• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I have been through the boring process of listing my hundreds of cards and dota 2 items, most of which are worth 5 to 10 cents. Who would have thought selling so many of these useless stuff would have worked? Not me.

FvcPz0i.png

Still waiting for a few hundreds to sell automagically. I still have about 180 games to idle.

I was skeptical about idleMaster and selling worthless cards, but a lot of worthless stuff is something.

Damn man... Maybe I should try and idle for once

If I am buying something from their website I, as a customer, shouldn't have to search through social media sites to find out about potential problems with the product I'm purchasing. It's as simple as a 2 sentence note on the bundle page. This would also save them the trouble of answering X number of support messages regarding this issue.

But I guess you don't see a point in a business informing their customers about a known issue.

They did inform customers. On their support twitter. Which I just linked you to.

Damn man... Maybe I should try and idle for once

It really adds up, especially for newer games where the cards aren't as plentiful.

We still have 2 spots open if anyone wanna join in, we'll start in about 20 mins probably.

Tabletop Simulator Game Night - Munchkin Brawl!

Just got into this boardgame Munchkin recently and I gotta say I do enjoy it a whole bit.
Random games kinda sucks though, so anyone up for a game sometime later today?
We need 3-6 players and I have a bunch of sets (Base/Super/Star/Cthulhu/Bites/Zombie/Apocalypse) we can play.
Quote this post, PM or message me on Steam if you want in.

If you're not familiar with the game, but want in anyway, you can try this little handy demo and you can read the rules here.
We'll help you along the way too, it's pretty straightforward.

1. DunderHassan
2. Zeknurn
3. Zeknurn (friend)
4. Luchador

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
it's false advertising, and there's no mention of the mistake at all on their website.. the quoted post below is the only info I've seen about it, and it's not even from humble itself.. their customer service is awful.. and I don't think comparing them to Steam customer service does anyone any favors. My ass has better customer service than Steam.

It's not false advertising. You paid for something and you're going to get it. Were you planning on taking the day off work to listen to the OST or whatever?

Sendou

I'm mad. Well not really. Apparently Divinity: Original Sin doesn't support cloud saves currently (devs deactived them since they were too big?). So when I migrated by computer from HDD to this new SSD I thought Steam Cloud would handle those saves for me. Well that didn't happen. I guess I could rehook my HDD to get my saves back but tbh I wasn't even having that much fun with Divinity so I guess I'll just shelve it for the moment and play something else. I'm growing and ever increasing distaste to RPG's of all kinds. Not sure why.

Still if you don't have Steam Cloud activated for your product you shouldn't claim otherwise on the store page.

I'll believe it when I see it... pretty sad that humble can't mention this on the bundle page and adult swim, not humble, has to tell people..
I understand your anger - really, I do - but I also think you're overreacting just a tad bit. It's Labor Day in the U.S., so there is probably no one even working in the Humble offices today. This is the internet, where you can find your answer in a few clicks. You found it from Adult Swim, so what's the issue?

Ryne

F1 2014 pre-purchase incoming. It'll come with F1 Race Stars and all its DLC.

I'm torn about this game, I have put in 2000+ hours with the previous games (419 with F1 2013 alone) but the way they are handling the new version bugs me a bit. This one will be the last old-gen version, and the new-gen version will come out early next year.

I don't know if I can hold out until next year to play F1.

Ozium

It's not false advertising. You paid for something and you're going to get it. Were you planning on taking the day off work to listen to the OST or whatever?

it is false advertising in the sense that the product description says 'this includes soundodger soundtrack dlc" and I didn't receive that.. it didn't tell me that I would get it in a week or whenever they feel like putting it up.. furthermore if it's a known issue that the DLC is not included, why isn't this noted on the bundle page? The only source I've seen of this is twitter.. is the onus on me as a customer to browse social media sites to make sure I'm getting what I paid for?

Why are people bashing me for getting anxious over not getting what was on offer and only finding out through second hand sources when humble could easily have put up a sentence or two detailing the situation?

I understand your anger - really, I do - but I also think you're overreacting just a tad bit. It's Labor Day in the U.S., so there is probably no one even working in the Humble offices today. This is the internet, where you can find your answer in a few clicks. You found it from Adult Swim, so what's the issue?

I dont think this is a sudden thing that just happened, they had plenty of time to write a note about it on the bundle page. Again, why should the onus be on me to scour social media or other third party websites to find out information that should be clearly labeled on the humble site?

what if you bought a game on steam that said available now and then you buy and it doesnt show up in your account, then you find out 'lol its been delayed a week' from some twitter account...

Adult Swim Games twitter account is their support page? That's the only thing you linked to me.

Twitter allows you to "retweet" things, which basically means you can post things, such as the Adult Swim tweet, as your own. This is what Humble has done, for those users who might be wondering, "oh man I'm having a technical issue."

I can't fathom why anyone would think this is a big deal, or why it would warrant any greater notification of users outside of their usual channels. The problem will be fixed.

Ruruja

I'm torn about this game, I have put in 2000+ hours with the previous games (419 with F1 2013 alone) but the way they are handling the new version bugs me a bit. This one will be the last old-gen version, and the new-gen version will come out early next year.

I don't know if I can hold out until next year to play F1.

I'm in the same frame of mind. Hopefully it'll come out at a lower price point.

Ozium

Twitter allows you to "retweet" things, which basically means you can post things, such as the Adult Swim tweet, as your own. This is what Humble has done, for those users who might be wondering, "oh man I'm having a technical issue."

I can't fathom why anyone would think this is a big deal, or why it would warrant any greater notification of users outside of their usual channels. The problem will be fixed.

whatever fine.. I'm done..

I'm truly sorry everyone for being such a piece of shit that I expect to not have to scour the internet in order to figure out why something I just purchased isn't working..

silly me for not sticking up for companies

edit: please give me a detailed list of every website I should check out before making a purchase with my money, since that's apparently the consumer friendly thing to do

at first I was just really irritated.. the anger didn't start until I was told by multiple ppl that I'm a fucking asshole for expecting decent customer service

whatever fine.. I'm done..

I'm truly sorry everyone for being such a piece of shit that I expect to not have to scour the internet in order to figure out why something I just purchased isn't working..

silly me for not sticking up for companies

Silly you for painting this issue in a far more dramatic light than it deserves.

It's laughable if you find one of the main Humble support channels somehow "scouring." I didn't even have to hunt.

at first I was just really irritated.. the anger didn't start until I was told by multiple ppl that I'm a fucking asshole for expecting decent customer service
Er, I never called you "a fucking asshole." I just thought you were blowing the whole thing out of proportion, that's all. Doesn't make you a bad guy. ALL I'm saying is that getting this bent out of shape isn't healthy, man.

Lomax

it's false advertising, and there's no mention of the mistake at all on their website.. the quoted post below is the only info I've seen about it, and it's not even from humble itself.. their customer service is awful.. and I don't think comparing them to Steam customer service does anyone any favors. My ass has better customer service than Steam.

I'm sorry if I came off as whiny, I've had a bunch of BS to deal with today and then this humble thing happens... and it brought to mind anxiety because of other people's complaints and dealings with their service..

I'll believe it when I see it... pretty sad that humble can't mention this on the bundle page and adult swim, not humble, has to tell people..

I'm not saying you don't have a legitimate complaint, but in a world of steam keys where we do deal with scammers on a somewhat regular basis, including some bundle sites, it isn't a term that should be thrown around lightly. Humble Bundle is by far the most reputable of all the bundle sites. I'm sure if weeks pass buy and it isn't fixed, plenty of people here will be complaining and trying to do something about it. But bad customer service and mistakes is a long stretch from a scam.

Ozium

Er, I never called you "a fucking asshole." I just thought you were blowing the whole thing out of proportion, that's all. Doesn't make you a bad guy. ALL I'm saying is that getting this bent out of shape isn't healthy, man.

I mean fucking asshole figuratively, not literally.

Why does Mass Effect 2 and 3 run absolutely perfectly on my PC and Mass Effect 1 runs really badly?

I don't have a great PC and all, but Unreal games usually run great. EDIT I know the answer, but still.

Lomax

Bound to happen when most of it is stuffed into every other bundle in the $1 tier. But hey, at least you'd get both Syberias and Scratches with the other $196 of throwaway stuff!

Funnily enough, I have neither of those activated on my account, though I'm sure I have keys for them laying around somewhere.

Kaleinc

Banned
Considering QLOC has done all the PC ports of SF4 as far as I know, I doubt they'd purposefully screw up what already was working in the other two versions. Gotta deal with what you're given.
Qloc didn't port Vanilla SF4, that's why it was perfect and didn't require a single patch. While PC AE was seriously bugged and RE6 had game breaking shit, thanks qloc. I wish Capcom did their own porting, like good old days.

JambiBum

Guys, I'm having trouble focusing on one game to play. I don't really remember the last game that held my attention all the way through.

Shadownet

Banned
Just a bunch of personal health complications, I'm losing some money too. I also made a bad CSGO bet today, most likely will lose all of my expensive skins. FML

Deitus

You could just move it to your SSD later on afaik so...

Good point. I guess the question I really wanted the answer to (and what I should have asked in the first place), was if there was any noticeable streaming issues or hitching due to loading issues associated with running the game off an HDD.

But I suppose it's really not that hard to move games between harddrives, so I might as well just clear out the space.

JambiBum

Good point. I guess the question I really wanted the answer to (and what I should have asked in the first place), was if there was any noticeable streaming issues or hitching due to loading issues associated with running the game off an HDD.

But I suppose it's really not that hard to move games between harddrives, so I might as well just clear out the space.
That just depends on the quality of the HDD. I've never had any issues with mine so I haven't felt the need to switch.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom