• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Saty

Didn't have a problem 'buying' Xcom 2 on Nuuvem. Did the checkout, logged to the paypal account, it showed how much it would cost and i was just one click away from purchasing. Unless the error appears there, which is unlikely, no issues here.

Tizoc

Congrats to the winnars!
someguyinahat claimed your Grim Fandango Remastered key. There were 55 entrants.
theMrCravens claimed your Adventures of Pip key. There were 38 entrants.
NightmareTrigger claimed your Killer is Dead key. There were 32 entrants.

Holy shit Tizoc, has Adventures of Pip even been discounted? Generous!

it was 33% off once, otherwise I believe he said he was a big fan of the game... He's given it away before

Yeah I saw it for 33% but that must've lasted like a day or two cuz it wasn't discounted during the weekend like the other weekly deals.

It's among my GotY contenders, really fun and well designed platformer IMO.
Stages are short and make for great short bursts :3

BTW how I think I should make my future giveaways be a little more restricted so it only allows for SteamGAF thread regulars to enter ^^;

Knurek

It's crazy how Squeinx and Konami don't have all of their titles available for certain Asian regions. That would be like Rockstar not selling GTA here or the same with Sega and Total War & Footy Manager..

Isn't Footy Man unavailable in Germany?

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Hi guys, i have a question.

Does game's price change automatically according to exchange rate? Seeing as my currency is not doing very well at the moment, i'd rather wait until it gets better if that's the case.

Not automatically, no. It's left up to publishers to adjust the pricing of their games.

Tizoc

Dragon's Dogma can still be gifted to regions it is not available in right?

I used to love dbz....

As a child

Go watch Dragon Ball Z Abridged, you'll love it again.
http://teamfourstar.com/series/dragonball-z-abridged/page/9/

Also One Punch man is gonna be the must watch anime when it starts airing this October (on Funi or Crunchyroll)
hpOyheV.png

83RLBCa.png

HrPEBva.jpg

u1rTeeg.jpg

3R4GT2A.jpg

GKB

What if it gets worse? :eek:
Generally, they don't. But nowadays we see more full-priced ($60 converted) games than ever. Fallout 4, Street Fighter V, MGS V, and Elite Dangerous are some examples of games with Rp 800k price tag.

Haha yeah, but i'm quite optimistic we won't achieve '98 level of exchange rate, though it's very close now.

Didn't have a problem 'buying' Xcom 2 on Nuuvem. Did the checkout, logged to the paypal account, it showed how much it would cost and i was just one click away from purchasing. Unless the error appears there, which is unlikely, no issues here.

Are XCOM 2 keys from nuuvem region locked? I've never bought from them.

Not automatically, no. It's left up to publishers to adjust the pricing of their games.

I see, it looks like i won't be pre-ordering from Steam then, thanks JaseC.

Arthea

FF5 didn't even make into top 20 of bestsellers? I wasn't expecting that, it is a mobile port and some people might not want it because of that, but there is still a very good game inside that port.

edited: I think it's safe to assume that all retailers will have DD too, so not that those locks will do any good, why even bother?

Arthea

No idea but the apt comparison with Squenix and no FF for Asia would be no Simulator games available for Germany.
Haven't someone posted some time ago that one farm? simulator that was available only in Poland?
not available in Germany also
here you go

rookiejet

FF5 didn't even make into top 20 of bestsellers? I wasn't expecting that, it is a mobile port and some people might not want it because of that, but there is still a very good game inside that port.

It's like $20 for what looks like a GameMaker game.

Edit: The people who were gonna buy it for nostalgia already bought it elsewhere (many, many times). Probably just baseless generalization, but I'm inclined to think the Steam audience for this game is also a bit more savvy to their options.

fertygo

The problem is after purchase, you always can ask fellow south american member to buy it for you I guess

Arthea

It's like $20 for what looks like a GameMaker game.

Edit: The people who were gonna buy it for nostalgia already bought it elsewhere (many, many times). Probably just baseless generalization, but I'm inclined to think the Steam audience for this game is also a bit more savvy to their options.

yup, baseless, even if I bought it many times over, it's still a game on steam, with achievements, cards and kinda remake, although the last part is not necessary for the better, but still.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Anything good to buy from Nuuvem?
In case you like claymation, which you should, and Point & Click adventures:
Costs around $11/€9,50.

It looks incredible. Never played The Neverhood but i'm really looking forward to this. Videofootage showed potential but most of all, a whole lot of heart.

rookiejet

yup, baseless, even if I bought it many times over, it's still a game on steam, with achievements, cards and kinda remake, although the last part is not necessary for the better, but still.

Well, you're in the stup... er, generous minority, my friend. Don't act so surprised :p

edit: I would be too, but I can't seem to able to make time for lengthy single-player games these days

Deques

Anything that is available for a good price in your wishlist. :p

I was hoping that Nuuvem would have Mega Man Legacy Collection, but they don't :(

Dropsy and STASIS. XCOM 2?

Also sorry, didn't get any more Secret Ponchos the other day.
Not sure if they are my type of games, besides I still haven't played XCOM EU yet >.<
I was hoping for Secret Ponchos, but thanks anyway for your time

Costs around $11/&#8364;9,50.
Sadly P&C games aren't my top priority

Tizoc

^
ss_c47d97583a367ad345449cd3ea2dd82492bbccf4.jpg

That Tango game's got some nice art

Costs around $11/&#8364;9,50.

It looks incredible. Never played The Neverhood but i'm really looking forward to this. Videofootage showed potential but most of all, a whole lot of heart.

I think liking PnC is most important here ;3 Armikrog has been delayed a few times surprisingly, I guess they want to get W10 implementation properly so the game doesn't crash for those users?

derExperte

just hold on a moment, lashman posts RPGmaker games now too?

Listen and understand! lashbot is out there. It can't be bargained with. It can't be reasoned with. It doesn't feel pity or remorse or fear. And it absolutely will not stop, ever, until it has posted every new game.

Tizoc

When I see RPG Maker templates on a retail game my brain shuts down and I escape the store page immediately.

Is it so wrong?

Yes, it means you're anti-social :V
Seriously though, with the right direction RPG maker games can lead some interesting concepts and ideas.
Like an overhead puzzle adventure game for example.

LordCiego

One question? Didn't nuveem keys got region locked after the russian ruble issue?

Can I still buy from them and activate them in Spain?

Arthea

I just remembered that he still discriminates VNs, so much for not knowing neither love, nor hate

He has posted about VNs, you are just never around when he posts them.
Quit discriminating against/on Lashman just cuz he puts actual effort into a task and you lot don't :V

I will need to see those receipts

Tizoc

I just remembered that he still discriminates VNs, so much for not knowing neither love, nor hate

He has posted about VNs, you are just never around when he posts them.
Quit discriminating against/on Lashman just cuz he puts actual effort into a task and you lot don't :V

Maniac

Banned
There is an ending to the game.

There's a huge mission that was cut that resolved an important plot thread later on in the game.

As far as anyone knows there is no return to camp omega, so assume that was cut as well.

And there's a third, massive area that was cut. The return to Omega Camp was cut. A lot of motherbase content was obviously cut, several weapons were cut. Several cutscenes were cut... And I wouldn't be surprised if there's even more that was cut that I've no idea about.

It's CUTTINGFLOOR: THE GAME, really.
can we really blame konami for wanting to release a game that's been in development for like 27 years and cost them 84.5 billion trillion dollars? especially in light of the fact that they're otherwise done with console gaming? any cuts are regrettable but it's not like it makes sense to fund the game until 2018 when it might be done done

Well, to be fair, all the stuff that was cut would've been doable in a very short time-frame, since a lot of the most time consuming stuff was already done. It'd likely have cost less money to produce and take less time to produce than similar content that was already there, and I do indeed think we can blame them for cutting their entire gaming legacy, but Kojima is definitely to blame, too. The man is the sodding producer, but he's entirely unable to not waste millions on absolutely nothing. I don't really understand why he's the head-producer when he really, really doesn't know how to control a budget and has no idea what kind of time-frame production takes.
Keane's a legend, this was so great to watch.
I've yet to watch it, but I concur, the man is damn great, so I look forward to seeing the vid a bit later today. Tilt Brush is the coolest sodding thing, and it is, in its own right, more than enough to convince me on getting a Vive.
Tilt Brush looks so cool!

Hella.

PARANO1A

Decent Humble Bundle this week. Also - Max Max is the shit.

ModBot said:
Instructions for PARANO1A:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 3 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (PARANO1A, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- Pay it forward. You can only win this game if you've given away a game since you last won a game (minimum one total giveaway).
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Phantom Breaker: Battle Grounds -- MB-A899A52AC7EB6BBF - Taken by PunishedSnake. 7 entrants total.
Divekick -- MB-D4E8CAAF5E3F6204 - Taken by spindoctor. 5 entrants total.
Robot Roller-Derby Disco Dodgeball -- MB-635978476D468997 - Taken by Mr. Doop. 7 entrants total.

t1441979159z1.png

Maniac

Banned
well it is a very dumb and mistaken idea for a thread

as in, all games get content cut, all developers/publishers overpromise but kojima actually makes good games that are pretty groundbreaking to this day

if anything the fact that he masqueraded mgs5 as actually being another game by a swedish company and did the whole bandages man stunt is probably proof enough that, unlike peter molyneux, kojima continues to be super relevant to this day

doesn't mean it's not worth criticizing that kojima or konami or whatever put fucking microtransactions and like waiting game stuff in fucking metal gear but you know, apples and oranges and shit

Kojima is going to be about as relevant as Molyneux within a few months. And he's as much a hack as Molyneux, if not more-so. Edit: And he's closer to being a pathological liar, too. The bitch tweeted about the return to Camp Omega like a week or two prior to launch, despite obviously knowing that it was cut months ago.
5 masterpieces. Count 'em

I can count like, two, or three if you're lucky.
I will agree that MGS1-3 are the best of the MGS series, and while I dislike the Kojima worship which can go too far sometimes with some people, Kojima's a cool dude, a little more eccentric than he should be, but he's a cool dude.
I mean come on he gave us dedicated horse poop button

Kojima's not just eccentric, he's really kind of a perv. And he's god-damn pretentious without really being all that clever with his, uhm, subtlety.
The question is, with all the cut content and split in the user base for MGS V, will it still win GOTY for folks? I haven't touched it, but from all the talk, I'd say no.

I was going to say stuff about perfect scores and such, but that's a rabbit hole that doesn't need to be opened here.

The correct answer is always Witcher 3, of course.

The amount of fanatic fanboyism surrounding MGS, mixed with the hardcore dick-riding of GAF means that The Witcher 3 doesn't stand a chance, despite the fact that it's a vastly better, more well-designed and detailed game.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom