• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Revelation's new characters brought the series back to the 90s. It' almost hard to believe how bad and out of pace all of them were in place of the series. Resident Evil 6 certainly has a dumb story, but it's dumb in the buddy cop/campy sense. Nothing particually laughable or offensive. The dialogue, character designs, and just everything about Revelations is gross.
conanoevil.jpg

Look at that piece of fucking shit, disgusting.
Conan knows how to pull off one hell of a grimace though:

igiqvk.gif

You know, when Dead Rising 3 doesn't crash every 20 minutes, its a damn fine game. Ended up downgrading my GeForce drivers just to make it run.

Not worth throwing money at a new console for... But easily better than DR2. The first one is probably still my favourite due that the odd soundtrack, the setting and being a new IP.

Now I just have to finish the entire game, get every collectable and finish all the DLC before Hyrule Warriors.
I'm surprised each time a fan of DR1 genuinely says that, regardess of subjectivity. Dead Rising 2 for its missteps still stays true to the original formula while keeping the combo weapons relatively modest, whereas 3 rips out everything unique or remotely difficult to shape itself into the bastard child of the franchise that it is. The spirit of 1 is completely lost in 3; it's just as horrifying of a sequel as the Tomb Raider reboot is with nothing but shallow modern-day AAA tropes to replace anything that made the series stand out... which is something I can't quite say about 2.

It's still pretty blue. Nothing really new to report, except this popped up a few days ago:

That wishlist button is yellow now, and turns bright yellow when you mouse over it. This looks even weirder next to the green of the cart button:

This looks awful. Why is the Skyrim text green?

Anteater

maaaan if they made a remember me 2 where I just run around neo paris and do nothing the entire game I'd play it, this game looks so good

AsfaeksBR

Steam is going Brazilian. I approve, but green and blue should be swapped.

Did Gabe Newell came up with the idea for this colors after a wax?

But I agree, Green and Blue should be swapped, but the green backgroudn should be darker. This blue is too bright!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Marlamin from SteamDB thinks it might go live this Tuesday due to some backend changes last week.

I'm also expecting
(or more aptly, dreading)
it to go live Tuesday as well.

I've tried reaching out to all of my Valve contacts to find out if that's the case, even offering to sign an NDA with them, because I'd like to take a few days off work to get Enhanced Steam updated to work with the new store layout as soon as it hits. Of course, I haven't heard word one, which also leads me to believe it'll be soon.

If it does go live tomorrow, it'll probably be this weekend before Enhanced Steam gets updated.

madjoki

I really hope it's more than color change.

Looks worth it just for Marlow Briggs and Tiny Brains. Not really familiar with that site though.

I think it's bundle site by 505 Games (publisher of Marlow Briggs and Tiny Brains).
They have had couple of bundles earlier, mostly with their own games.

Tizoc

w00t won the 20% discount coupon. Now granted I could get it for cheaper if I use some of my GMG credit but I think I'll save that for Batman AK or GTA5 :p

Yes! Going to get me some Marlow Briggs. It was so hyped during the summer sale.

You couldn't dish out $1 for it during the summer sale :p

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I really hope it's more than color change..

There will definitely be more involved than a color change, but I expect that the top menu will be the same as it is now (but colored differently). It wouldn't make sense for them to code all those CSS changes for the top menu and then not use it.

Nzyme32

I'm also expecting

I've tried reaching out to all of my Valve contacts to find out if that's the case, even offering to sign an NDA with them, because I'd like to take a few days off work to get Enhanced Steam updated to work with the new store layout as soon as it hits. Of course, I haven't heard word one, which also leads me to believe it'll be soon.

If it does go live tomorrow, it'll probably be this weekend before Enhanced Steam gets updated.

I'm sure people would be perfectly understanding of that eventuality. I imagine plenty of things will be a bit wonky on Valve's end anyway so perhaps it would make more sense by the weekend if they are doing anything

Lomax

I hope that they will find a way to give out keys for those who currently own it through the official website, but Microsoft has not done anything like that before iirc.

The only way Microsoft will bother putting it on Steam is if they assume they can get people to buy it there again, otherwise they won't bother.

kudoboi

MAAAAARRRRLOOOOWWW

i had no idea i even owned marlow briggs -.-

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (kudoboi, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death -- MB-9D4D3F24E48814FC - Taken by Gunstarheroes

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
The only way Microsoft will bother putting it on Steam is if they assume they can get people to buy it there again, otherwise they won't bother.

There's demand for a Steam version and I'm sure MS is aware of this. Notch just never bothered because he was making more than enough selling it directly, but it's not his call any more.

I hope Valve also pushes out the new two factor authentications tomorrow along with the site update. Maybe they'll also release an update to the Android app?

jshackles

I hope Valve also pushes out the new two factor authentications tomorrow along with the site update. Maybe they'll also release an update to the Android app?

We can all dream...

Lomax

There's demand for a Steam version and I'm sure MS is aware of this. Notch just never bothered because he was making more than enough selling it directly, but it's not his call any more.

Yeah, I think Notch saw Steam as something that would cannibalize their direct sales (and he probably would have felt obligated to do the "right thing" and give existing customers keys), whereas I think Microsoft will see Steam as a way to get PC gamers to double dip (Minecraft: Special Steam Edition with achievements and workshop support incoming).

I'm also expecting

I'm no expert... but do you really think you'll have a lot to change? If it's just a cosmetic change (i.e., CSS) then the underlying logic should be intact...

EDIT: typo.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
ffff.

Depression comes in waves. Some waves are worse than others.

Here's something that might you cheer you up:

Apparently Rebellion now owns the original AvP:

Changed publisher – Fox Interactive › Rebellion 21 minutes ago

This is notable because Fox also owns the sequel... but it too may now be in Rebellion's hands. DocSeuss' dream may come true after all. ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom