• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
I think Uncharted 3 was 40-50 GB, imagine downloading that from PSN (><)

Also in current weekly sale 100% Orange Juice - 4 Pack is discounted -33% only, but still.

Uncharted 3 is really large because the disk has both 3D 1080P and 1080P 2D cutscenes. They eventually made it so that on PSN you only have to download the base single player game(multi is seperate) and either 3D or normal cutscenes.

PS4/Xbox One games are huge though. Ryse, Killzone Shadowfall, The Last of Us, and NBA 2K14 are all very close to 50 Gbs.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
I think Uncharted 3 was 40-50 GB, imagine downloading that from PSN (><)
I have it "for free" thanks to PS+, so eventually I'll have to download it. It's gonna hurt.

The only thing saving me from that is that I haven't played the previous games yet, though I fear (and hope) that will change someday, hopefully soon.

Uncharted 3 is really large because the disk has both 3D 1080P and 1080P 2D cutscenes. They eventually made it so that on PSN you only have to download the base single player game(multi is seperate) and either 3D or normal cutscenes.
So that's what 3D cutscenes meant! Thanks for the explanation, I know now that I don't have to download them.

Arthea

They've got the PAX 10 flash still running, tho.

ya, no HB today.
Also I noticed that groupees has no active bundle, not even one! Add to it HB being not that humble anymore, Indiegala increasing prices of their bundles, some bundle sites closing, it almost feels like the end of era. Shouldn't we be prepared for the day "it was fun while it lasted, but no more"? (><)

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I never knew that. That strikes me as being, well, incredibly stupid.

Yeah, but you can't deny the results: plenty of people believe that Origin does in fact offer significantly better download speeds than any of Steam's various content servers.

Deitus

I don't know how I'm going to survive in this brave new world of 50GB games when I'm stuck with a 125 GB/mo data cap. If I spring for the higher bandwidth plan (much faster than my current plan, but also twice what I'm paying now), I can bump that up to 250 GB/mo. Somehow I think even that's not going to cut it pretty soon.

Levyne

Banned
I nearly had a heart attack in Metro LL.

The spiders in the tunnel where you have to get a door open are terrible. Hearing them scuttle towards me from every direction is real nerve-wracking.

Hehe, just wait unt..

Just wait til you play the Spider Nest DLC

...yeah that DLC was probably the...

That was definitely the creepiest portion of the Metro series for me.

What they said!

Thorgal

Three of those four are good. One is pretty awful. Choose wisely.

Does it have to be bought from Steam or is it ok to have a game redeemable on Steam, but discounted somewhere else?

Because Amazon.com right now has: Alpha Protocol and Batman AA (there's also a pack with all Batman games for like 23$)

Bad Rats 99 Cents!

Serious Answer: You've been recommended VVVVVV. It's just an awesome little game and very much worth it. Takes about a good 2 hours or so to get through everything, but usually a bit longer in your first run since the game gets challenging near the end. The mechanics flow so smoothly, the music is beautiful, and the thrills are amazing. You will die, but you will enjoy every minute of it in VVVVVV

Hmm choices choices ...

Nabs

He needs to put Hexcells Plus on sale so I can tell everyone to buy it. Hexcells (-66%) is good, but the real shit starts when that game ends.

Sub Zero

his body's cold as ice, but he's got a heart of gold
Currently checking 1C's strategy games that are on sale this week and it is pretty hilarious that every single one of them is suffering from critical issues (most of them don't even work properly on modern machines). Seems like they have kept the tradition of releasing broken games given that the new Kings Bounty and Men of War games are broken messes as well

X05

Upside, inside out he's livin la vida loca, He'll push and pull you down, livin la vida loca
Yay new thread!

DR3 comes soon and have done jack-shit in 2... maybe I should remedy that.

Also had totally forgotten that Defense Grid 2 came out this month, I really should preorder that soon (along with Ultimate Ninja Storm Revolution and Shadow of Mordor... expensive month this one will be!)

So that's what 3D cutscenes meant! Thanks for the explanation, I know now that I don't have to download them.

The 3D in Uncharted 3 is incredible but if you don't have a 3D t.v. then obviously it's a pointless thing to download. The bad thing about every PS3 download is that its download/installation system is broken and you have to have at least double the space to download the game. Ie, if Uncharted 3 with 2D cutscenes is 25 GBs you need at least 50 GBs free.

Luckily they fixed it on the Vita and PS4 but it will continue to be annoyance on the PS3. Lot of great games on the system that won't be ported any time soon if ever.

JaseC

I see MAGIX's NotcheaperinEasternEurope 2014 is half off. Fortunately I'm already halfway to my desired goal of $25 in Steam Wallet funds. After this all I need is Photostory 2014 Deluxe, which is cheaper in Eastern Europe.

Divius

lol seriously. The game is just to epic and well put together, it's really hard to want to move onto anything else after it's brilliance. Have you play Metal Gear Rising yet? Or how about Dishonored. Both are pretty damn good games.
Somewhat late response but eh; Dishonored yes. MGR not yet. (waiting until I have money + until it's on sale)

Dishonored was fun, I liked it.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
Titanfall's 50GB seems tough to beat.

Titanfall's up to 57 gb now with both released DLC packs. I have faith in it to hit 60 with the final release. For comparison, Battlefield 4 currently sits at 47 gb, while also awaiting one last DLC.

For Steam games: Black Ops 2 sits at a tidy sub 6 gb (+maybe 1.5 gb for the DLC I'm missing) for the multiplayer only option, proof that Treyarch is the best.

Jawmuncher

Nothing better than activating a surprise Game Key and getting a game you really wanted.
Thanks again Shadownet.

Not going to post the game though.
Wanna see if detectiveGAF can figure it out.

Really hoping we get more details on the MGS Ground Zeroes release soon. You would think it wouldn't be too far off with it already being released on other platforms but I guess you never know with a game like that.

Been enjoying Mini Metro and The Escapists recently and still need to try out Metro 2033 Redux. I never really played the first version and couldn't really get into it from what little I did play. Hoping I was wrong.

JaseC

Really hoping we get more details on the MGS Ground Zeroes release soon. You would think it wouldn't be too far off with it already being released on other platforms but I guess you never know with a game like that.

Judging from when the game appeared in the registry, work on the port only began a few months ago or so. A release near the end of the year isn't outside the realm of possibility, but I think we'll see Konami repeat what it did with Rising -- a release in January with the pre-order being a Winter Sale Daily.

ya, no HB today.
Also I noticed that groupees has no active bundle, not even one! Add to it HB being not that humble anymore, Indiegala increasing prices of their bundles, some bundle sites closing, it almost feels like the end of era. Shouldn't we be prepared for the day "it was fun while it lasted, but no more"? (><)
Nah. If anything, there are more bundle sites than ever, and Humble has expanded significantly. We now get several bundles at a time from them (granted, not all games), which certainly wasn't the case even a year ago.

maty

You guys weren't kidding when you said Volgarr was tough. I've just beat level 1 and I can't imagine how hard the next levels will be.

I'll probably have to play something more relaxing between sessions or I'll break my controller. xD

BinaryPork2737

Unconfirmed Member

I want to know the price, too. $20 or bust.

Still probably better than some of their output. Like the Battleship video game.

Ozium

finally bought the humble weekly and there's no soundodger + dlc listed when I right click and check properties.. the SHODN and Fist Puncher DLC is there tho..

wtf humble

Turfster

How do you disable updates?

I don't want GFWL patched out of Red Faction: Guerilla

You... don't want to actually be able to play your game?
This is a new one =p

Final gamefly back 2 school sale day
  • 2K Action Collection 86% off (Mafia II, The Line, Darkness II, DNF)
  • Battle Group 2 60% off
  • COD MW 3 50% off
  • Dishonored GOTY 40% off
  • Europa universalis IV 75% off
  • Galaxy on Fire 2 HD 75% off
  • Gomo 66% off
  • Lost Planet 3 75% off
  • Nosferatu 75% off
  • Operation Flashpoint Complete 66% off
  • Red Faction Armageddon 75% off
  • Saints Row IV 50% off
  • Sanctum 80% off
  • Scribblenauts Unmasked 75% off

Judging from when the game appeared in the registry, work on the port only began a few months ago or so. A release near the end of the year isn't outside the realm of possibility, but I think we'll see Konami repeat what it did with Rising -- a release in January with the pre-order being a Winter Sale Daily.

Yeah, that makes sense. Here's hoping that's the case!

I want to know the price, too. $20 or bust.

Yeah, something around that would be great.

Not holding my breath for new content but it would be a bonus.

abracadaver

Click on the quoted option, it's a drag down menu.

not for me:

5bx2vetg.jpg

Telltale announces new game -> "Maybe our choices will matter this time!" -> Choices don't matter and this is a common complaint -> Return to #1.
Calling their titles "games" is a bit of an overstatement to begin with. They're borderline interactive movies (which is fine at the right price), especially when you consider how TWD Season 1 as well Season 2 had less and less puzzle elements to them with each progressive chapter. In games that already were extremely linear and had next to no mechanical depth. S2 had some interesting deviations in choices towards the end surprisingly enough, but TellTale really should make everything more expansive with how much money they're making... Which I quite frankly don't see happening anyways, given their laziness.

This bothered me the most in The Wolf Among Us though. First two chapters had some investigations where you interrogated a suspect and had to decide which area of interest you'd pursue over the other, and those gameplay elements practically disappeared around the halfway point. Setting up expectations, only to pull the rug from under your feet.

Ozium

I remember someone else having this problem with the Soundodger+ DLC from humble weekly.. who was it? I wish to form a mob with you kind sir

just sent a ticket into humble, doubt it will do any good... fucking hell

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom