• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Arthea

The one that matter.

nah, 5 is great too, I was waiting for steam release to replay it

edited: what's up with steam today, I can't buy it, infamous failed initiation, try in few minutes glitch is back?
Oh well, no rush, two weeks still till release.

Eternia

vOl9wQG.jpg

FINAL FANTASY V
The coolest Final Fantasy but I've forgotten how ugly the mobile version is.

those sprites are pretty hideous, i wish it had the same cutesy low-fi 3d artstyle from ff4

i actually never played this one, i played the one you could change jobs that was also called 5 that had the like really lame generic story

i should just buy ff4, i love all about this

ss_be188a02bc984123a3b6d2b0528dae43eb968f02.1920x1080.jpg
That's just as bad as FFV mobile version's art though. :(

Lost all the charm from the SNES game.

There's the unofficial controller support mods out there for some of the games. Seems to be pretty good.

Still going to hold off for the eventual complete package remaster though. Those bioware points, man

And damn, they're bringing those rpgmaker ff games over. Stinks that some folks will never know these games any other way

But a complete ME package will be Origin only, wont it?

ME 1&2 is currently 75% off on Steam, was thinking about getting those.

Omega

Banned
I wish Phantom Pain had a demo, curious to see how my system would handle it. AMD Phenom X4 3.1 Ghz, Radeon 7850, 8 gb RAM.

Ground Zeroes, someone has to have a spare copy somewhere.

TPP probably runs a little better as well oddly enough, or so it seems. I had a few drops to 58fps on GZ but never go below 80 on TPP.

Still going to hold off for the eventual complete package remaster though. Those bioware points, man
Never going to happen. EA makes more than enough money from their yearly roster updates, they don't need remasters.

Jawmuncher

I prefer the sprites including the FF5&6 mobile look, to those chibis in 3&4. Though funny enough I love the look of bravely default.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
those sprites are pretty hideous, i wish it had the same cutesy low-fi 3d artstyle from ff4

i actually never played this one, i played the one you could change jobs that was also called 5 that had the like really lame generic story

i should just buy ff4, i love all about this

ss_be188a02bc984123a3b6d2b0528dae43eb968f02.1920x1080.jpg

This was still much better:

maxresdefault.jpg

Turfster

Daily Call of Juarez Gunslinger 75% off
Weekend
  • Bamco Publisher Weekend up to 75% off
  • Witcher 3 30% off
  • XCOM Enemy Unknown 80% off FREE WEEKEND
  • Saints Row Franchise up to 80% off FREE WEEKEND
Humble summer sale last day

Phawx

xposting from indie thread, game released on Steam today.

My Quick Look on Cross Of The Dutchman:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=C-MIPhvWtzw

ss_6d7fcc52b2fd1bef0d7a0ce5dae984d054086a76.600x338.jpg

Quick Impressions: Imagine Torchlight or Diablo but remove the item hunt, focus on the hack and slash, and base it on the legend of Pier Gerlofs Donia and what you have is Cross of the Dutchman.

It's an okay game. It's not bad, it's just mindless. Also it breaks one of my 'bad game design rules': which is to limit the amount of backtracking. Lots of artificial padding on game time. Additionally, considering the game is a hack-n-slash there is astounding little variety in terms of combat for the complete first hour of the game. And even after that it is still barebones.

The visuals have a nice distinctive stylized look. Audio is well done. All of the other systems like mini-maps, highlighted words in dialogue, character outline when foreground object obscures the player are nice.

The game feels like a paint-by-numbers how to make a hack-n-slash. It's not bad. If they removed all of the artificial game padding by just teleporting you to where you needed to go after a quest instead of forcing the player to run everywhere, I would be able to focus on the story (which does seem interesting, since it is apparently based off a true story) and hence be able to enjoy the game.

I understand the worry that your game would appear short, but lengthening the game with filler is not the way.

This is coming off far more critical than I wanted it to. The game is solid, it either needs to spruce up the combat or laser focus on the story and right now it does neither.

Shantom

Xenoverse price mistake fixed. I got a couple of gift copies but the last one went through at £20 despite saying £6.79. Good job refunds are so easy now.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
Does enhanced steam bug a bit? I often see the historical lowest price for a game as 0.01€ on GMG for many games, such as XCOM2

It's actually a bug with IsThereAnyDeal.com, where Enhanced Steam gets it's price data.

XCOM 2, for example.

EDIT: Also got DBZ for $8 on price mistake.

jshackles

Too bad both Naruto games weren't purchasable when they were -105% off.

Jawmuncher

Damn shame I missed that price error. I would have played it. Have been itching for DBZ after seeing the two movies in theaters.

jshackles

Also it sucks that Tales of Zestiria doesn't get a discount though I'm not surprised. Hopefully it's inclusion here means we get closer to that pre-order bonus though!

Hektor

Damn, that was an unusal fast response from steam.

It's actually a bug with IsThereAnyDeal.com, where Enhanced Steam gets it's price data.

XCOM 2, for example.

ah, ok. didnt know that.

Ubisoft is in such a weird position, i honestly cant tell what they're going to do next. Like, they made their own client for games not so long ago and everything, but they basically stopped supporting it already.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom