• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
SHANTAE ON WEEKLONG DEALS, BUY BUY BUY

Edit: Oh man, Sakura Spirits is on sale too. And so is the Dreamcast collection. And Claire. Weeklong doesn't suck too bad at all this week.

Turfster

Daily Deus Ex HR DC 75% off
Weeklong deals are active

Humble free game: Receiver
Humble day 8
  • Hitman Absolution 5€
  • Goat Simulator 5€
  • Total War Grand Master Collection 70€
  • Olliolli 8€
  • Sacred Citadel 0.8€
  • Saints Row IV 13.32€
  • Rising Storm 4.5€
  • Dungeon Defenders 6€
  • Octodad 4€
  • Overgrowth 18€
  • Proteus 1.6€
  • The Typing of the Dead 4.5€
  • Expeditions Conquistador 4€
  • Consortium 5.5€
  • Shadowgrounds Survivor 0.8€
  • Knight Squad 6€
  • Retro/Grade 0.8€
  • Shattered Planet 8.24€
  • Edna & Harvey The Breakout 3.74€
  • Mount & Blade Warband Napoleonic Wars 2€

Nabs

I wonder if that Sega patch will go out soon for those Dreamcast games. 25% is sure shitty, especially from Sega.

edit: I guess it did go out.

Space Channel has proper resolution support, and better controller support. Looks like Sega still gives a fuck.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I'm not expert... but do you really think you'll have a lot to change? If it's just a cosmetic change (i.e., CSS) then the underlying logic should be intact...

It'll be much more than a cosmetic change - I expect I'll have to revisit at least 90% of the existing functions because a) they rely on certain DOM objects existing that may not exist and b) the location of these DOM objects will most likely change and finally c) Enhanced Steam mimics a lot of the current store's look and feel and a lot of these features will need to be updated to "fit in".

It'll be a pretty massive undertaking. My only hope is that the new store doesn't cause Enhanced Steam to inhibit functionality. If that's the case, people will have to start disabling it to get Steam to work, until it's updated.

Lomax

SHANTAE ON WEEKLONG DEALS, BUY BUY BUY

Edit: Oh man, Sakura Spirits is on sale too. And so is the Dreamcast collection. And Claire. Weeklong doesn't suck too bad at all this week.

Dreamcast collection is more than twice as much as it was on sale for on GMG last week.

Jawmuncher

It's moments like this i'm glad Gmod exists.
gmod__dino_crisis_by_kawaiiastrix-d5qp592.png

So. If anyone cant get their Receiver key, here is also one:

ModBot 2 said:
Instructions for Chairmanchuck:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Chairmanchuck, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Receiver -- MB-687F95BDFC1FE63B - Taken by CrunchyFrog

Benedict

Choose wisely hen.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Benedict:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Benedict, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible

Marlow Briggs and the Mask of Death -- MB-A7E68EA338E709DE - Taken by nightstorm
Battlepaths -- MB-6F9D98E55037929D - Taken by orthodoxy1095

I wonder if that Sega patch will go out soon for those Dreamcast games. 25% is sure shitty, especially from Sega.

edit: I guess it did go out.

Space Channel has proper resolution support, and better controller support. Looks like Sega still gives a fuck.

What does the patch will improve/fix?

It'll be much more than a cosmetic change - I expect I'll have to revisit at least 90% of the existing functions because a) they rely on certain DOM objects existing that may not exist and b) the location of these DOM objects will most likely change and finally c) Enhanced Steam mimics a lot of the current store's look and feel and a lot of these features will need to be updated to "fit in".

It'll be a pretty massive undertaking. My only hope is that the new store doesn't cause Enhanced Steam to inhibit functionality. If that's the case, people will have to start disabling it to get Steam to work, until it's updated.

Well, if they start messing with the DOM tree... yeah, you're in for some fun...

Enco

It's just a screenshot someone had set up.
If this was a actual mod I would have been all over this.
Disappointing :(

Still, GMod has been one of the most fun multiplayer games I've experienced.

Trouble in Terrorist town is unsurpassed for tension in a game.

Sneaking around and trying to murder people, hide the evidence and survive is absolutely thrilling.

kudoboi

Disappointing :(

Still, GMod has been one of the most fun multiplayer games I've experienced.

Trouble in Terrorist town is unsurpassed for tension in a game.

Sneaking around and trying to murder people, hide the evidence and survive is absolutely thrilling.

agreed. trouble in terrorist town needs to be a standalone
running in source 2 :D

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Well, if they start messing with the DOM tree... yeah, you're in for some fun...

I'm definitely in for some fun. Just to get the screenshots of the new store I've posted so far working I've had to manipulate the hell out of the DOM tree (with the exception of the top navigation menu).

A few new currencies are going live tomorrow at least (although these have been kinda-sorta patched in to Enhanced Steam already) but the store update will require a huge amount of time to get working with ES.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom