• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
So is it region free or not.
Was about to buy it but realized it's not out until Oct 9th.
Thought it would be out today.

The NE sub is region-free, which means traders can buy it using the cross-region purchasing trick, but it doesn't include support for Japanese.

Jasec what (NE) at means, it goes like this:
Pre-Purchase FINAL FANTASY XIII (NE)

do you know?

I'd guess North America/Europe.

def sim

I'm actually going to get to play a modern Final Fantasy game. I've heard bad things, but that only make me more curious to try it out for myself.

JaseC

vermadas

I would love to see them bring FF VI over. Unfortunately, it will probably be a port of the mobile version with the horribly reimagined sprites and textures.

Almost here!
capsule_616x353.jpg

http://steamdb.info/app/292120/subs/
http://store.steampowered.com/app/292120/
$15.99
Super cheap starting price! Can't imagine how low it's gonna drop in the future o_O
My patience is ready.
The following Asian languages are supported by the version of this game released for Japan and the rest of Asia.
Subtitles and interface: Japanese, Chinese (traditional), Korean, English
Voiceover: Japanese
Heavily locked:
onlyallowrunincountries JP MN KR TW LA TH HK VN PH BN MY SG ID KH MO
So wait, I could buy the JP version and get in on my account but when trying to run it, I would need to setup a VPN to JP region to be able to start it?
So no way to get JP voices outside of said regions? That's so, so stupid. Is there anything holding people off from just swapping the audio files from the EU/NA versions with the JP versions? Would that work that easy?

aku:jiki

I ended up using my 25% off Iron Fisticle coupon, and it's actually pretty great! I don't have enough thoughts to write actual text so here's some pros and cons:

+ Nice graphics! Very Amiga-styled pixel graphics, reminds me a lot of the style used in Chaos Engine except all the sprites are small.
+ Same for the music. It's Amiga-ish type chiptunes, so not as low-fi (and grating) as NES-style tunes.
+ Solid double-stick shooter mechanics. Zero complaints with the controls. Native controller support, plays well with 360 pad.
+ Enemy onslaught is pretty intense! First few rooms only throw maybe 50 enemies at you, but as early as the 3rd floor you'll be chopping up hundreds of zombies in each room, while dodging bullets and moving spike traps.
+ Nice leveling system. It has all kinds of unlocks, both temporary and permanent. It seems like there's a lot of leveling potential and the endgame will hopefully be a lot more intense than the beginning is.
+ It has 9 cards and they're currently going for around €0,20 each!

- It uses Rogue Legacy-style progression. This is mostly fine since your starting damage and rate of fire are decent enough for the first few floors, but your movement speed is pathetic! If it's impossible to pick up all the loot the boss drops before it fades away, you dun goofed your player movement speed.
- I don't understand the way they stop you from moving in certain directions. For example, the first floor of the dungeon is a 3x3 square of rooms and you start in the top left room. You'd think the best strategy from there is to move in a Z-formation to hit every room and maximize your chances of good drops, but the game just stops you from doing that by randomly blocking access to certain rooms. I can't seem to grasp the logic of when a room is locked, so it gets to be pretty annoying, especially when there are "special" rooms you will want to visit and suddenly the path to them is blocked.

Arthea

Combat is very easy, achieve 5 stars in almost each fight is way too easy.

Not in hunts, it isn't, unless you are overleveled or something, what's not really possible in FF13. I mean if you don't wait with hunts for the end of the game, it's fun, believe me.

The NE sub is region-free, which means traders can buy it using the cross-region purchasing trick, but it doesn't include support for Japanese.

I'd guess North America/Europe.

I never have seen it used on steam before, but you probably right, what else could it be?
not edible, perhaps? (><)

FloatOn

I'm on the fence with FF13. I couldn't even tolerate The Last Remant.

I feel like the modern jrpg is just terrible.

I'm hoping FF15 fixes that, but we'll see.

JaseC

So wait, I could buy the JP version and get in on my account but when trying to run it, I would need to setup a VPN to JP region to be able to start it?
So no way to get JP voices outside of said regions? That's so, so stupid. Is there anything holding people off from just swapping the audio files from the EU/NA versions with the JP versions? Would that work that easy?

You could also run the game in Offline Mode or use the steam_appid.txt trick, but not all games support offline achievements and the latter would disable Steamworks functionality entirely since you're not playing the game Steam thinks you are.

Arthea

tLR is nothing like FF13, it's actually a good game, and combat is amazing in tLR, but FF13 is much more accessible game than FF13, so you might like it more.

Tizoc

BMMPjFB.png

What. Am. I. Doing!?!?!?

Oh well cheers jshacks and Idle Master.

I still think it is the weakest of the FF games, but hopefully you'll like the combat system =)

Oh BTW Jase 2 of the characters in the game have sexy Australian accents, and it has a whacko ass 'collectable' trophies of sorts.

Ha I played the last remnant and I quit after about an hour and a half. Really boring and and I have dozens of better games to play. Good thing I got it in that se bundle from way back

Shadownet

Banned
I updated my seller spreadsheet with the price for Final Fantasy XIII.

the game isn't lock yet. So if you are planning on getting the game from a Russian. now its the time to do it.

Dr Dogg

I still think it is the weakest of the FF games, but hopefully you'll like the combat system =)

Oh BTW Jase 2 of the characters in the game have sexy Australian accents, and it has a whacko ass 'collectable' trophies of sorts.

It took me just over 3 years to finish this on PS3 and 'tolerate' you be a massive overstatement about my feelings towards the cast. Still stupid resolution and framerate is a big lure and fingers crossed by buying this drivel XII IZJS might one day come to Steam. Well I fucking hope so anyway.

Jawmuncher

If we get some cool mods ill actually play it again.

wilflare

I updated my spreadsheet with the price for Final Fantasy XIII.

the game isn't lock yet. So if you are planning on getting the game from a Russian. now its the time to do it.

what is this.. spreadsheet :O

what's the RU price in the end.
but that Jap voiceover :/

JaseC

Saoirse Ronan's Irish accent > every Australian accent. I'm probably biased considering I'm surrounded by the latter every day. ;) But I do like my collectables!

Shadownet

Banned
Saoirse Ronan's Irish accent > every Australian accent. I'm probably biased considering I'm surrounded by the latter every day. ;) But I do like my collectables!

Look at that avatar! D: Why can't I find one like it of Elizabeth. I'm so jello right now.

I love it JaseC

JaseC

what is this.. spreadsheet :O

what's the RU price in the end.
but that Jap voiceover :/

$7.76 + a tip. Technically the tip is optional, but you should at least add 10c on top to account for variance as the aforementioned prices is cost price -- there's no profit margin in it.

Why am I paying one dollar less for a region locked copy? Yeah fuck you SE, gonna wait for the inevitable sale.

Oh wait it's the same price, smh.

Lain

Today wasn't that great of a day all considered, but then I learn that FFXIII is up for pre-order on Steam through glancing over some twits and my day became awesome and I now own another copy of the game.

I wish it was all 3 games together but fuck it, even 1 at a time is OK.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom