• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ezalc

Hmm, that's weird, I could have swear that I saw the gifting/trading restriction on the base game. So yeah, you're right, RU/CIS base game is not region locked, just the complete version.

So I'm in brazil, if a guy in russia buys the base game of revelations for me I'll be able to play it? o: I'm confused by your conversation.

Gaspode_T

Strategy yo yo yo
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 5 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Gaspode_T, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you won a game from ModBot in the last day, you are not eligible for this giveaway.
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Omerta City of Gangsters -- MB-DCEEE977AD33B165 - Taken by wilflare. 14 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Patrician IV -- MB-4DC4A038D32D44F7 - Taken by provista. 2 entrants total.
t1cxE6r.gif
Disciples III Gold Edition -- MB-607453FA0DBC3B99 - Taken by Perun. 1 entrants total.
Imperium Romanum Gold Edition -- MB-CD649F258A38CBF0 - Taken by wagamer. 1 entrants total.
Port Royale 3 -- MB-9F103511142E4D84 - Taken by WinterDemons. 11 entrants total.

t1410506284z1.png

Grief.exe

If I hadn't just played Fable a couple years ago I would probably pick up the remaster.

To be frank, that is a game you want to play only once per decade.

Courtesy of a console warrior in the PC thread.
All I see is a bunch of people berating anyone who won't go out and spend a grand or more on a tricked out pc to become part of the 'master race'.

No matter what reason anyone states, you guys just won't take no for an answer.

This thread is nothing more than the worst of reddit all over again.

Whoever made the religious comparison is dead on.

You're like pushy door to door religious people who insist people try coming to church because they don't know what they're missing out on.

I'm tired of the condescension and the berating simply because I won't spend a ridiculous amount of money to have the same platform as you.

I haven't bought a pc because I don't want to be part of a miserable, vicious community that has to insult everyone else just to make themselves feel secure in their own choice of platform.

Keep your crappy community.
We are all a bunch of shits.

We are all a bunch of shits.

Agreed. PC gamers are the worst pushing their shit. I just want to lie in bed while I play Destiny until I fall asleep from the new FPS MMO grind.

Btw, that crosspost confused me. Would make sense to put as a link or some other way that links it back to the other thread.

Hmm so since re6 complete isn't region locked I'm gonna get my bro and I a copy. I'm expecting the game to be complete shit since re5 was shit but I'm sure we'll get some entertainment from making fun of the game

wagamer

I'm a bit confused with Disciples III and its editions. There's Renaissance, Resurrection, Reincarnation and Gold edition.

I have Reincarnation. I believe it's a "remake" of the original + expansion (Renaissance + Resurrection), am I correct or is it missing something from the originals? Is there any point getting the Gold edition if I already own Reincarnation?

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
Hmm so since re6 complete isn't region locked I'm gonna get my bro and I a copy. I'm expecting the game to be complete shit since re5 was shit but I'm sure we'll get some entertainment from making fun of the game

Well I bought it after watching Dusk Golem play because it looks like some stupid fun and I think you'd have at least that.

Resident Evil 6 is the best TPS ever made and miles better than Resident Evil 5 which while competent, relied far too heavily on Resident Evil 4's base while having very little of the tension or smart pacing. Think I'm finally going to spend more time with the PC version this weekend, been long enough of a break now after spending 80 hours with it on the PS3.

Resident Evil 6 is the best TPS ever made and miles better than Resident Evil 5 which while competent, relied far too heavily on Resident Evil 4's base while having very little of the tension or smart pacing. Think I'm finally going to spend more time with the PC version this weekend, been long enough of a break now after spending 80 hours with it on the PS3.
Yea I HIGHLY doubt that but I'll find out soon :p gonna see if I can buy another game and gift it here as well

but Max Payne 3 tho

Tecl0n

Campaign is quite terrible. Mercenaries is top 3 TPS of last gen.

Deitus

he also doesn't like indie games because they are mostly download only and he doesn't believe in that.

Oh wow, it's even worse than you made it sound in the actual post:

The majority of indie games are digital.

I don't buy digital.

Until indies start catering to me, they won't get my money.

So a bunch of indie developers are supposed to go out and get physical distribution and retail partnerships so that they can cater to this guy. That's totally doable, and they're clearly just leaving money on the table.

So, i really wanna vouch for how good Mega Coin Squad is. Even as a single player game its pretty fun, and is a good training ground for the excellent local multi-player game.

On another note, i may be a bit inibriated, but i just wanted to say i've really dug being around with you guys these past few months, and know it or not, this thread and a lot of the people i talk to through Steam have made a lot of the rougher stuff going on in my life a lot easier to deal with. Even the smallest interactions have been nice, and you guys have been nothing but awesome and welcoming. So thanks Steam-GAF.

tmarg

I'm a bit confused with Disciples III and its editions. There's Renaissance, Resurrection, Reincarnation and Gold edition.

I have Reincarnation. I believe it's a "remake" of the original + expansion (Renaissance + Resurrection), am I correct or is it missing something from the originals? Is there any point getting the Gold edition if I already own Reincarnation?

As I understand it, you have the best version, and there is no reason for you to get any other.

Renaissance and Resurrection were made first, but were very poorly received for a variety of reasons. Reincarnation is an updated version of both that corrects most of the major complaints players had about the originals.

but Max Payne 3 tho

I love Max Payne 3(have beat the game eight times) but it's pretty simple mechanically. You just throw yourself about and kill hundreds of enemies. Incredible presentation and the best hit reactions in gaming but it's not very complex. RE6 on the other hand combines the best of Capcom's very technical action games with an incredibly diverse portfolio of enemies that require very different tactics to take down. Even the basic j'avo enemies break apart into 5 or 6 different sub-types depending on which parts of their body you remove. The mobility in the game is just unmatched and nothing comes close and just makes fighting a pleasure.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
So a bunch of indie developers are supposed to go out and get physical distribution and retail partnerships so that they can cater to this guy. That's totally doable, and they're clearly just leaving money on the table.

It would make more sense if it were the opposite. I can understand not buying digital games (I pretty much gave up on the Nintendo digital stuff after my original Wii went tits up) but that sounds a little extreme.

I love Max Payne 3(have beat the game eight times) but it's pretty simple mechanically. You just throw yourself about and kill hundreds of enemies. Incredible presentation and the best hit reactions in gaming but it's not very complex. RE6 on the other hand combines the best of Capcom's very technical action games with an incredibly diverse portfolio of enemies that require very different tactics to take down. Even the basic j'avo enemies break apart into 5 or 6 different sub-types depending on which parts of their body you remove. The mobility in the game is just unmatched and nothing comes close and just makes fighting a pleasure.

I haven't played enough of RE6 to really say if it's better than MP3, all the gifs/webms I've seen of it are awesome though.

Wouldn't RE6's combat be more about player movement and melee than strictly shooting then? More along the lines of Vanquish than Max Payne 3.

---

Is Dead Rising 3 Special Edition's steam image a terribly edited version of the original art? How is he holding that sledgehammer?

Anteater

Man stop linking to those garbage posts here.

RE6 is a competent tps especially if you compare it to what we got last gen and what people praise as being the best games ever. The problem is the uneven campaign and some other bad design decisions and a dumb story, but the story has always been pretty dumb but more subtle in the past.

I find it more fun than RE5, Binary Domain, etc and it has enough content and fun sections especially playing on coop, it also controls better than both of those games.

Wouldn't RE6's combat be more about player movement and melee than strictly shooting then? More along the lines of Vanquish than Max Payne 3.

Absolutely, melee is a huge focus of the game and one of the major things that sets it apart from other shooters. More often than not you use the guns more to set up stun states so you can take out the enemies just melee. It's very different compared to Max Payne 3 or other simple shooters but it's that added depth that makes it more interesting to me. Vanquish has a much more frenzied pace compared to RE6, boosting around is its own pleasure. One of these days I will finish that last challenge map :p

I don't approve when PC gamers do that shit, but pretending that console gamers don't takes a special kind of selective memory. There's a reason people tend to refer to it as "console wars".
The thing is, no one was doing that kind of shit, he simply refused to register that there were a lot of outdated and even false views on PC gaming, so now corrections are seen as PC gamers being dicks.

Deitus

It would make more sense if it were the opposite. I can understand not buying digital games (I pretty much gave up on the Nintendo digital stuff after my original Wii went tits up) but that sounds a little extreme.

I mean if someone wants to be all about their consumer rights, and are willing to sacrifice in some regards in order to maintain ownership of games (despite the fact that even physical discs are moving away from true ownership at this point), that's their prerogative.

But to try to spin it like Indie games being only available digitally is because they are "choosing" to do so, and that they should criticized for it is ridiculous. The only reason we even have an indie scene at this point is because digital distribution allows them to bypass the massive barriers to entry of distribution pipelines and retail partnerships. You can choose to miss out on indie games for the sake of principles, but that's on you, not the devs.

I'm pretty excited to play Fable: Anniversary. Haven't played the game since around when it came out on the Xbox so I missed the Lost Chapters. Didn't really follow gaming news as much back then so I missed out on all of Peter's nonsense. Loved Fable 2 as well. Fable 3 is one of the few games to really disappoint me though. The room based UI was unbelievably tedious and brought the game's pacing to a halt. And while the first part of the game was a fun, if mediocre continuation of the traditional Fable structure the King/Queen elements were brain-dead simple and so easy to break that the moral choices presented became irreverent.

InfiniteNine

Rolling Girl
As if the other 3 console communities don't do the exact same thing?

And clearing up misconceptions = not taking no for an answer? Ain't our fault 70% of their reasons in that thread are teenager level justifications.

Stupid people make me mad.

After I learned to just ignore the dumb people I built my PC and I've been as happy as a clam!

liezryou

If I hadn't just played Fable a couple years ago I would probably pick up the remaster.

To be frank, that is a game you want to play only once per decade.

Eh, i think I've beaten fable twice, and I'm looking forward to playing the remaster. It'll be nice after the shitstain that was Fable 3.

I grew up playing both console and PC games so there's never been a real division for me. Have the various consoles, handhelds, and a PC that I upgrade every now and again. Best of all worlds, something worthwhile on every system.

Ignorance about how PCs work is always frustrating but at a certain point I just started ignoring most people. You can explain to someone how easy it is to use one in a traditional couch setting and the most likely response is a quick dismissal or complete nonsense. Perhaps I just need to adjust how I go about it, but many people are set in their ways and thoughts. Which is sadly true about much more than PC gaming.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
RE6 may be more complex than most other third person shooters but I didn't find the feedback gratifying at all and most of the combat scenarios were designed in an annoying fashion (in the campaigns). I also found most of the higher tier enemies to be more irritating than entertaining.

RE6 may be more complex than most other third person shooters but I didn't find the feedback gratifying at all and most of the combat scenarios were designed in an annoying fashion (in the campaigns). I also found most of the higher tier enemies to be more irritating than entertaining.

Can't really agree with that, to me Resident Evil 6 has the best hit-reactions outside of Max Payne 3. Shooting an enemy in the head with a weaker gun will cause it to break apart in pieces while more powerful shotguns will remove entire limbs in one blast. Not to mention the top notch animations for all of the melee moves.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom