• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I'm pretty sure I remember talking to you about it when the PS3 version came out. I eventually gave up as I knew I'd be getting the PC version eventually so I just went for normal.

If this was Resident Evil 6 I'd slide past them but in Revelations you just have to stand at the top, wait for the first attack, and cross your fingers you make the dodge. Or get hit and land at the bottom so you can run :p

I think I used a couple grenade at this part to stun them and run past.

But I don't mean to brag (and shouldn't, as I often make mistakes), but my evading skills in horror games is pretty decent at this point. The evade button in Revelations is very good if you know how to use it, though.

I think I used a couple grenade at this part to stun them and run past.

But I don't mean to brag (and shouldn't, as I often make mistakes), but my evading skills in horror games is pretty decent at this point. The evade button in Revelations is very good if you know how to use it, though.

Their tells are pretty easy to go off(W when they scream) but it's just gets a bit silly to wait, dodge, wait, dodge, and so on. Silent Hill 2 and 3 hard modes swarmed the areas with enemies but you usually had space to move.

Still, I'm sure I'll be able to finish it. Game looks pretty nice compared to the PS3 version and in general for its origins. Running at 2560x1440 with 4XSGSSAA so the IQ is near perfect. Shame Resident Evil 6 is giving me so many issues in regards to SGSSAA, bad IQ in that game.

Shadownet

Banned
I'd take either one.

This is the truth. Series starts a bit rough, but it eventually finds it's feet and it becomes simply amazing, easily one of the best things I have ever read.

See here.

Warning: Lots of smut.

A bit spoilery:
all the plot twists and the plans the boys come up with reminds me so much of DeathNote Lol just when you think you know what's going on. Some other stuff happen and you're like wow... That's crazy.

I can't stop reading it. Gotta keep finding out what happen in the next chapter.

I gotta say though. No manga have given me such a display of bromance and friendship before.
------

I'm still waiting for the .Hack//G.U. games to come to Steam.

Heck CyberConnect promised us a new .Hack// game like 3 years ago!!

baterism

And that Naruto looks like performing better than Civ BE. It's been on Top Sellers for quite long. Prior game seemed to also doing well. The world sure like them Narutos.

Arthea

And that Naruto looks like performing better than Civ BE. It's been on Top Sellers for quite long. Prior game seemed to also doing well. The world sure like them Narutos.
Naruto is popular, that's nothing new, although one would think that seeing Naruto popularity bamco want to release even more games, but no

I think the 30-50k figure is about petition, and I read it wrong, he said it might not be realized with 50k, so we'd need more signatures than that.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/nfvv91

more than 50k? that might be hard to achieve.

dani_dc

not even small fraction, they leave all japanocentric games on consoles, except naruto, for some reason.

That Naruto is a good start at least.

After Dark Souls and Naruto you'd think they would see a bigger market on Steam, it's very disappointing.

A bit spoilery:
all the plot twists and the plans the boys come up with reminds me so much of DeathNote Lol just when you think you know what's going on. Some other stuff happen and you're like wow... That's crazy.

I can't stop reading it. Gotta keep finding out what happen in the next chapter.

I gotta say though. No manga have given me such a display of bromance and friendship before.

Yes, the manga gets crazy and somehow manages to make you both care about the characters while still realizing how ridiculous over the top everything is. I can't think of anything else that mixes those two elements in such a perfect way, it's such an easy combination to screw up, yet Prison School pulls it perfectly.

It's just a shame, though at the same time understandable, that it's so difficult to get people to give it a shoot. I know at least two people that would love it but for some reason stray away from it.

Anyway, I sent you a friends invite if you feel like talking about the series (or just PM me), wouldn't want to further derail the thread :)

Shadownet

Banned
Anyway, I sent you a friends invite if you feel like talking about the series (or just PM me), wouldn't want to further derail the thread :)

Awesome :D I'll accept it when I wake up.
----
So is Xenosaga coming to PC or something?

I never plat Xenoblade or Xenosaga before. Know nothing about the series.

zkylon

zkylewd
oh no it's very very unlikely it'll ever come to pc

xenosaga is amazing tho but pretty hard to track down (i think the first game wasn't released in europe or na or something?) which is why it'd be awesome if they re-released it

but u know if you can find it launch it on pcsx2 asap

Ratrat

Any good split screen coop games on steam besides RE5, RE6, Borderlands and Kane and Lynch? Preferrably a fps or tps. Is the new Splinter Cell coop capable for the main campaign?

Arthea

xenosaga is amazing tho but pretty hard to track down (i think the first game wasn't released in europe or na or something?) which is why it'd be awesome if they re-released it

no, first and third game were not released in Europe, bamco enjoys screwing us immensely, you should see how they used (not) to release Tales, that's not even funny.
What I find funny that they released worst game of Saga in EU, that's some quality trolling, yet to be repeated (><)
good that PS2 had several ways to circumvent region locking, and emu did even more to that.

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me

It was one of those games that did ok critically but remained something of a cult classic.

Shadownet

Banned
Any good split screen coop games on steam besides RE5, RE6, Borderlands and Kane and Lynch? Preferrably a fps or tps. Is the new Splinter Cell coop capable for the main campaign?

Splinter Cell Blacklist is an excellent co-op game. Sadly the co-op missions are not from the campaign. They're side missions.

They're great though. I'm waiting for sale so I can buy Blacklist and beat it again.

zkylon

zkylewd
no, first and third game were not released in Europe, bamco enjoys screwing us immensely, you should see how they used (not) to release Tales, that's not even funny.
What I find funny that they released worst game of Saga in EU, that's some quality trolling, yet to be repeated (><)
good that PS2 had several ways to circumvent region locking, and emu did even more to that.
yeah that's pretty bad

it's a game that definitely warrants a rerelease at the very least just so that more people get to play it

i would love a remake thing that redoes the character models using xeno 3 artstyle but that's just not gonna happen

It was one of those games that did ok critically but remained something of a cult classic.
yup, very interesting games if you're into biblical metaphysical nonsense and mechas and swimwear

kudoboi

i actually like naruto games because of how easy they are to get into. i don't really want to remember stuff like combos etc and so i actually like naruto where you just mash a button

Shadownet

Banned
i actually like naruto games because of how easy they are to get into. i don't really want to remember stuff like combos etc and so i actually like naruto where you just mash a button

I wish all the name of all the Naruto games weren't so complicated. I can't even keep track of which order they're in anymore.

I guess thats the appeal for those games. The same applies to the DBZ Games.

Often the games are totally unbalanced though and while other fighting games are "easy to learn, hard to master" the anime-fighters dont really require any effort I would say.

Arthea

If I had to choose just one, it definitely wouldn't be DBZ. >.>

frankly speaking, I would rather have DoA on steam. And it would sell like icecream on hot summer day, especially with proper cards and backgrounds, believe me! (><)

I guess thats the appeal for those games. The same applies to the DBZ Games.

Often the games are totally unbalanced though and while other fighting games are "easy to learn, hard to master" the anime-fighters dont really require any effort I would say.

that's not entirely true, I can't remember which one of DBZ games had bloody hard story mode. I could waltz through half of it, and then I hit the wall, literally, it was too much effort required, so I abandoned it. They aren't that even.
If you talk about online play, I haven't tried that with DBZ games, actually. I think most people buy Naruto and DBZ for singleplay, as funny as it sounds.

Deitus

I give up. DLCs for Dead Rising 3 are too shotty. Just started Episode 2, saw a stupid female protagonist, 40 posters to burn, 25 medikit to find...also for some reason those posters are bugged and I need two molotov to burn them because the first one doesn't burn them all the time...so you need to find molotov too...40 times...no, just no.
I will skip them totally, waste of time.

Why would you use molotovs for that? Combo weapons breh.

wilflare

will we ever see a Capcom Humble Bundle? (my phone actually autocorrected Capcom to Cannot)

would love to catch up on all the RE (Never played any. watching my cousin play it on the PSOne caused the young me to lose sleep back then) and Remember Me

frankly speaking, I would rather have DoA on steam, and it would sell like icecream on hot summer day, especially with proper cards and backgrounds, believe me! (><)

I still cant understand why they arent on PC. Something about it being easy to implement nude mods.

Strangely though the game also offers these costumes on the consoles:

maxresdefault.jpg

04_deadoralivesexycostumes10.jpg

Tellaerin

frankly speaking, I would rather have DoA on steam. And it would sell like icecream on hot summer day, especially with proper cards and backgrounds, believe me! (><)

I'd love DoA on Steam, myself. Aside from character appeal, I think those games strike just the right balance between depth and pick-up-and-play simplicity. Hopefully we'll see more Tecmo-Koei PC ports soon.

Arthea

I'd love DoA on Steam, myself. Aside from character appeal, I think those games strike just the right balance between depth and pick-up-and-play simplicity. Hopefully we'll see more Tecmo-Koei PC ports soon.

totally agree with you about balance, these are fun to play when you are bad at them almost as much as when you are good at them.

will we ever see a Capcom Humble Bundle? (my phone actually autocorrected Capcom to Cannot)

would love to catch up on all the RE (Never played any. watching my cousin play it on the PSOne caused the young me to lose sleep back then) and Remember Me

I'm in "let's wait for Capcpom bundle camp" from the start, even if that won't happen, we can dream!

Jeez, first boss in Revelations ate about 40 shotgun shells before dying, and that was with a 60% damage boost. Infernal is rough, luckily you can just run by most enemies and I'm getting the dodge down.

Kieth and Quint are two of the worst characters in gaming history. Not quite as offensive as Rachel or Jessica, but good lord are they painfully unfunny.

After the first few posts descended into snipes about making hats I closed that tab the thread was open in. Even for such a private and out of the spotlight company like Valve you can see they transcended from just a mere game developer quite some time ago especially with some of the crazy R&D style projects various employees have taken up over the years. But that's right they're a hat factory still and all 300+ soullessly work like battery hens day in day out making new stuff for TF2, CSGO and DotA2.

Well, to be frank a lot of this could be amended if Valve wouldn't be so...exclusive with certain parts of their fandom. Don't just talk about Dota, The International, how GaaS is the future, how social features are more important than ever, how knowing how to design MP is more important than to design HL levels etc. Think about the rest of your fandom. You've left them hanging for years without any words and also talk smack about those experiences in favor of a new direction not everyone is fan of. Talk to them, calm them down, try to appease them. "Hey guys we still got you're back! Don't worry!". But alas (or not) Valve pull no punches when it comes to their direction and focus. And people like Gabe have no qualms to talk badly about SP experiences in public. Feathers are going to be ruffled.

Don't get me wrong, I like this service stuff, and they're doing good with Dota and CS, but man, looking at these last years as someone who is also a fan of their past stuff it doesn't seem like they give a shit about that part of the fandom. At all. And not even GO gets featured as much in public. This is why I say Dota fans should be grateful how Valve handles the game and pays attention to them.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom