ace Attorney Trilogy is releasing. Yeah I know it's a 3DS game, sue me!

It's scheduled for some time this year and I'm waiting for it too. Picked up AA5 in the eshop sale a week ago and I can't make myself play it until I've gone through the other 4.

JaseC

Yeah, every few days I check the Coming Soon list again to see if any priced items now have pre-purchase incentives. Sometimes they don't show up until later, and occasionally, as is the case here, a game that's around the corner just appears out of nowhere.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything
I still have a SNES so technically I'm multiplattform so that post doesn't concern me at all. You other people should listen to this voice of reason though.

Ozium

Should I get Prison Architect? I don't think I have most of the bundle games and it'd be neat to try something until Smash releases.

I would say that if you are interested in Prison Architect that the bundle is your best value as the rest of the games are legit good (give or take your feelings about certain genres of course)

They don't happen to be Greg Evigan and Paul Reiser do they?

capt-america.gif

JaseC

Apparently Rebellion now owns the original AvP:

Changed publisher – Fox Interactive › Rebellion 21 minutes ago

This is notable because Fox also owns the sequel... but it too may now be in Rebellion's hands. DocSeuss' dream may come true after all. ;)

This random I'm playing RE6 with is hilarious, keeps sliding off cliffs and being horrible all around. 10 continues and then he leaves right before the chapter finishes. Him leaving also meant his deaths got transferred to me so I ended up getting a C ranking >_>

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Speaking about the MGS Collection. If it does end up coming to Steam, I hope it comes with the original PC version of MGS Integral. All it would need are the post-processing effects and Xinput support for MS pads. The PSone version was extremely "shaky" in comparison. I loved the some movement and textures of the Windows version.
It would also need a patch to run on current PCs (there's a fan-made one available, but it should come with an official one), support for higher resolutions and have the VR Missions integrated into the main game, instead of on a separate .exe.

Oh, and the ability to read Revengeance's save file, and mention something about the future or whatever.

liezryou

Is it just me or do they not have a resident evil franchise pack on steam for sale? Is capcom just stupid?

I just want them all at once instead of having to buy one by one

Newblade

Is it just me or do they not have a resident evil franchise pack on steam for sale? Is capcom just stupid?

I feel you. I guess I'll wait until they come to their senses, hopefully after the release of REmake.

JaseC

The "Zombie Pack" only has DR2, RE5 and Revelations. It's also 2c more expensive than buying the games separately (assuming full price).

Yesterday I also learned it's easier to change the brakes of my car than to build a custom PC. If only someone told me earlier, I could've saved a bunch of dosh. I would also probably be dead by now.

Regarding games, let me tell you how good Bulletstorm is. Very good. Only thing holding it back is the two weapon + standard gun limit which is asinine as it's all about killing fools in the most imaginative way. Someone should make a Dark Messiah of Might & Magic 2 with that points system.
But it's not on sale! And GFWL!

Dr Dogg

I'll say this in defense of the console centric folk, I never had to wait for RAM to be in stock and not at stupid inflated prices when it is before being able to get a box up and running.

It's scheduled for some time this year and I'm waiting for it too. Picked up AA5 in the eshop sale a week ago and I can't make myself play it until I've gone through the other 4.

Yeah I've been checking NoE's website since E3 for a more concrete date but it's still showing Winter 2014. It's not that i don't own them all on the Wii of iOS or anything but always wanted the DS versions so this getting announced isn't helping the waiting. I wonder if Capcom will ever release PC version outside of Japan. Actually what are than Japanese PC versions like if anybody has any info?

capt-america.gif

I'm glad to see this thread isn't just full of young whippersnappers then.

derExperte

But it's not on sale! And GFWL!

But reasonable gamers bought it long ago during a sale and GFWL isn't ever going to get patched out so better play now.

I'll say this in defense of the console centric folk, I never had to wait for RAM to be in stock and not at stupid inflated prices when it is before being able to get a box up and running.

I had to wait, what was it, I think almost three months for a new PS4 from Sony itself at the beginning of the year and that was the second defective one I had owned. Even if it would've been only a week, I can jump in my car and replace a broken PC component in less than an hour. Same goes for old vs new cars, convenience comes at a very high price, nice when everything works but you're utterly helpless as soon as it doesn't.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom