• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
help

ratz instagib has infected my steam library

Also, why is the Scholars of the First Sin upgrade never at discount parity with the full game. It's complete BS.

I have a slightly OT question. Anyone use Ambivision while gaming? Any impressions? I just bought it but have to wait up to 30 days for it to get here.

KenOD

a kinder, gentler sort of Scrooge
Three things.

I'll finally be able to play Half-Life and complete it. Removing one great shame of my gaming life.

Why does Tuesday maintenance happen so often these days?

Anyone want to play Secret Ponchos?

Asia, this is the first time a Capcom game is locked here since Bionic Commando, not sure why they start doing this again.

Damn it, Capcom.
Anyway, Bionic Commando is available here. Has the lock been lifted? So I hope that means there's a chance that DD will also be lifted in the future.

I used to love dbz....

As a child

i like dbz, hell, even liked GT, the transformations and designs were dope as fuck. idc if the mangaka is back or whatever, his new designs are fucking ultimate trash. Super Sayian God is trash, its just that first transformation goku goes to but more red, and then ssj god ssj, like wtf yo. Talk all the shit you want about GT but its designs were great. SSJ4 not only works with the canon (since the sayians are apes and shit and the "final" transformation is a hybrid ape) but is better looking to

Not really interested in DBS though, its just the first 2 movies being retold. I'll give the original arc a go when it comes out though but i highly doubt it'll be any good. imo, he's lost his touch.

SSJ4 was like the one good thing to come from DBGT. It was a really inspired design, calling back to the Oozaru roots of Saiyans. I want to say even Toriyama himself was impressed with it, because he only supervised the designs or something like that.
Even back then my evolved brain could only take so many episodes of powering up.

Obviously
So you're more of a Naruto or Bleach dude?

(I refuse to believe that anyone likes One Piece.)

Salsa

motorola-moto-g-2-gen-2014-xt1068-accesorios-934601-MLU20365708026_082015-F.jpg

steamgaems

That DBZ game sure seems intriguing. How long do I have to play before I can release my bankai? Also, is the Soul Society level like WAY too long? Because part of me thinks it shouldn't be for gameplay reasons, but if it's not, then it wouldn't be faithful to the show...

my headset got fucked up. i think my dad sat on it like a dickhead when i stepped out. Anyone got any recommendations for a headset?(bonus points if it works for ps4), i'd rather not spend more than $60 but if its worth it ill be willing to go $75 TOPS.

That DBZ game sure seems intriguing. How long do I have to play before I can release my bankai? Also, is the Soul Society level like WAY too long? Because part of me thinks it shouldn't be for gameplay reasons, but if it's not, then it wouldn't be faithful to the show...

wat

Thx Harper

GAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAH!!!!!!!!!!

I just went to EB, first time I've been to a brick n' mortar in ages, to grab a Nintendo points card for the Fantasy Life expansion* and saw games going for 75$ on average. lol, nope. Even when our dollar started tanking Civ Beyond Earth launched for 50$ even, so that kind of added to the sticker price shock. If my current machine can run Xcom 2 mid spec, I might cough that 80$ up. There aren't many games that I would deem worth that much but Xcom is a lovely time sink like Civ. Brutal though, I am not buying many, if any, games outside of Steam sales/discounts.

This post is sponsored by Salsashark's SteamGAF Nintendo corner, the number 3 and the letters D and S.

Dsyndrome

Speaking of games that should've hit big but didn't for whatever reason, how about White Night and Malebolgia?

The first sits at 7,988 ± 2,123, pushed by Sony somewhat (from what I saw) and the second at 1,603 ± 1,185. Dude for the second came and gave the game away, and yet no one has seemed to have gotten an achievement in it (in my friend list anyway).

What was the deciding factor for these games? If I had to guess, I'd say the press. I can't say that no one wanted these games (like Airscape) but I think it may have to do with getting press on board. That's my only guess, anyway.

There's so many games on Steam that, unless you're actively interested in playing that specific game, you'll be busy until said game is highlighted in a sale, at which point buying it to play "at some point" might be a good idea.

Backlog culture is real.
Animu I liked:

Record of lodoss war
Trigun
Vampire hunter d
Ghost in the shell
Akira
Robotech
No Fullmetal Alchemist: Brotherhood? For shame.

And no Bleach, Naruto, or One Piece? Alongside DBZ, everyone likes at least one of them; it's pretty much a universal law.
why is there a free weekend for xcom enemy unknown when there is a demo already?

Demo is 2 missions (non-repeatable) and basically the tutorial, whereas the free weekend is the full game with seemingly infinite missions.

The content difference is staggering.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
I'd say so, it's how I got on Steam in the first place. There was a free weekend of Left 4 Dead 1 in spring 2009, and since I liked the demo on my friend's 360 I tried it out and spent the whole weekend playing. As soon as the semester ended I went out and bought L4D and The Orange Box (boxed copies of both from Amazon, lol), added them to my Steam account, and never looked back.

Hah! Very neat!

rtcn63

MGSV
just fucked me. I was doing the oil refinery mission for the first time, mapped the place out, restarted the mission, and the Kabarga blueprints aren't in their location, neither were they saved. I just A ranked it, and I don't want to go back.

fertygo

I don't understand why these FF Mobile Port is region locked, this not bode well for FF VI, the one that I wanted to buy :(

FFS SE, you're cool for me because awesome region pricing, much better than Bamco.. if you not allow me to buy VI and Tactics tho :(

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Devil's Share -- MB-6CCED1A490D11023 - Taken by Coldsun

MUnited83

For you.
I don't understand why these FF Mobile Port is region locked, this not bode well for FF VI, the one that I wanted to buy :(

FFS SE, you're cool for me because awesome region pricing, much better than Bamco.. if you not allow me to buy VI and Tactics tho :(
Did you search on your store or just tried to click the links posted here? There's a chance Asia just has a different subID

fertygo

Did you search on your store or just tried to click the links posted here? There's a chance Asia just has a different subID

Past mobile port also region locked for SEA and Japan, so its definitely SE policy for these mobile port.

I wonder if its because they rather people from this region buying from appstore/playstore

if so, such a bummer :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom