• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ludens

Banned
FIuDAtd.png

Not a bad deal actually.

What region is this? Can you gift it?

Some info for my fellow EU-renegades (Switzerland, Norway, Iceland) interested in acquiring a Vive this year: I just contacted Valve about hardware availability (Steam controller + Link), and the answer was basically "SOL". I asked if this issue is going to be sorted out in time for the Vive and the answer was still the same.

I then contacted HTC support and they said "you have to contact our official retailers". I insisted on the fact that those first few units will doubtfully make it to retail (I think I read it somewhere) and he/she/it repeated the same thing (why even use human beings when the answers are worthy of a barely half-assed bot).

I -really- need it for work-related reasons, but I'm now sure I won't have one in 2015. Just a heads-up for anybody interested!

(I'll probably have to create a dupe account using the address of a French colleague... smh)

Knurek

GOG is having a big sale.
*goes to check*
Everything indie, no actual Good Old Games on sale.
*feh*
Is it just me, or are the indie titles on GOG totally undesirable? No achievs, no cards, wonky patching. I do understand they wanting to branch out, but personally I'd prefer if they stick to classics. :\

Jawmuncher

*goes to check*
*feh*
Is it just me, or are the indie titles on GOG totally undesirable? No achievs, no cards, wonky patching. I do understand they wanting to branch out, but personally I'd prefer if they stick to classics. :\

I completely agree. I guess others due to DRM free like them (Even though Humble gives you both). But yeah I go to GOG for the actual good ol games.

*goes to check*
*feh*

'Indie piñata'? Dammit, GOG, I don't want to gamble.

This is where cross-store library awareness would be useful. The chances of me getting a dupe I already have on Steam are too great.

FloatOn

oh and one more anime I just remembered that I liked: Lain.

they should do some mind bendy game based on that.

I'd be all over it.

*goes to check*
*feh*

I just went there, I have a huge wish list there too, 50/50 indie and nothing on my wish list is on sale. :\
Also screw the pinata idea.

I'm not a big fan of indies on GoG but if its a good enough sale, I'll still buy it.

Uzzy

oh and one more anime I just remembered that I liked: Lain.

they should do some mind bendy game based on that.

I'd be all over it.

There was infact a game released for Serial Experiments Lain on the PS1, though calling it a game is a real stretch. It's more a form of interactive media, with letters, videos and the like to read through. There's a translation out there, and it's pretty interesting to read through.

Lets all love Lain

Uzzy

Also, double post but whatever. Rashid was just confirmed for Street Fighter V. Arabic style fighter who controls wind. No trailer yet.

Card Boy

Banned
One of the best PnC's out there.

ModBot said:
Instructions for Gez:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Gez, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Broken Sword 1: Shadow of the Templars - The Director's Cut -- MB-2A7F0F5A205E002B - Taken by Mikurden

Ludens

Banned
So, it seems online section of MGSV is full of cheaters, just like anticipated. Good job, Konami, you could at least implement VAC, you can't even disable FOBs.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
Paris in the fall... <3

So, it seems online section of MGSV is full of cheaters, just like anticipated. Good job, Konami, you could at least implement VAC, you can't even disable FOBs.

Yeah, weren't we told that FOBs would be optional? :/

I suppose going offline after claiming the reward is the way to go.

Lain

There was infact a game released for Serial Experiments Lain on the PS1, though calling it a game is a real stretch. It's more a form of interactive media, with letters, videos and the like to read through. There's a translation out there, and it's pretty interesting to read through.

Lets all love Lain

I approve of the spoiler.
Also while at it, let's all love Texhnolyze too.

Sini

I completed the main mission of Ground Zeroes yesterday. It took me 4 and half hours and I got -9999 points for time
:csdmeh:

No alarms, but still got C rank

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
*goes to check*
*feh*
I like both. I don't buy games there if they are available on Steam, but it's nice to have a DRM-free option (though many of these indie games are also sold on the Humble Store).

But yeah, they shouldn't forget about the classics. Where's the Jazz Jackrabbit collection? Where's Donald in Cold Shadow? Where's Jill of the Jungle? Midtown Madness?

I kind of enjoy the cassettes in MGS. It gives me something to listen to when I'm running.

Running all. the. damn. time.

Just go offline. That's what I do since it takes for fucking ever to load up a menu screen when online.

Yeah, weren't we told that FOBs would be optional? :/

I suppose going offline after claiming the reward is the way to go.

The only way.

What fuckery is this?
Is that a regional price/discount difference or is the discount larger because you specifically have more of the DLC from DX9 DS2? It's 33% off still for me in Canada.
Have DS2+SP.
What region is this? Can you gift it?
Just tried buying into my inventory but sadly... :(
CZOR7CL.png

Poor Brazilian Real, it's the new Russian Ruble.
Perfect! Hope it's gets worse.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom