• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

MUnited83

For you.
bxElVVj.png

Patch notes.
Added “Find New Match” option to Ranked endgame screen
Good good.

Also rewards for good rankings in the season. Niceee

chronomac

An extra:
ModBot said:
Instructions for chronomac:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

No Time to Explain Remastered -- MB-7E4831C0508F29E3 - Taken by Annubis. 4 entrants total.

t1441910457z1.png

Khronico

Ugh why isn't DS2 SOTFS have a better discount.

I've been wanting to play this since forever but it's never dropped below 50% anywhere.

zkylon

zkylewd
That's just as bad as FFV mobile version's art though. :(

Lost all the charm from the SNES game.
i dunno, i appreciate like ps1-esque art a whole lot, it's like 3d pixelart and for some reason taht really appeals to me

and like i don't care much for the original gfx of that game, like 6 still looks real pretty but the other ones are kind of ehh to me

Ludens

Banned
What is this crap about Konami cuts on MGSV?
I mean, I was talking with Ozium about the fact I couldn't find Camp Omega, but what is this story about the game with no ending?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
I suspect they did legitimately license the games, but the people who issues the license to them didn't own the games enough to do so.

It seems Interplay retained ownership of the ReLoaded IP, which may or may not have later went to Matiff Games (this may have been a slight stuff-up as Mastiff is/was working on a game named Reload, not Reloaded), however Buggy was completely a Gremlin Interactive game as far as I can tell and Urbanscan bought its catalogue back in 2011. ReLoaded disappearing makes sense if Mastiff cried foul due to having the most recent claim to the Reloaded trademark, but Buggy following suit seems odd if CC did indeed licence the release. Maybe there was a miscommunication somewhere.

Khronico

What is this crap about Konami cuts on MGSV?
I mean, I was talking with Ozium about the fact I couldn't find Camp Omega, but what is this story about the game with no ending?

There is an ending to the game.

There's a huge mission that was cut that resolved an important plot thread later on in the game.

As far as anyone knows there is no return to camp omega, so assume that was cut as well.

Ludens

Banned
Do you really dont know? I thought you were active in the spoiler thread?

I posted in the spoiler thread only before the game was released, just to comment about potential spoilering stuff reading those two pages released from the official guide.
Than I asked about the fact if the whole episode 51 thing was true, but I didn't even check for a reply now that I think about it.
I avoided any spoiler regarding the game post-release (in fact I'm still in chapter 9).

Nope, that was at the Naughty Dog studio.

Here are some pictures of the Uncharted(?) actors doing work at the same studio
https://twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/status/634406775979122688

I think the Druckman tweet came afterwards. It's much more likely to be ND doing something

FP is down now, but it was a chat log, with someone asking a Saxxy winner who visited Valve if that's Valve's setup, to which he says yes. But then I thought "Valve's setup" doesn't necessarily mean "Valve's place", but the gear they use etc because the guy specifically mentioned the cams. So, probably it's at ND.

it's up again

8:26 PM - DDS: http://i.imgur.com/bAkC0rL.png is this valve's mocap setup
8:26 PM - The Rantis Pain: yeah
8:26 PM - The Rantis Pain: thats a blade 2
8:26 PM - DDS: blade 2?
8:26 PM - DDS: you mean the suit?
8:26 PM - The Rantis Pain: cams
8:27 PM - DDS: oh shit
8:27 PM - DDS: OH SHIT

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
Guys, since you are so beautiful and I trust your opinions that much, would you mind giving me a little piece of advice on a new PC I'm looking to build? I know there's a separate thread for that, but I think you are smarter and funnier (don't tell them that, though!)

I have two rigs in mind. These are the specs for the weakest one:
- CPU: Intel i5 4690K 3.5GHz, 6M cache
- Graphics card: MSI GTX 970 Gaming 4G 4GB
- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Q87M-D2H
- RAM: 2x Kingston HyperX Fury Black DDR3 8GB 1866 (16GB total)
- Case: Thermaltake Versa I Black, 600W PSU
- Monitor: LG 23" 23MP55HQ-P
- HDD: WD Caviar Green SATA3 2TB

And this is the best one I can (barely) afford:
- CPU: Intel i7 4790K 4GHz, 8M cache
- Motherboard: Asus Z97-E/USB3.1
- HDD: 2x WD Caviar Green SATA3 2TB (4TB total, maybe put them in RAID 0?)

I know the Caviar Green HDDs are slow, but a Caviar Black of a similar capacity is way too expensive. I'd rather go with more storage size than speed here.

I'm not going to post prices because they are crazy expensive in Argentina, so there's really no point comparing the cost here with that from other (better) countries. What I'd like to know is if any of these PCs are good enough to justify spending so much, and if you think they'll last me a while (maybe not at max graphical settings, but at least with a decent performance at 1080p).

Backlogger

Glad to see more updates to Rocket League and the beginning of the first real season. Its turned out to be my favorite multiplayer game in years.

Who's gonna get to Platinum Rank?

Shantom

What I'd like to know is if any of these PCs are good enough to justify spending so much, and if you think they'll last me a while (maybe not at max graphical settings, but at least with a decent performance at 1080p).
An i5 is fine, so I'd replace the mobo in your first build with the Z97 one from the second so that you can overclock if you eventually buy a cooler, and go for 8GB of RAM unless you're really sure you need 16. Also, consider an SSD.

Hektor

tumblr_n1mqunQWQu1rqd0kpo1_r2_500.gif

I posted in the spoiler thread only before the game was released, just to comment about potential spoilering stuff reading those two pages released from the official guide.
Than I asked about the fact if the whole episode 51 thing was true, but I didn't even check for a reply now that I think about it.
I avoided any spoiler regarding the game post-release (in fact I'm still in chapter 9).

Yep, its true. (Not really a spoiler, but just in case)
Like Khronico said, an entire and rather important plotline is never resolved in the game due to the missing mission/s, tho, some people uploaded all the incomplete cutscenes of said mission to Youtube that were found on some making-of in the CE

Guys, since you are so beautiful and I trust your opinions that much, would you mind giving me a little piece of advice on a new PC I'm looking to build? I know there's a separate thread for that, but I think you are smarter and funnier (don't tell them that, though!)

I have two rigs in mind. These are the specs for the weakest one:
- CPU: Intel i5 4690K 3.5GHz, 6M cache
- Motherboard: Gigabyte GA-Q87M-D2H
- HDD: WD Caviar Green SATA3 2TB

And this is the best one I can (barely) afford:
- CPU: Intel i7 4790K 4GHz, 8M cache
- Motherboard: Asus Z97-E/USB3.1
- HDD: 2x WD Caviar Green SATA3 2TB (4TB total, maybe put them in RAID 0?)

I know the Caviar Green HDDs are slow, but a Caviar Black of a similar capacity is way too expensive. I'd rather go with more storage size than speed here.

I'm not going to post prices because they are crazy expensive in Argentina, so there's really no point comparing the cost here with that from other (better) countries. What I'd like to know is if any of these PCs are good enough to justify spending so much, and if you think they'll last me a while (maybe not at max graphical settings, but at least with a decent performance at 1080p).

I'm running a similar setup to the first one posted there and so far have been able to max out anything (except stuff like Arkham Knight, but that's hard on everyone, so...) at 1080p (main difference would be that my CPU is a 3570k OC'ed to 4.4 instead of that 4690k, but that one is even better, so, no issues there)
Not sure about that PSU though.
Argentina getting strong here :)

Nope, that was at the Naughty Dog studio.

Here are some pictures of the Uncharted(?) actors doing work at the same studio
https://twitter.com/Neil_Druckmann/status/634406775979122688

I think the Druckman tweet came afterwards. It's much more likely to be ND doing something

I remembered the Saxxy winners uploaded pics from their visit last year

this is Valve's studio

so what happened the FP user asked the question wrong

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom