• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Chariot

Would you all stop speaking German please?
I'm trying to learn it on Duolingo but I keep forgetting stuff like WTF your random use of genders which more often than not are the opposite of Italian.
like why the hell Apfel is masculine? it's totally a gal, deal with it and change your grammar right now plz
Yeah, the german gender articles make no sense. I love the english 'the', it's beautifully easy.

Nzyme32

Ah fuck it, I'll just get it on both PS4 and PC.

I could wait, but I'm a big baby who wants his toys right now.

And thus their delay works as planned. I find it amazing how many people in the other threads are seething at rock star and claiming they hate PC. Take2 and rock star are all business with this. I expect more of this as time goes on and people increasingly double dip

ViviOggi

I'm trying to learn it on Duolingo but I keep forgetting stuff like WTF your random use of genders which more often than not are the opposite of Italian.
like why the hell Apfel is masculine? it's totally a gal, deal with it and change your grammar right now plz

Der Applerino? Sounds perfectly fine to me.

MUnited83

For you.
And thus their delay works as planned. I find it amazing how many people in the other threads are seething at rock star and claiming they hate PC. Take2 and rock star are all business with this. I expect more of this as time goes on and people increasingly double dip

Rockstar doesn't hate PC. They simply don't care about it.

ViviOggi

Of course they do, they/2K care for anything that makes them money. With how rarely a mainline GTA releases they're just dedicated to milking their audience as much as possible, and seeing how people are already announcing triple dips why wouldn't they?

Stop It

Perfectly able to grasp the inherent value of the fishing game.
I know I'm late and probably not the only one here who can say this but it's Steam's and my 11st Birthday on Steam.

The website even has happy banners to celebrate for me.

God I feel old, heh.

Edit: No GTA V until January? Bah, well, I'll wait until then it seems!

No, they care about it, it's just they care more about dat console moneyyyyyy

finally finished the darkness. That ending sequence was still pretty damn cool, i must say. It must've blown some minds back in the day.

Also, goddammit i bought like 4 capcom games yesterday and then i got home to no internet. turns out a comcast contractor had come earlier in the day to install a new resident's internet and while he/she was at it disconnected my internet. dammit, comcast.

agniswarm

Banned
They have already milked the ps and xbox users so why wait....many have bought ps and xbox just to play gta....so the delay isnt needed unless they want the ps and xbox users to buy again for the pc by giving extra missions and changing a lot of the stuff

Of course they do, they/2K care for anything that makes them money. With how rarely a mainline GTA releases they're just dedicated to milking their audience as much as possible, and seeing how people are already announcing triple dips why wouldn't they?

Monooboe

Hopefully Rockstar won't come later and be all "See! PC version doesnt sell!" when most people have double dipped already because they didn't want to wait the delay.

OR lets be optimistic and see the delay as better optimization, better assets and Steam Workshop support.

MUnited83

For you.

No, they don't, they will make a rushed port job and that's it, and they know they will make craploads of money. Their stance on GFWL removal from GTA IV is everything I need to know. They don't care and they don't bother. Rockstar are free to prove me wrong, but I will wait and see.

FloatOn

I'm good with the delay. I played and beat GTA5 around launch time so the more time that passes before I play it again the better chance it will feel like a fresh experience.

dex3108

That's it i am done with Rockstar. I don't want to support developer who is treating me like shit over and over again. Year and a half delay without DLCs for full price is ridiculous.

Ah fuck it, I'll just get it on both PS4 and PC.

I could wait, but I'm a big baby who wants his toys right now.

You're right there where R* wants you to be.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
That's the problem, the DLC never gets a deep discount..

Also, most mods require them now if you are interested in that.

Will be cheaper to buy Legendary than the DLC

The dlcs will be more expensive than outright buying Legendary for a start. Also,most mods need the dlc.

Thinking I'm playing this now and not in twenty years.

*cry* I've got 5+ other titles in my "Steam backlog" to play before Skyrim. I'm cool with waiting forever...

u5udmPL.jpg

Skyrim isn't perfect but it's quite enjoyable. The world is absolutely beautiful.

Which is mostly why I bought it. I'm not buying the Elderscrolls for their Lore since that keeps changing. :/

I've got money for Red Dead Redemption on PC right here.

Mokoi

Banned
It's a good thing I don't care about GTA. Now what I'm really looking forward to is Five Nights at Freddy's 2. Game is 2spooky.

That's it i am done with Rockstar. I don't want to support developer who is treating me like shit over and over again. Year and a half delay without DLCs for full price is ridiculous.

I think you have really given Rockstar a lot to think about now.

I hope Rockstar would remember to compress the files this time around.

I wonder what the current record is for a PC game in terms of size?

agniswarm

Banned
There will be changes for sure...if they want to show the ps and xbox users that pc version is better so you should buy the game again..!

Hopefully Rockstar won't come later and be all "See! PC version doesnt sell!" when most people have double dipped already because they didn't want to wait the delay.

OR lets be optimistic and see the delay as better optimization, better assets and Steam Workshop support.

Fantastapotamus

Wrong about commas, wrong about everything

Well, lucky for you there is a group of insane people who wants to change all the stuff so it is gender neutral.
F.e. there wont be "Professor and Professorin" just "ProfessX". That sounds great.
Lucky for me, they are just a group of insane people and hopefully nobody takes them serious. You should try and learn Austrian*, it's a much nicer language and Austria is closer to Italy anyway :p

Not a real language

If the Max Payne 3 PC version is anything to go by, GTA V is going to be amazing on PC.

GTA IV says otherwise.
Man, I'm glad I don't give a shit about GTA otherwise I probably would be angry right now.

Titanfall decompresses after downloading files, think it's around 58 GBs with DLC.

GTA V is 17 GBs on PSN, interested to see how much it gains in the transition.

Dr Dogg

Yeah Wolfenstein is probably the record for day one install size but some MMO's are tipping higher figures right now with extra content over time. If it's not stupidly high res textures it's massive prerendered cutscenes and sometimes a bazillion language options all in uncompressed formats. You have through in the advent of digital distribution every large install game would allow you to omit some of these high quality assets if you don't have need for them but it's so uncommon.

Edit: Or Titanfall.

Edit, edit: Actually isn't CoD Ghosts 25gb for SP and 35gb for Multi and growing as DLC gets added?

Yeah Wolfenstein is probably the record for day one install size but some MMO's are tipping higher figures right now with extra content over time. If it's not stupidly high res textures it's massive prerendered cutscenes and sometimes a bazillion language options all in uncompressed formats. You have through in the advent of digital distribution every large install game would allow you to omit some of these high quality assets if you don't have need for them but it's so uncommon.

That has put me off so many of them. Try a MMO for free? Sure why not! Oh it is a 700GB download?

Yeah probably not.

Nzyme32

Complete nonsence, I'd argue the complete opposite. The fact they delay it makes it clear that they know its importance in driving secondary and even tertiary sales. You can see it in the other thread too. Plenty of people happy to buy them all

Tizoc

I need Wolfenstein TNO to shred some of them GBs...

Time I bought a 1 TB SSD ext. drive and then work to sell off my old 500 GB ones. SSD makes the old format slow as molasses.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom