• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Evil Within looking like a solid port

eSwtKK5.png

That's great to see in a world where certain developers are claiming stupid things like 30fps being a design choice and people defending this as "their vision". Give the choice to the players.

So they want to sell me a season pass for a mode in Alien Isolation I'm not even sure I want to play, and then they don't even get the image for the pass to actually work nor do they add any description on the steam store page for said pass.

Yeah, I'll buy it, says the flipping idiot I've turned out to be.

I hate everything.

So they want to sell me a season pass for a mode in Alien Isolation I'm not even sure I want to play, and then they don't even get the image for the pass to actually work nor do they add any description on the steam store page for said pass.

Yeah, I'll buy it, says the flipping idiot I've turned out to be.

I hate everything.

Why are you buying it before even trying out the mode? 1 Map is available in the normal game so you can see how you like it and then decide if its worth it.

Why are you buying it before even trying out the mode? 1 Map is available in the normal game so you can see how you like it and then decide if its worth it.

I'm ready, man, check it out. I am the ultimate badass! State of the badass art! You do NOT wanna fuck with me. Check it out! Hey Chairmanchuk, don't worry. Me and my squad of ultimate badasses will protect you! Check it out! Independently targeting particle beam phalanx. Vwap! Fry half a city with this puppy. We got tactical smart missiles, phase-plasma pulse rifles, RPGs, we got sonic electronic ball breakers! We got nukes, we got knives, sharp sticks...

Turfster

No Japanese voices for FFXIII, no sale.
(Yes, I know, "oh noez teh reverse importz", but that really shouldn't be a problem in this case)

Also, Bundlestars Immortal Bundle
Price: 3.59€
  • Adventurezator When Pigs Fly
  • Castleminer Z
  • Claustrophobia
  • Dawn of Fantasy
  • FATE
  • Night of the Rabit
  • Solar Flux
  • Stick RPG 2
  • Majesty Gold HD
  • Third Eye Crime

Time to trade FFXIII in for like $2. Any sign of the rest of the lightning games?

Yeah. I thought they release the whole trilogy, didnt they? At least it showed there on the image yesterday.

I'm kind of surprised that most of the thread seems so excited for FFXIII. I thought it was pretty much universally hated.

Heard FF13-2 and Lightning are "okay".

And I think most people are excited because it could mean more S-E titles on Steam like FF15.

madjoki

No Japanese voices for FFXIII, no sale.
(Yes, I know, "oh noez teh reverse importz", but that really shouldn't be a problem in this case)

Seems to be groupped by areas.

The following Asian languages are supported by the version of this game released for Japan and the rest of Asia.

Subtitles and interface: Japanese, Chinese (traditional), Korean, English
Voiceover: Japanese

It's ~$14.90 in Japan.

Heavily locked:
onlyallowrunincountries JP MN KR TW LA TH HK VN PH BN MY SG ID KH MO

Enthus

I'm just glad there is some breathing room between this release and IV. The main reason I never beat XIII is it came out around when I built a new pc, so I'm going to try it again.

kiyomi

I'll probably get FFXIII just to finish it (never did on PS3) and to support future FF games on the platform.

Plus I'm hoping with some downsampling and stuff it could look really nice.

Zafir

Nice. Will definitely buy. The odd thing is it doesn't list controller support. One would assume it would have it though.

In other news, dunno if it was posted but the Stomping Land finally got an update -
http://steamcommunity.com/app/263440/discussions/0/616188473162718032/

September 18 - UE4 and Puertasaurus Update
jig, it has been over 3 months, what's the situation?
The launch of Unreal Engine 4 was perfectly timed with The Stomping Land. Not only would the switch solve many standing technical issues(like a low-level mouse projection error on the Oculus Rift version of UDK, preventing the foliage cosmetics from being selectable/working), but it would enable me to rework some broad optimizations that only became apparent when players were flooding into the servers. It was early enough into the project where this switch seemed feasible in just a few months of hard crunching. But just after 3 months, the amount of coverage still needed to be done is now surpassing the time that would justify this kind of upgrade. Ultimately I am glad that I made the push, because now the reality of moving to UE4 is foreseeable, just not in the immediate future. Moving forward, I'll be continuing development with the UDK version of the game up unto completion, and treading alongside slowly will be UE4's transition. As soon as it is up to speed, the UE4 version will be a free update for those who already own the game. While this did present a few months delay, the end product will be a far more satisfying project.

What is the plan with updates?
It is every developer's dream to have a perfect and predictable development cycle, but there is always that unanticipated idea or speedbump ready to throw a rock in the ant-pile. While it is impossible to promise a perfect stream of updates, I can say that there won't be any gaps longer than a few weeks, if that. And for those who stick around, you'll see what I'm up to weekly either here or the social media pages, etc.

Does the dev team still exist?
The main development team has always been intact, including myself on core development, Vlad and his partner are still rocking the dinosaurs, Kole has made more awesome sound effects than I know what to do with, and Rodrigo is still our main concept artist. Temporary members have been in and out since the beginning of the project, but such is the case for any development team. There is plenty of room for new long-term additions-- it's finding the right people which is the tough part.

Not many players are currently active.
Perhaps one day Stomp will reach its potential and draw players back in with awesome/interesting updates. Even then, until a proper solution to PVP has been crafted, maybe having fewer other hunters around will make a more enjoyable experience.

Will new players be able to buy The Stomping Land on Steam?
With enough updates, it is very likely that Stomp will become available again on Steam. Its current standing is due to the break, but it is not permanent. Still, there will be ongoing updates for those who already have it.

What can I expect from the future of The Stomping Land?
All of the awesome dinosaurs, experimental ideas and hilarious mechanics that give The Stomping Land such great potential.

When is the next update?
Right now! http://www.thestompingland.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=19&t=5059

Hugstable

Banned
Hoooly shit both the best version of Final Fantasy IV and now Final Fatasy 13 are both coming to Steam!?!? I had mkbey in my steam wallet for Evil Within, but kt miggt ha e tk wait cause I actually kinda like FFXIII for its battle system, amd Final Fantasy IV DS version was easily the best and most challenging version of IV. I wonder if this means we are getting XV?

While ff13's story is terrible and it doesn't really get good till about 20 hours in, it has a fantastic battle system and is easily one of the best looking games of last gen.

Should look real freaking good on pc running at 60 fps and high res. shit, might actually go day one on this.

Deitus

I'm kind of surprised that most of the thread seems so excited for FFXIII. I thought it was pretty much universally hated.

Not universally, no. It has a very large and vocal group of detractors, and I'd say it's among the less liked games in the series. But there are still tons of people who at least enjoyed the game (and a few diehard fans).

That being said, most of the excitement you are seeing in this thread is more the idea of FFXIII getting on Steam, than actually wanting to play the game. If Square is porting it's high profile recent titles to PC, and if the rest of the XIII trilogy follows this game, then there is a good chance that XV, and future SE titles will make it onto Steam as well.

Edit: Though I'm sure there are also people who passed on the game originally, who would want to pick it up on a Steam sale.

Just played the demo of Hard Reset.

How is the whole game? I really enjoyed the demo at least. There's plenty of room to maneuver in and it's fun to blow up things in the environment against the enemies.
The plot seems quite simple, but I don't mind.

Seen at least a couple of people mention it as a good FPS in some threads here, but I'd like to hear more opinions if possible.

Sober

Fuck yeah, Roundabout is out on Steam now. It's like 5 gigs though, must be all the FMVs, hah.

Just played the demo of Hard Reset.

How is the whole game? I really enjoyed the demo at least. There's plenty of room to maneuver in and it's fun to blow up things in the environment against the enemies.
The plot seems quite simple, but I don't mind.

Seen at least a couple of people mention it as a good FPS in some threads here, but I'd like to hear more opinions if possible.
There are more upgrades in the full game but yeah it's a shooter in the vein of old school shooters were they throw enemies at you and you run backwards and murder them all. Like Serious Sam, etc.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom