• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

aku:jiki

I still have a SNES so technically I'm multiplattform so that post doesn't concern me at all. You other people should listen to this voice of reason though.
I still have an Intellivision, noob!

It's funny, I used to have a large collection and all the consoles and everything. Now all I own is 360's, an Intellivision, an N-Gage (not even kidding) and a Famicom Disk System but no Famicom.

(I didn't actually buy the N-Gage, I'm not insane.)

liezryou

I know right, I realized I already knew the answer right after i posted that.

I feel you. I guess I'll wait until they come to their senses, hopefully after the release of REmake.

Eh, I want to play RE4 cause fond memories of wii version, I don't wanna wait :3. But considering the aforementioned stupidity of capcom, i doubt a franchise pack will ever happen.

The "Zombie Pack" only has DR2, RE5 and Revelations. It's also 2c more expensive than buying the games separately (assuming full price).

I always wonder how this happens when they are preparing the packs.

AHA-Lambda

The future is bright.
xGuf7Bw.jpg

Oh god D:

Arthea

But reasonable gamers bought it long ago during a sale and GFWL isn't ever going to get patched out so better play now.

You kindly take that back, buying something one can't play is unreasonable now?!
GFWL isn't available everywhere, you know that, don't you? there are second, third and probably even lower tier countries according to Microsoft's world vision. I wish I knew how deep is their tier system.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of crazyrabbits, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (crazyrabbits, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Space Hack -- MB-9C4324C974799E6C - Taken by factorone
t1cxE6r.gif
Patrician IV -- MB-F9BCB72BE104FEE6 - Taken by arts&crafts. 5 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Disciples III Gold Edition -- MB-FCAAAE79C019B0D2 - Taken by Jadax. 3 entrants total.
Space Trader Merchant Marine -- MB-2AC3596D7C502667 - Taken by cardinalmind
Avencast Rise of the Mage -- MB-86BA496AA1EDD620 - Taken by D3RANG3D

t1410522364z1.png

Dr Dogg

I had to wait, what was it, I think almost three months for a new PS4 from Sony itself at the beginning of the year and that was the second defective one I had owned. Even if it would've been only a week, I can jump in my car and replace a broken PC component in less than an hour. Same goes for old vs new cars, convenience comes at a very high price, nice when everything works but you're utterly helpless as soon as it doesn't.

Ouch, I've been either stupidly lucky or others have be quite unlucky (maybe a combination of both) to have only had one issue, touch wood, in regards to defective goods on a console in their warranty period in about 25 years. And then that was just a faulty lens on a Saturn which when the service rep turned up just did a straight swap and took my broken Saturn away and gave me a new one. A friend of mine went through about 9 Dual Shock 3's whilst under warranty. Now that is some bad luck.

My point was that you never get sold a system incomplete with a console, it always has every component required to be up and running. It would be a similar situation if say Sony said "hey here's our swanky new PS4 but we don't have any controllers in stock at the moment, no idea when they will be and when they are will cost you more than you'd expect to pay due to short supply". Take this me as just venting as I've got some new toys to play with but can't even start yet until the RAM I want is in stock and not for a mouthwatering £250.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Okay, that might be an american thing cause there are no dancing puppets in children's restaurants where I live. But the game just look sooo damn boooooring.

Yeah, it was usually the same animatronics in Chuck E Cheese, Peter Piper, and Pistol Petes kids pizza places. The designs are different in the game but all the same animals were used for the pizza places.

Tizoc

That looks like one of those games that you see in facebook ads.

Then it's great that it plays 1000 times better than what is in those facebook ads.

Amongst all this Capcom goodness the last week what with DR3 and this sale I'm still wondering when on earth Ace Attorney Trilogy is releasing. Yeah I know it's a 3DS game, sue me!

Ace Attorney Trilogy is also on iOS, although most of the sprites 'photoshopping' leaves much to be desired.

Arthea

Then it's great that it plays 1000 times better than what is in those facebook ads.

so... you play facebook games?

btw, new gog birthday deals are on

edit: also Evochron Mercenary is on sale at gamersgate but for some strange reason, it's not a steam key and not DRM free. What DRM this game has? Anybody knows?

Casimir

Unconfirmed Member
A few questions I hope you all can help me with?

How much is the complete RE:R collection going for? I only see the standard edition for 2.5k.

How are the Dead Rising 2 ports? Hopefully decent? Specifically the OTR version?

I always wonder how this happens when they are preparing the packs.

It is a conscious action by the marketing departments of publishers.

F3lmW6n.png

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I don't like the look of this, should I be worried that it might not include the pre-order extras? I'm not even sure it actually mentioned the soundtrack or artbook when I decided to get two of these (one of which I've already activated).

MUnited83

For you.
A few questions I hope you all can help me with?

How much is the complete RE:R collection going for? I only see the standard edition for 2.5k.

How are the Dead Rising 2 ports? Hopefully decent? Specifically the OTR version?

RE:R collection is region locked, only the standard edition is region free.

Tizoc

Resident Evil 4 is region locked? ...but I was gonna get it for $6ish via TF2 trading =/
Gonna try to get Raven's Cry SE for $26ish later today @o@

so... you play facebook games?

btw, new gog birthday deals are on

Nope, I stopped using facebook once my brother's came back from abroad.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
F3lmW6n.png

Maybe I'm being paranoid, but I don't like the look of this, should I be worried that it might not include the pre-order extras? I'm not even sure it actually mentioned the soundtrack or artbook when I decided to get two of these (one of which I've already activated).

The pre-purchase stuff is there:

291960 Game Elminage Gothic about 19 hours ago
321730 Unknown SteamDB Unknown App 321730 9 days ago

Since the app is still private, it's not showing up as an included item.

That is disappointing. Is the separate DLC also region locked?

Nope.

Echoplx

edit: also Evochron Mercenary is on sale at gamersgate but for some strange reason, it's not a steam key and not DRM free. What DRM this game has? Anybody knows?

It's probably similar to purchasing it on the website, basically the installer is a timed demo and you enter a key to unlock it.

derExperte

You kindly take that back, buying something one can't play is unreasonable now?!
GFWL isn't available everywhere, you know that, don't you? there are second, third and probably even lower tier countries according to Microsoft's world vision. I wish I knew how deep is their tier system.

Why would a reasonable gamer live there?

L.O.R.D

From the market? It's up to $0.5 cheaper from key sellers
the keys from market , is there another place to get the keys ?

Pretty sure that's the avg. price right now since it's on sale. If you had looked around a bit more I saw some people selling it for as low as 2.5-3k

i looked in outpost and dispenser
most of them selling it for 4 keys
lowest was 3.5 keys

edit : just found someone selling it for 3 keys
anyway , that ticket was in my account for some time

Arthea

Why would a reasonable gamer live there?

says you, living in Germany and having all your games censored and region locked? seriously? (><)

It's probably similar to purchasing it on the website, basically the installer is a timed demo and you enter a key to unlock it.

IDK, I'm pretty sure gg will call it DRM free, if that was the case.

Don't you dare to insult the Vaterschland!

why would I do that? All those sims need to be made,
pron too

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom