• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2014 - Nice thread. Btw, Bayonetta 2 is out next month.

Status
Not open for further replies.
In RDR's case apparently it isn't feasible to port the game as they would have to rebuild it from scratch. And the games consoles sales were not particularly strong. Apparently the now former developers did a poor job.

Wasn't the first one debunked? Also, didn't it sell 15m+?

_Ryo_

I don't know where else to ask this and Google wasn't much help to be honest so here it goes.

Is there a way to download Windows Games on Steam for Linux and actually launch those games in Wine, without installing the Steam for Windows client through wine?

Steam on Wine downloads really slowly, like 1kps slow.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
image.php

Wowzers!

And the interview it's from just went up! ;) It's much shorter than I was expecting... just as well I didn't fork out the $20.

Final Fantasy IV DS (with the fixed difficulty) is by far the best Final Fantasy guys k sorry just buy that mmkay thx

Of course it is. Of course it is. ;)

how much Sleeping Dogs Collection on steam now ?
my isp blocked the page for that game

14.5/15 keys.

Alright guys and gals, the most important release of September is upon us.

That's right, the hotly-anticipated Age of Wonders 3 expansion, Golden Realms, is here.
Most notably, it adds a new race (Halflings) & campaign (focused on the Halflings), two new scenarios, and WILD MAGIC to the game. There are also new several new gameplay mechanics and a handful of content additions beyond this.

The base game itself received a massive patch in conjunction with the release, balancing, fixing, and adding all sorts of stuff. Seriously, it is huge.

And to top it the good news off, everything Age of Wonders is on sale!
Golden Realms is USD$9.59 (-20% off regular price)
AoW3 is USD$19.99 (-50% off regular price)

Both sales last until Sept 22. The other DLC(s) are also -20% off.

Not a spambot, just a fan. I guess you could call me an airbot... if you were mean.

finally, got rid of my .5 key. Managed to get FFXIII for ~$10, just right at my sweet spot :D The cards should also help offset the price, since it's almost anime.

yuraya

Honestly this 16$ price tag, perhaps quite a huge mistake from square. I would have instabought at 30$. Pricing it the same as the recently re-released FFIV and FFIII seem extremely stupid considering how much more recent it is.

Its not worth 30$. The PS360 version on Amazon is going for roughly similar price range. Square has no reason to rip people off. That is UbiActisoft's job.

Deques

Now that FFXIII is so certain going to be released in Steam. What are the chances that FFXIII-2 and FFXIII-3 follow the same path?

JaseC

iosefe

i honestly don't expect a port of Tactics for the very reason that there is a mobile version already, and it appears that these new port are all for Dive in

then again, the stealth release of IV says otherwise. so i'll get hyped anyway

So is there any cheapass way to get FF13?

It's going for 4.5-5 tf2 keys, which is anywhere between $10-12 depending on how you get your keys and how much you give for the game.

i honestly don't expect a port of Tactics for the very reason that there is a mobile version already, and it appears that these new port are all for Dive in

they've ported FFIII and FFIV from mobile and also Deus Ex: The Fall from their western mobile releases. Not as weird as you'd think.

The Lightning trilogy of Final Fantasy games is coming to PC. Anything is possible now.

Believe.

Remember everyone, we are now 1 step closer to Final Fantasy Tactics on Steam!

It's a shame that it's Square that happens to have their tight little grip on that game. I'm not much for JRPGs anymore, but SRPGs are another story. There is such potential in that game + Steam Workshop that it's almost scary. The relatively simple and block-like construction of levels would make user added non-story levels super easy to create. And giving people the ability to tweak / balance / and add to the skill tree would also be incredible.

Honestly this 16$ price tag, perhaps quite a huge mistake from square. I would have instabought at 30$. Pricing it the same as the recently re-released FFIV and FFIII seem extremely stupid considering how much more recent it is.
Nah its smart. They're trying to get money off the PC gamers who've been fortunate enough to have never played ff13. But with all the negative opinions
(facts)
of the game they're trying to counter with a low price point. Read my word people, don't buy that game. Only way that game would ever appear in my library is if someone pranked me and gifted me that game.

Nah its smart. They're trying to get money off the PC gamers who've been fortunate enough to have never played ff13. But with all the negative opinions
(facts)
of the game they're trying to counter with a low price point. Read my word people, don't buy that game. Only way that game would ever appear in my library is if someone pranked me and gifted me that game.

that sounds like a stealth-beg to me.

JaseC

I thought by now Dota 2 pre-order items would overthrow TF2 items, but guess not.

I made quite the pretty penny from my Thief item pack thanks to its novelty of being the first third-party promo item.

14 keys ?
i saw it in outpost for 4 keys

Oh, since you mentioned no longer being able to access the store page, I assumed cheaper copies had dried up and you were after the current base price.

Teeth

I haven't played any Final Fantasy newer than VIII. Is XIII good?

It is literally a string of fights separated by walking down a single linear path. The fights are generally pretty interesting. They operate closer to a mini-RTS/management simulator. Occasionally they are quite challenging. Since there are a set number of fights for each area, and level progression is gated by storyline/chapter transitions, you can not over-level and blow through fights, you actually have to employ the strategies the nooks and crannies of the fight system. I liked that.

Punctuating every 10 fights or so, there is a 3-8 minute cutscene with beautiful characters saying little of interest. To truly understand the story, you will have to read lore recaps that open up after every major cutscene.

Most hated it, but taken for what it was (I consider it like a micro-RTS Shining Force game, just a series of interesting fights), I squeezed a decent amount of enjoyment from it. The tremendous visuals and absolutely amazing soundtrack made up a lot of that enjoyment though.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Bioshock 2 -- MB-E3516E4E7B2552C5 - Taken by Patison. 3 entrants total.

t1411073126z1.png

derExperte

But isn't FF13 shit? The one with the loooong corridors aka level 'design' everyone made fun of while the few fans kept saying 'keep playing, becomes fun after 50hrs'?

I'm curious as to why FF13 isn't showing up in my games list in the client. My other two preorders show up as "coming soon", but FF13 isn't even there. But my game count went up. Weird.

finally I can play this in HD, I'd only played the 360 version before.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom