• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Articalys

Don't think I have the patience to deal with finishing Mitsurugi Kamui Hikae on hard mode. Guess I'll just move onto something else for now.

Quick question: One of the games I downloaded from Groupees (not a Steam game) is missing a DLL file and won't run. What can I do? Google isn't much help.

Ozium

Quick question: One of the games I downloaded from Groupees (not a Steam game) is missing a DLL file and won't run. What can I do? Google isn't much help.

when did you download it? it's possible they updated the files. otherwise you can go into groupees support chat, they are usually pretty good

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The one that said it does deactivate updates didn't work reliably so they renamed it. Going and staying offline is the only option.

There was never an option to disable updates entirely, only automatic updating -- Valve just renamed the option to more accurately describe its functionality. That being said, with the name change came the loss of the ability to skip detected updates, which was a big step backwards and is something I hope Valve plans on reincorporating.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Why on earth do you want to keep GFWL?

Because unless proven otherwise the port of SSF4/USF4 to Steamworks has borked that game and so has made some people leery about the move of GfWL titles to Steamworks.

That said, thanks for the headsup. Got the GfWL achievements all done to be ready for the move to Steamworks. :D

JaseC

Because unless proven otherwise the port of SSF4/USF4 to Steamworks has borked that game and so has made some people leery about the move of GfWL titles to Steamworks.

He said earlier that he wants to finish getting the achievements so they sync with his gamertag. This is why you don't presume to speak for other people. ;)

That said, thanks for the headsup. Got the GfWL achievements all done to be ready for the move to Steamworks. :D

doesnt sound like a steamworks problem

sounds like a dev fucked up

Turfster

Some of can't wait for GFWL to get ripped out of Guerilla so that we can maybe finally actually play it in 1080p, instead of having to rely on console versions =p

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
He said earlier that he wants to finish getting the achievements so they sync with his gamertag. This is why you don't presume to speak for other people. ;)

I still say people should be leery. SSF4 has gotten a worse port in Steamworks than it had with GfWL. Until people go "yeah the port isn't broke," I wouldn't update personally.

Ozium

finally bought the humble weekly and there's no soundodger + dlc listed when I right click and check properties.. the SHODN and Fist Puncher DLC is there tho..

wtf humble

I remember someone else having this problem with the Soundodger+ DLC from humble weekly.. who was it? I wish to form a mob with you kind sir

just sent a ticket into humble, doubt it will do any good... fucking hell

anyone?

humble are fucking scammers

JaseC

I still say people should be leery. SSF4 has gotten a worse port in Steamworks than it had with GfWL. Until people go "yeah the port isn't broke," I wouldn't update personally.

Whatever is wrong with Street Fighter has absolutely nothing to do with Steamworks itself. It's the basis of MP in hundreds of titles; the fact the netcode is noticeably bad following its implementation is entirely the fault of QLOC.

Whatever is wrong with Street Fighter has absolutely nothing to do with Steamworks itself. It's the basis of MP in hundreds of titles; the fact the netcode is noticeably bad following its implementation is entirely the fault of QLOC.
I doubt it's QLOC's fault since the netcode of Ultra regressed even on consoles. Especially on PS3.

Jawmuncher

I do enjoy the atmosphere that comes with snowy environments. That's one plus the original had. Are the mechs more fun to control than in that one?

The mech is a step down.
But it makes sense with the context of the story since it's a prequel.
You only pilot one which is a big lumbering service mech. The segments are in First Person and remind me a bit of Teleroboxer when you fight bigger creatures. Which itself was kinda like punchout.

Considering QLOC has done all the PC ports of SF4 as far as I know, I doubt they'd purposefully screw up what already was working in the other two versions. Gotta deal with what you're given.

JaseC

I doubt it's QLOC's fault since the netcode of Ultra regressed even on consoles. Especially on PS3.

Unless Capcom mandated that the netcode be worse, I'd say the blame largely lies at QLOC's feet ("entirely" was perhaps a bit much as for all we know QLOC could have asked for more time but was denied). That being said, it wouldn't be fair to blame QLOC for not fixing it since it's up to Capcom to bankroll such a patch. I suppose you could say the current situation is split down the middle between the two. ;)

Considering QLOC has done all the PC ports of SF4 as far as I know, I doubt they'd purposefully screw up what already was working in the other two versions. Gotta deal with what you're given.

I don't think the degradation was intentional, but the patch was in the works for months, so it's rather bizarre the netcode went backwards.

Lomax

anyone?

humble are fucking scammers

Humble is hardly scammers and they respond to tickets relatively quickly (faster than Steam anyways). Give it a couple days or try tweeting them. Sometimes it is a regional thing if a game is missing but it seems unlikely in your case.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

The Few -- MB-031CC0B221027C99 - Taken by Kifimbo
Heavy Fire Afghanistan -- MB-F6F92DB0E2C22F9C - Taken by Scipius
I heard this sucks
8BitBoy -- MB-5E8FE1BF03FF2CF4 - Taken by nxss
This basically sucks

Wok

I have been through the boring process of listing my hundreds of cards and dota 2 items, most of which are worth 5 to 10 cents. Who would have thought selling so many of these useless stuff would have worked? Not me.

FvcPz0i.png

Still waiting for a few hundreds to sell automagically. I still have about 180 games to idle.

I was skeptical about idleMaster and selling worthless cards, but a lot of worthless stuff is something.

Ozium

Humble is hardly scammers and they respond to tickets relatively quickly (faster than Steam anyways). Give it a couple days or try tweeting them. Sometimes it is a regional thing if a game is missing but it seems unlikely in your case.

I've spoken to numerous people that have had tickets take weeks and offer little to no help.. There have also been others who have reported this issue here so it seems to be a widespread problem, and the bundles been going on for over half a week.

scammers.

fernandes

These weeklong deals really start to all look the same week after week. It's like they have the same games on rotation with just a couple of new deals every week.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 7 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a garbage dump. No other rules apply, you may claim as many as you want (there are no limits or throttles), and keys you win won't be counted as wins for your record. Do not SELL these keys for a profit.

Al Emmo and the Lost Dutchman's Mine -- MB-EE72544494A4E6CA - Taken by Saty
Fester Mudd -- MB-949AC7C82C86508F - Taken by ModBot - Taken by nja
Spate -- MB-2C5C142835732214 - Taken by Sendou
Victim of Xen -- MB-436D8B7BE9551CA6 - Taken by Chairmanchuck
Shiny The Firefly -- MB-F577FD4BFF056D9C - Taken by Ingueferroque
Lilly Looking Through -- MB-F9499334C1EE99B5 - Taken by Saty
xheRJRF.gif
R.I.P.D. The Game -- MB-4C2F746DEBF278B0 - Taken by Saty

Lomax

I've spoken to numerous people that have had tickets take weeks and offer little to no help.. There have also been others who have reported this issue here so it seems to be a widespread problem, and the bundles been going on for over half a week.

scammers.

Throwing around the word "scammers" just discredits your entire argument and makes you look pointlessly whiny. This is a Holiday weekend in the U.S. so it's to be expected that there will be slower responses. You could argue that they have poor customer service (Steam certainly does), but that doesn't make them scammers. If you think they intentionally tried to keep your game key from you, you're pretty misguided. They sell hundreds of thousands of bundles every week, of course there are going to be occasional issues.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
These weeklong deals really start to all look the same week after week. It's like they have the same games on rotation with just a couple of new deals every week.

I believe the weeklong deals are automated; devs just submit their discount, and it shows up. So it's not curated, and basically what you're seeing is a lot of the same low-end companies doing deep discounts just to eke out a meagre existence since they normally sell nothing at all.

Versus the individual discounts, which are curated and spread out and planned and attract a higher calibre of dev.

Just think of them like supermarket circulars. A lot of them have deals on the same products. There might be a half-dozen different brands of detergent, but when you get that flyer, "Oh look, it's Tide week!"

Ozium

Throwing around the word "scammers" just discredits your entire argument and makes you look pointlessly whiny. This is a Holiday weekend in the U.S. so it's to be expected that there will be slower responses. You could argue that they have poor customer service (Steam certainly does), but that doesn't make them scammers. If you think they intentionally tried to keep your game key from you, you're pretty misguided. They sell hundreds of thousands of bundles every week, of course there are going to be occasional issues.

it's false advertising, and there's no mention of the mistake at all on their website.. the quoted post below is the only info I've seen about it, and it's not even from humble itself.. their customer service is awful.. and I don't think comparing them to Steam customer service does anyone any favors. My ass has better customer service than Steam.

I'm sorry if I came off as whiny, I've had a bunch of BS to deal with today and then this humble thing happens... and it brought to mind anxiety because of other people's complaints and dealings with their service..

I'll believe it when I see it... pretty sad that humble can't mention this on the bundle page and adult swim, not humble, has to tell people..

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Getting towards the end of giveaway, good luck to all who want a little more evil within their life.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Dusk Golem, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 24 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

t1cxE6r.gif
The Evil Within (Not available in Eastern Europe, South America, Russia, some Asian countries) -- MB-7B5A47BE6241A2AF - Taken by r3n4ud. 163 entrants total.

t1409603793z1.png

Unless Capcom mandated that the netcode be worse, I'd say the blame largely lies at QLOC's feet ("entirely" was perhaps a bit much as for all we know QLOC could have asked for more time but was denied). That being said, it wouldn't be fair to blame QLOC for not fixing it since it's up to Capcom to bankroll such a patch. I suppose you could say the current situation is split down the middle between the two. ;)
How is QLOC (who merely made the game compatible for PC ) to blame for the new netcode? It originated on consoles first where QLOC had no involvement, the PC port arrived approximately two months later and its flaws on PC are more or less the same as they are on consoles.

It's entirely Capcom's fault for being stingy with this revision and for being an all-around awful company nowadays.

I'll believe it when I see it... pretty sad that humble can't mention this on the bundle page and a adult swim, not humble, has to tell people..

It's posted/retweeted on the Humble twitter feeds. Really easy to find.

If they're intending to add it soon, then I don't see the point of telling people outside of support.

Tabletop Simulator Game Night - Munchkin Brawl!

Just got into this boardgame Munchkin recently and I gotta say I do enjoy it a whole bit.
Random games kinda sucks though, so anyone up for a game sometime later today?
We need 3-6 players and I have a bunch of sets (Base/Super/Star/Cthulhu/Bites/Zombie/Apocalypse) we can play.
Quote this post, PM or message me on Steam if you want in.

If you're not familiar with the game, but want in anyway, you can try this little handy demo and you can read the rules here.
We'll help you along the way too, it's pretty straightforward.

1. DunderHassan
2. Zeknurn
3. Zeknurn (friend)

QUOTED

Ozium

It's posted/retweeted on the Humble twitter feeds. Really easy to find.

If they're intending to add it soon, then I don't see the point of telling people outside of support.

If I am buying something from their website I, as a customer, shouldn't have to search through social media sites to find out about potential problems with the product I'm purchasing. It's as simple as a 2 sentence note on the bundle page. This would also save them the trouble of answering X number of support messages regarding this issue.

But I guess you don't see a point in a business informing their customers about a known issue.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom