• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

iosefe

prostitution-a-smart-career-choice.jpg

?

basically

derExperte

I have the only Golden Temple foil that is currently on the market. Come on guys, it's a bargain!I wonder~

Makes me realize that despite all the crazies enthusiasts in this thread we're missing an insane badge collector. Better make it two so they could fight for our cards.

Arthea

Makes me realize that despite all the crazies enthusiasts in this thread we're missing an insane badge collector. Better make it two so they could fight for our cards.

am I not insane enough? (._.)
I don't buy newly added cards though, and I toned down all badge craft thingie, still I thought I'm insane enough at least to be considered!

REJOICE

2K WEEK AT GAMERSGATE

you kidding! We waited for it so long!
It was last week, or are they doing it again? (><)

JordanKZ

You know, when Dead Rising 3 doesn't crash every 20 minutes, its a damn fine game. Ended up downgrading my GeForce drivers just to make it run.

Not worth throwing money at a new console for... But easily better than DR2. The first one is probably still my favourite due that the odd soundtrack, the setting and being a new IP.

Now I just have to finish the entire game, get every collectable and finish all the DLC before Hyrule Warriors.

derExperte

am I not insane enough? (._.)
I don't buy newly added cards though, and I toned down all badge craft thingie, still I thought I'm insane enough at least to be considered!

Your level isn't much higher than mine and I only craft badges from time to time, mostly during sales or when I like a game. I say if you're not at least lvl100 you're an unworthy but mentally healthy badge peasant.

Arthea

Your level isn't much higher than mine and I only craft badges from time to time, mostly during sales or when I like a game. I say if you're not at least lvl100 you're an unworthy but mentally healthy badge peasant.

ya, but I'm getting there, lvl100 is my goal! I'm preparing at least.
So don't call me a peasant, damn it!
I don't mind being mentally healthy that much, though (><)

Tried playing Civ 5 seriously the first time, man the game just sucked me right in! How do I take out a city effectively with getting bombarded by arrows?

iosefe

Tried playing Civ 5 seriously the first time, man the game just sucked me right in! How do I take out a city effectively with getting bombarded by arrows?

i once took out a city with 4 rank two warrior units, and 2 i-don't-remember-what

archers and such. no siege weapons.

feels good man. i don't think i lost anyone in that battle

Arthea

you bombard back, build units for that, for every poison there is antidote. wait...
no, seriously, build ranged units and ships, if a city is coastal.

You need lots of melee units in defensible positions, probably 5+ if it's a strong, walled city. A couple archers are necessary, though they'll die easily if the city is too strong. Avoid using cavalry as they take a penalty against cities. Ships are OK, but keep in mind that only melee boats can capture the city.

What you really want is a siege weapon or two, but they need to be there and firing ASAP. Try to put them on a mountain for added defense and range. Make sure that when you engage the city it won't take too long for the siege weapons to get there AND set up.

Avoid a drawn-out war of attrition, they are unnecessary. Be decisive. If it's very heavily defended, you'll need to scale your army up appropriately. You will lose units, but with this strategy it should only take a couple turns to capture the city.

Good luck.

Jawmuncher

You know, when Dead Rising 3 doesn't crash every 20 minutes, its a damn fine game. Ended up downgrading my GeForce drivers just to make it run.

Not worth throwing money at a new console for... But easily better than DR2. The first one is probably still my favourite due that the odd soundtrack, the setting and being a new IP.

Now I just have to finish the entire game, get every collectable and finish all the DLC before Hyrule Warriors.

I love DR1 for a lot of the same reasons. Even now it's still such a unique experience.

you bombard back, build units for that, for every poison there is antidote. wait...
no, seriously, build ranged units and ships, if a city is coastal.

You need lots of melee units in defensible positions, probably 5+ if it's a strong, walled city. A couple archers are necessary, though they'll die easily if the city is too strong. Avoid using cavalry as they take a penalty against cities. Ships are OK, but keep in mind that only melee boats can capture the city.

What you really want is a siege weapon or two, but they need to be there and firing ASAP. Try to put them on a mountain for added defense and range. Make sure that when you engage the city it won't take too long for the siege weapons to get there AND set up.

Avoid a drawn-out war of attrition, they are unnecessary. Be decisive. If it's very heavily defended, you'll need to scale your army up appropriately. You will lose units, but with this strategy it should only take a couple turns to capture the city.

Good luck.
Thanks for the tips!

Turfster

Gamestop US is doing 66% off on GRID Autosport
Gamersgate is doing 75% off on Torchlight II (Torchlight too, but DRM-free)

Resurrected my Origin account to test out a key.
Now the holes in Dead Space and Mass Effect are bothering me. Damn you, EA. Not going to fill them for your lulz EU prices, though.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
This is a scheduled automated repost on behalf of Asgaro, who is running this raffle.

ModBot said:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Asgaro, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- You must have given away a game through ModBot to become eligible for this giveaway.
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

20% off one purchase code on GamersGate -- MB-403ED6587DB388BA - Taken by Tizoc. 2 entrants total.
Valid until October 12th.

t1410796996z1.png

Just finished Tomb Raider. Decided to go back and grab the last collectibles first, and it wasn't as bad as I thought, so I got my 100%. Not sure how I feel about the ending. I'm watching the cutscene and I'm thinking, "It can't be over, right? They can't end this on a QTE fight. I've gotta fight
the Sun Queen
for sure. Maybe the plan succeeded after all and
Sam actually got the power in time, she turns on me and I have to fight her.
Nope and nope. Interesting subversion of a trope where
the only people in your group who die are the white guys.
Overall it was a lot of fun, but not sure if I'll ever give the multiplayer a try.

Edit: Whew! That could have been embarrassing. I used bold tags instead of spoiler tags for a minute there.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom