• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Knurek

NeoGAF console warrior troll algorithm:

Code:
while (being_banned == false)
   thread.start(subforum.GAMING, 'New to PC gaming, help!')
   post.op("Hi guys, I've just switched from consoles to PC, please give some exclusive game suggestions, as I am curious what exactly is available here")
   for each (post.new == true)
      if (post.new contains 'strategy')
          post.reply.dismiss("Not interested in strategy games, they are too much like work, I want to have fun")
      if (post.new contains 'manager')
          post.reply.dismiss("I use Excel at work, also those are not really playable with a gamepad")
      if (post.new contains 'RPG')
          post.reply.dismiss("I prefer Japanese RPGs, Western games have isometric perspective which is a major turn off for me. Are there any on PCs? Sorry, I've already played Dark Souls on console)
      if (post.new contains 'FPS')
          post.reply.dismiss("I don't like playing with KB+M, this gives me cramps. Also, I heard PC gamers are cheaters and the games are full of aimbots. Not interested, sorry")
      if (post.new contains 'indie'
          post.reply.dismiss("Sorry, not interested in indie games, I just want AAA games")
  thread.conclude("Well, guys, seems there's just not much to this whole PC gaming, is there. Such a pity, I was so set on giving it a try...")

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
But....I don't like playing shooters with kb/m.

Personally, it depends. Max Payne 3 benefits because of how it demands precision, but something like Arkham Asylum is undeniably no better suited with a kb&m.

Edit: D'oh, I misread your post. Needless to say that we disagree.

Driw3r

Unconfirmed Member
http://www.neogaf.com/forum/showpost.php?p=130027223&postcount=15187
Murdered Soul Suspect
Go with the Deadly Premonition! First 2 hours may be rough, but after that...it's freaking rollercoaster with the best set of characters and amazing story. When it ended I almost cried because a) there's no sequel b) I will never play anything as good as DP.
If you have a 3DS, I've heard Attack of the Friday Monsters! is good.
Skyrim. See what I did there? Eh? EH? ...Nothin'?

I mean, a lot of games contain small towns even if they're meant to represent huge cities. But I assume you're asking about games set in modern age small-town America as opposed to fantasy, western or post-apocalyptic.

The Samaritan Paradox is a point-and-click that's mostly set in small-town Sweden. If that counts?
Thank you for suggestions! Unfortunately i don't have 3DS so i can't play that game :/ Definetly going to play Murdered: Soul Suspect at some point, looks interesting, watched some gameplay and atmosphere seems to be good with that "small town vibe".

About Deadly Premonition, i have heard so much good and bad about it that i have play it. Weird characters are always +++. And as a Twin Peaks fan i have feeling i MUST play it, whether it is technically crap or not.

Yes, i am looking games set in modern age small towns, not really fantasy themed or post-apocalyptic (but can't think many games with those themes and set only in one small town. Maybe it's hard to create a game, which is set only in one small town and keep it interesting?). Well, not really modern only, like Testament of Sherlock Holmes was. And mostly set in that one town like in Alan Wake, Bright Falls. The Samaritan Paradox looks interesting even though, i am not a big fan of old-school point and clicks with pixel graphics. But always interested in good stories! And that's one detective game more again. I wasn't particularly looking for them but looks like those are the games which are mostly set in small towns. Thanks, probably pick it up from sale at some point.

Miguel81

I'd prefer Soul Calibur or Tekken over DoA.

Sour Calibur and Virtua Fighter here. I would only needs those two series on Steam to be in fighting game bliss.

Using a controller is so innaccurate though, why would anyone bother when it takes so much less effort??

Losing the ability to jump/aim at the same time is terrible, not to mention menu management. I've tried playing Human Rev with a pad, but it was more work/time than was necessary.

MUnited83

For you.
D8zm3Vc.png

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Somehow, in the last two weeks, between the acquired games and games updating themselves, I have 15 extra games with cards drops.

These are exciting times.

derExperte

Go Go Nippon dropping foils like they're going out of style it seems. Too bad I'm market-restricted due to a refund for another week but I think I'm going to fire it up anyway and actually play.

Chariot

Steam Community is truly something else (post #10 and following including page 2). http://steamcommunity.com/app/319320/discussions/0/613936039404530406/
another one for you to do a reading video of ;)

And here we go.

wait...steam is gonna put H Games ? or its just a joke ?
They going to publish Hunie Pop - a version without explicit pictures, but it still has the sex in it, as far as I'm aware. It's a oversexed dating game after all.

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
more games need the san andreas method of eating or working out to change your character model..

fat CJ is best CJ
I hope not! Tamagotchi was one of the things I disliked most about San Andreas. I want to play as a criminal, not as a Sim.

EDIT: double post, sorry

L.O.R.D

And here we go.

They going to publish Hunie Pop - a version without explicit pictures, but it still has the sex in it, as far as I'm aware. It's a oversexed dating game after all.

i heard there is H game been developed right now
uncensored version is off steam
and steam has censored version and even don't have the H scene
don't remember the link

Ozium

just saw another dollar added to my steam wallet

ez money ez lyfe

edit: yep an emote of mine just sold for a dollar.. seventy cents profit hurrr

Asgaro

Don't need it since I never buy games below 6. And none of my cheapest wishlisted games reach that amount with the 20% off.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a 20% off one purchase code on GamersGate. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Asgaro, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

20% off one purchase code on GamersGate -- MB-403ED6587DB388BA - Taken by Tizoc. 2 entrants total.
Valid until October 12th.

t1410796996z1.png

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom