• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
ff steam art is so inconsistent

ff3: centered plain logo with sky background
ff4: centered plain logo, no background
ff4-2: centered zoomed out graphical logo, amano-ish art
ff type 0: left offset text logo, type 0 wordmark, CG render of character on right
ff5: left offset text logo with amano art, super-deformed character art on right
ff7: centered logo with blu background, amano art
ff8: centered plain logo, no background, but inverted colours
ff11: centered plain logo with detailed release text below it
ff13: centered plain logo, no background, but weird green outer glow
ff13-2: centered plain logo but the game's numerals are larger than the words with amano art not really visible behind it and a pink-ish background
ff14: centered release text in large font above smaller font of centered plain logo

#graphicdesign #15.99

ff type 0: left offset text logo, type 0 wordmark, CG render of character on right
ff5: left offset text logo with amano art, super-deformed character art on right
ff13-2: centered plain logo but the game's numerals are larger than the words with amano art not really visible behind it and a pink-ish background
ff14: centered release text in large font above smaller font of centered plain logo
#graphicdesign #15.99

They don't care man. They want my selective OCD to flip out.

Momentary

Banned
But what if both net cheaper price even without bundled together :eek:

Well... I'm not waiting until next year to find out. I'd gladly pay 50 just for Zestiria alone. The gameplay looks amazing. You pay that premium for early access. I also haven't seen games with these bullshit unlocks ever go on sale on another site until after the fact. I'm sure they probably have, but I haven't seen one yet.

Sad that Nuuvem now checks for Paypal country depending on the publisher, was ready to throw down Dying Light and X-Com 2.

Were you using a VPN? I bought Mad Max a few days ago, I was able to add it to my cart but the credit card and Paypal options were grayed out without the VPN, turning it on fixed it and allowed me to buy.

Deques

capsule_sm_120.jpg

capsule_sm_120.jpg

capsule_sm_120.jpg

capsule_sm_120.jpg

capsule_sm_120.jpg

capsule_sm_120.jpg

capsule_sm_120.jpg

capsule_sm_120.jpg

capsule_sm_120.jpg

capsule_sm_120.jpg

capsule_sm_120.jpg

#graphicdesign #15.99

Pictures added!

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Super Mario Maker = The Ultimate Drug

I've been on Steam for like 8 years or whatever and I've never used a free weekend for anything, even stuff I'm interested in. Do people actually do the free weekend thing? Is it useful as a player? Does it actually work to drive sales?

The only person I know that takes advantage of these things are my nephew who just turned 14. I actually made the account for him a year ago or so, so I could gift him the Portal games (which he loved), but one weekend I noticed he was playing CS GO. I thought it was a bit strange that his parents would buy him that (not exactly shocking, but still), but it turned out it was a free weekend, yeay.

Now he's hooked.

So, in an anecdotal way, I think it's safe to conclude that these things could have an impact on younger users (PC gaming is sooo big among these 13-19 years old, with their "school laptops"), who generally don't have funds available to buy stuff.

Hektor

Before clicking it i already knew it was ozzy, he went off on a rant last night about his hate for the game, it was hilarious

They closed his thread, why the mods trying to silence my boy ozzy? :'(

The mods free this board of trolls, not by taking their lives, but by taking their tongues.

I heard MGSV still 50+ hour of content tho, kinda wish Molyneux ever do that once.

Im already at 80 hours of playtime.

And no Bleach, Naruto, or One Piece? Alongside DBZ, everyone likes at least one of them; it's pretty much a universal law.

#TeamNaruto

I hope so too. Im not trying to get my hopes up, but it'd be amazing. I want to #believe,

can't get it for a week and guy in OT told me it only has 3 day replay value

RIP

Dont you need to play the game once per day for an entire week in order to actually unlock the finished game? That'd beseven days worth of replayvalue,

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
can't get it for a week and guy in OT told me it only has 3 day replay value
RIP
seems legit

Dont you need to play the game once per day for an entire week in order to actually unlock the finished game? That'd beseven days worth of replayvalue,

Nope, day1 patch removed that. They actually fucking listened for once. :D

A Fish Aficionado

I am going to make it through this year if it kills me
so I guess I fucked up the alienware thing by not following their page.

d'oh.

I mean, I don't care as much, since the valve package goes on sale every time, but
a bit embarrassing.

zkylon

zkylewd
so close to finishing novigrad+velen

i dunno why i spend so much time finishing these armor upgrading quests that rarely even bother to craft, but i guess it's entertaining enough to walk around the world crossing off question marks while chasing those diagrams

excited to leave this map tho, wanna see what skellige's like

so close to finishing novigrad+velen

i dunno why i spend so much time finishing these armor upgrading quests that rarely even bother to craft, but i guess it's entertaining enough to walk around the world crossing off question marks while chasing those diagrams

excited to leave this map tho, wanna see what skellige's like

The witcher armours all get progressively more awesome with each upgrade. Particularly the bear and wolf school's sets.

And Skellige is awesome, just like every other location. Just getting there is part of the fun.

Dr Dogg

It's crazy how Squeinx and Konami don't have all of their titles available for certain Asian regions. That would be like Rockstar not selling GTA here or the same with Sega and Total War & Footy Manager. Love to know the bonkers reason why especially if it's something contrived like 'Well we want to focus on popular platforms [you know 'those' platforms] and don't want to suck the oxygen out of them with the Steam carrot dangling off in the distance'.

zkylon

zkylewd
The witcher armours all get progressively more awesome with each upgrade. Particularly the bear and wolf school's sets.

And Skellige is awesome, just like every other location. Just getting there is part of the fun.

i dunno, feels like too much work and isn't like much fun or anything. i naturally find some diagrams as i progress through the fun quests but i always find myself doing the witcher armor stuff after clearing all the other stuff, which isn't super cool

overall i'm not super into how loot works in the game. i wish you weren't switching swords and armor every half an hour, i used to like this the most in witcha 1 when actually getting good new equipment was a pretty big event

Is that a regional price/discount difference or is the discount larger because you specifically have more of the DLC from DX9 DS2? It's 33% off still for me in Canada.
If you have DS2 and the entire season pass, I believe that's the discount. With only the base game, it's 33% off. It's a really terrible way to handle what is essentially a big patch.

Did they ever fix the durability bug on vanilla DS2, or was that exclusive to the Scholars thing? I want to say one of them got it fixed after some prodding, but can't remember which.

i dunno, feels like too much work and isn't like much fun or anything. i naturally find some diagrams as i progress through the fun quests but i always find myself doing the witcher armor stuff after clearing all the other stuff, which isn't super cool

overall i'm not super into how loot works in the game. i wish you weren't switching swords and armor every half an hour, i used to like this the most in witcha 1 when actually getting good new equipment was a pretty big event
Yeah, I prefer how loot was in the older games as well. Witcher 2's Dark Mode made the exclusive loot a real treat, and Witcher 1 made it a true event.

Unfortunately, I think CDPR made loot more Diablo-esque due to criticism about a lack of loot. It's definitely a weaker part of the game, due to the inherent need to trade, manage, and upgrade things every so often.

zkylon

zkylewd
i'm just not a person that's ever been interested in loot as in diablo so getting bigger numbers all the time is just boring to me, specially since it just means that i never bother paying much attention to any of the swords cos they're not gonna last long anyways. and some of the swords have cool effects but whatever, the new one deals more damage. or whatever.

so yea i wish every game was dark souls

If I have to commend Square Enix for one thing, it's the fact that their regional pricing so far is SEA-friendly.

Indeed.
At least their regional pricing policy for Asian region is still showing its consistency. New last-gen ports at $13 (from $20) and new AAA games at $40 (from $60). It's a love-hate situation for me.

GKB

Hi guys, i have a question.

Does game's price change automatically according to exchange rate? Seeing as my currency is not doing very well at the moment, i'd rather wait until it gets better if that's the case.

Hi guys, i have a question.

Does game's price change automatically according to exchange rate? Seeing as my currency is not doing very well at the moment, i'd rather wait until it gets better if that's the case.

What if it gets worse? :eek:
Generally, they don't. But nowadays we see more full-priced ($60 converted) games than ever. Fallout 4, Street Fighter V, MGS V, and Elite Dangerous are some examples of games with Rp 800k price tag.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom