• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
GUNFaTD.png

aw yeah

Teggy

Well my
xbone
copy of MGS was not shipped until today from the MS store so I guess I will be waiting. I suppose I can try to rescue some more prisoners from GZ.

Sch1sm

I even wrote about GMP (and what it actually stands for) in the recommendation for the OP :(

I got you. c:

Dr Dogg said:
Of course Mother Base isn’t run on sunshine and tummy rubs as these things cost money, Gross Military Product or GMP in the currency which you acquire depending on your mission performance, optional objectives, and other factors (in Peace Walker your combat team played a big part in the amount you made). Like Peace Walker you can also send your recruits out with you controlling them on Side Ops instead of Big Boss with some of them benefiting from unique skills such as spotting resources more easily or gathering more materials at a time.

Maniac

Banned
TPP crashes every few minutes for me... #Rekt, anyone got a clue what might be causing it? Cause I sure as hell haven't the slightest. -_-

That MGS 5 opening was a lot of fun. I'm really glad I went into this blind (didn't watch any trailers or game play). There were no set expectations/hype and I'm enjoying the opening sequences thus far. Game runs really nicely for me on my modest hardware too.

I'm hoping to see some impressions from those of you who have gotten Mad Max.

Teggy

am i a bad gamer for not really being excited about TPP? the metal gear series just has never really clicked with me

Of course not. Metal Gear is definitely not for everyone. I'm one of those people who is only sort of into Metal Gear. I've always dreaded the boss fights, and I didn't finish Peace Walker and have hardly played either 3 or 4. But I like stealth games a lot and this is the first MG with a very modern control scheme and so I enjoyed Ground Zeroes.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
KILLING FLOOR 2 - Incinerate ‘N Detonate Update
1 SEPTEMBER - [TW]SCHNEID

Killing Floor 2: Incinerate 'N Detonate Release Trailer

Adding more than 50% more content to the game, available now players will be able to further explore the horrific world of KILLING FLOOR 2 with brand new content and features including the following:
  • 2 New Perks – Firebug and Demolitions, each with new weapons and grenades
  • 2 New Maps – Evacuation Point and Catacombs
  • New Weapons – More arsenal to destroy Zeds with such as the Dual 9mm Pistols
  • Crossover Promotions:
    • For players who own Chivalry – Playable Knight character with the Zweihänder sword
    • For players who own Red Orchestra 2 – Anton Strasser playable character
  • NVIDIA PhysX Flex Technology – Featured for the first time ever in a game, KILLING FLOOR 2 incorporates this ground-breaking new technology (for NVIDIA GeForce 770’s and above cards)
  • Berserker Skill Tree – Complete overhaul revamps the Berserker skill tree to a whole new level
  • After Action Report – New system adding Team Awards, Personal Stats and Map Voting
    • Map Voting allows players to vote on the next map, winning map travels to server after
    • Kick Voting allows players to vote kick a player from the map
  • New Achievements
  • Zed Hit Zones – Allows Areas on the Zeds to have different hit effects and vulnerabilities based on different zones
  • New Steam Workshop functionality
  • General Fixes and Improvements:
    • Audio Fixes – Huge overhaul to improve audio system
    • Old map and skill tree refinements such as the Commando skill tree
  • And Much More!

Pachimari

The Phantom Pain runs like smooth butter on my PC, everything at Extra High settings.
Actually, I think I might have forgotten to turn on HBAO+ - how do I do that in GeForce Experience?

Dr Dogg

Flex could be awesome in a game like Killing Floor seeing as it's a whole host of things like rigid and soft bodies as well as particles and fluids and how they interact with one another. Has the potential for blood, gibs and smoke fucking everywhere!

Call me nuts (and some of you will) but Syndicate is starting to look visually better than Unity now with newer footage. Alright that Evie Gamescom gameplay segment still looked a little rough around the edges but I imagine that trailer has a bit of extra polish here and there. Hopefully the final release lives up to that but damn does the sun setting over St Paul's look awesome.

Parsnip

First impression of Phantom Pain... They took out the action B and shooter B control types that were in GZ. :( I was using action B, mainly because it swapped the dolphin dive and CQC buttons, and I would have preferred that.

-10/10, time to refund.

Stallion Free

Cock Encumbered
The man who sent his game to Gabe Newell in a briefcase

Was probably not the best way to send that stuff. It's possible they disposed of it immediately. If not and they looked at it, then it's uncool of them to not answer.
What an idiot. Valve doesn't owe him a response either. He isn't special and they have a system in place for everyone to submit their games as the guy eventually figured out. Adam of Minerva Metastasis fame pre-dates that system.

Grief.exe

am i a bad gamer for not really being excited about TPP? the metal gear series just has never really clicked with me

At this point, not bring excited for AAA games means you have better taste.

I'm loving MGSV though. Kojima always nails gameplay depth.

TPP crashes every few minutes for me... #Rekt, anyone got a clue what might be causing it? Cause I sure as hell haven't the slightest. -_-

There is a beta patch that reduces crashes for certain CPUs, opt in.

Turfster

Haha. Glad I went in on that Humble Bundle. You were too right on the scaling of difficulty, too. Just at the end of Chapter 2 now. THOSE DOGS? I wasn't ready. I really wasn't ready.
It really is a damn great game.

Fury Road is available in EU.

No they're not.
Licensing rules and contracts are incredibly stupid and arcane.

Of course not.
Hypers gonna hype.
Just ignore it.

I've never caught up on multiple pages this quickly.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Wife's going to the movies with one of her friends tonight

TPP fresh installed

Bottle of Ardbeg 10 years single malt available

Yes

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom