• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I think it's more like Assassin's Creed. JaseC wrote about it a few pages back.

I've seen people say it has more in common with Hitman than AssCreed, but I've never played a Hitman game and it seems kindasorta AssCreed'ish to me, so needless to say it has my interest. Once again, though, Focus hasn't provided any pre-purchase incentives and with all of the other pre-orders that are on my radar I don't know if I'll be able to justify pre-ordering it.

rtcn63

Sounds like the name of a fictional Best Of album

styx%20image.jpg

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Even if MP3 was a great port I have my fair share of doubts about the performance of the new GTA, I guess we'll find out next year, which sucks.
I'm inclined to give Rockstar the benefit of the doubt, especially after how well MP3 ran on my (at the time) 3 years old PC. I'm more worried about it using RGSC.

Chariot

Oddly enough I don't remember that scene but it's been a long time since I read the series.
Which reminds me, ever watched Hellsing Abridged from Team Four Star?
Its from the last chapter. And no, I don't want to see any abrigded version of Hellsing. It's the mindless violence fest of my youth, it's somewhat sacred to me. Btw. a Hellsing game would be awesome. It would be a bit like the Darkness only with more ham.

Turfster

Oh, look, a 50% off Nidhogg coupon.
How about you fix your netcode first, devs, instead of announcing VITA and PS4 versions?
Maybe then I'll buy your game so I can play with my friends on the other side of the world.

Evrain

There's 2 fighting games technically. (or more? I'm not super up to date on Touhou)
IIRC all official games are danmakus, although shoot the bullet can be debatable, the two beat em ups were doujin games that garnered ZUN's approval. And then there's that beer themed clone whose name I can't remember and patriot dark*

*not a Touhou game, but a must play anyway

was this posted already?

popped up in greenlight recently: Miko Gakkou Monogatari

edited: it's not VN, btw

The graphics may not be top notch but they don't bother me at all
read it as it's probably going to run on my toaster ( ._.)

http://www.lar.net/2014/09/12/thoughts-after-releasing-divinityoriginal-sin-and-what-comes-next/
Divinity sold already over 500k units, only 10% was retail. So hope to see more of this "dead genre" on steam in the future :D

Nice

Chariot

Definitely will double dip for GTA V.

at a later date....because it comes out the same day my kid is born. So there's that...
You can tell that that exactly? I didn't know that is possible, american movies always made me think people only know the general time.

Also: how big is the chance of your successor being a copy of GTA V?

L.O.R.D

i am trying to get Dead rising 2 complete pack for 4 keys , but can't find some one sell it for that
only 4.5 keys
found someone want 4 keys + 1 ref
i don't play TF2 , soo , could someone send me 1 ref for free ? please ?

madjoki

Rockstar has no excuse for not implementing Steamworks in their games. There were indie developers that removed GFWL, as the one for Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet.
Why not, Rockstar?
Because they did a lot of money, and they care only about money.
I have GTA4 on Steam, I never started it because my cd-key didn't redeem on GFWL.
Also, Securom?
How many dollars are required to settle a development to remove GFWL and Securom?
I think Rockstar can afford that price.

Rockstar is more likely to implement Rockstar Social Club + Gameshield than Steamworks.

FloatOn

Definitely will double dip for GTA V.

at a later date....because it comes out the same day my kid is born. So there's that...

congrats on the sex etc

but seriously, I hope parenthood is fun and rewarding for you.

also I hope it doesn't rob you of ALL video game time

derExperte

Fuck me, I completely forgot about that huge cliffhanger at the end of Bulletstorm. And we'll never get a second one. Having flashbacks to Episode 2 here.

Turfster

Mac Game Store has Borderlands 2 Complete for 73% off

GreenManGaming is doing a Squenix Weekend up to 75% off

Fuck me, I completely forgot about that huge cliffhanger at the end of Bulletstorm. And we'll never get a second one. Having flashbacks to Episode 2 here.

If they remove GFWL from it, I'll double dip on Bulletstorm.

Isn't there a bunch of Capcom stuff to avoid because of GFWL or poor PC porting?

Only their older games like Devil May Cry 3 and Onimusha are bad ports. All of Capcom's MT Framework games have excellent ports.
GFWL is being removed from Resi5 and DR2. Only Lost Planet 2 seems to be left in the rain. And the Colonies Edition of the first Lost Planet.

You can tell that that exactly? I didn't know that is possible, american movies always made me think people only know the general time.

Also: how big is the chance of your successor being a copy of GTA V?

Well, that's the date we've been given. It's more of a date +/- a week or of thing. Just ironic it's the same date GTA comes out.

And they were unable to determine the gender this week, so there is a small chance. I'm still hoping it's a human though.

congrats on the sex etc

but seriously, I hope parenthood is fun and rewarding for you.

also I hope it doesn't rob you of ALL video game time

I'm hoping I don't lose all the vidya game time. I recently stumbled upon the realization that my copy of Witcher 3 will lay dormant for a while. Which is a slight bummer.

Rockstar has no excuse for not implementing Steamworks in their games. There were indie developers that removed GFWL, as the one for Insanely Twisted Shadow Planet.
Why not, Rockstar?
Because they did a lot of money, and they care only about money.
I have GTA4 on Steam, I never started it because my cd-key didn't redeem on GFWL.
Also, Securom?
How many dollars are required to settle a development to remove GFWL and Securom?
I think Rockstar can afford that price.

I don't know who it was (maybe grief.exe), but I think someone mentioned seeing some activity on GTA:SA stating they might be updating it to match the windows store version (afaik it includes native widescreen support and direct input)...
This means that they -might- be starting to care A BIT more about PC versions (take this with three kilos of salt).
Still... I'd love Cloud support and everything (I finished GTA:SA for the second time like 3 weeks ago).
EDIT: Cloud support shouldn't be developer-enabled but community-enabled anyway. </rant>

GaussTek

Damn, I just woke up to find out that GTA V was delayed on PC. Expected, I guess, but I can only think of two reasons.

1. They want to help out current-gen console sales.
2. They want to optimize the PC version as much as possible. Yeah, I know PS4/XB1 are basically PCs, but remember Watch Dogs, Dead Rising 3, etc.?

I was also thinking on piracy, but considering the relatively short delay, people who were going to pirate the game aren't buying the game on new consoles -let alone buy a new console too- to play the game when they already know the PC version release date (or just hope Rockstar isn't thinking on that -__- ).

Turfster

I don't know who it was (maybe grief.exe), but I think someone mentioned seeing some activity on GTA:SA stating they might be updating it to match the windows store version (afaik it includes native widescreen support and direct input)...

Didn't they just remove the radio tracks they'd lost the licensing rights to?

Vuze

1. They want to help out current-gen console sales.
2. They want to optimize the PC version as much as possible. Yeah, I know PS4/XB1 are basically PCs, but remember Watch Dogs, Dead Rising 3, etc.?

1. "Helping"? Certainly not. Paid by Sony (who will most likely release a PS4+GTAV bundle just in time for christmas)? Probably. Trying to get ppl to triple-dip? Maybe.
2. I'm trying to convince me with that point as well lol, but probably not.

Tizoc

i am trying to get Dead rising 2 complete pack for 4 keys , but can't find some one sell it for that
only 4.5 keys
found someone want 4 keys + 1 ref
i don't play TF2 , soo , could someone send me 1 ref for free ? please ?

At work, otherwise I could've sent you the one ref I had left :/

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom