• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jawmuncher

Seeing as how the leaks have been true so far, we won't be seeing her.

There are only 5 spots left and 5 leaked characters left.

Alex, Urien, Karin, Lauren, and Zen

lots of "IN's"

All my hopes lie in Laruren and Zen now.
Still seem really odd to have a new game and not have one SF4 rep in the first batch.

Still no Juri for Street Fighter V.
COnyKs6UkAACuK5.jpg
There will be no Juri and you'll still buy the game. Instead youll get a red head girl whos a ryu clone :)

Shantom

For a game that took me only slightly more than 2 hours to complete, Cross of the Dutchman is being very stingy with its card drops.

I'm assuming you know that all card drops now start after 2 hours of game time, right? You won't see any drops before 2 hours.

Yeah, I know. I got a drop just after the 2 hour mark, then idled the game for more than an hour and didn't get another card.

Good enough, though thinking of which outside of Necalli going nuts, only red head in the series I think has been Viper.
Jaw, if the devs tell you they can only develop one and the other will be forever lost, which do you pick a red head ryu clone or a brand new character?

Jawmuncher

Jaw, if the devs tell you they can only develop one and the other will be forever lost, which do you pick a red head ryu clone or a brand new character?

Is the brand new character a red head and a female?
Regardless I would probably just pick the new character, we don't need more Ryus.

Seeing as how the leaks have been true so far, we won't be seeing her.

There are only 5 spots left and 5 leaked characters left.

Alex, Urien, Karin, Lauren, and Zen

lots of "IN's"

I've never heard of any of them.

Street Fighter has moved on from the mainstream.

Dsyndrome

Were you using a VPN? I bought Mad Max a few days ago, I was able to add it to my cart but the credit card and Paypal options were grayed out without the VPN, turning it on fixed it and allowed me to buy.
Tried FlyVPN and Hola both, set for Argentina or Brazil. I get to the point where it displays what the price is for US currency, hit purchase, then it goes back to the site, does it's count up thing for processing the order, fails and says at the top that the items aren't available for purchase in my country. If I don't use a VPN, it gives that statement before I even check out.

Other games don't require a VPN for me. I straight up bought Mad Max and most other titles, no issue. So far, I've only seen this happen for one WB game and 2K.

jediyoshi

First time getting an email confirmation while making a listing

RNcIw5R.png

Guessing it just picked up on me starting to use ES quick sell

Dr Dogg

My PC setup at the mo is still a weird and sorry state of affairs. Granted it's on an actual desk now instead of propped up on a box but I'm using a whopping great TV that's too big for the distance I'm sat, a crusty Apple keyboard from '06 that has the shortest cable imaginable, a battered MX518 and wired 360 pad that's turned a lovely shade of biege for other inputs and an IKEA catalog for a mouse mat.

Spyware

Hey SteamGAF. This is not Steam related but I didn't find a better thread for this and I love SteamGAF sooo.

I got duped by a bunch of "friends" on another forum about the GOG Gamble thing. I'm a bit too fond of gamble sales in general so I guess I'm an easy target :p
They said that most of my wishlist games were in the Pinata thing, and checking the GOG forum seemed to indicate the same. I don't know if it's just all lies or if GOG really has a handful of copies of those games in there in the beginning but whatevs.
Anyway, I bought... a bunch (10) since I hadn't bought games for a long while... And got 10 duplicate games. Meaning I have a code with 10 games that I already own and just spend 30 dollars on nothing at all. I'm so stupid it hurts.

The games:

The Last Federation
FTL: Advanced Edition
Dust: An Elysian Tail
1954 Alcatraz
Blackwell Bundle
Aarklash: Legacy
Eador. Masters of the Broken World
Randal's Monday
The Book Of Unwritten Tales: The Critter Chronicles
Guacamelee! Super Turbo Championship Edition

The code is for ALL of the games. It's just one single code... for some reason.

I tried lurking here and PMing the people speaking about the GOG sale but no one had the games in my little collection on their wishlist and one kind member said that I should try a ModBot giveaway instead to perhaps find a better home for the games. So here goes. I hope it's okay.

ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away an item. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

PGP3OVL.png
GOG Bundle (GOG) -- MB-CC92B4B4706E5993 - Taken by Purkake4. 5 entrants total.

t1441983240z1.png

zkylon

zkylewd
Kojima is going to be about as relevant as Molyneux within a few months. And he's as much a hack as Molyneux, if not more-so. Edit: And he's closer to being a pathological liar, too. The bitch tweeted about the return to Camp Omega like a week or two prior to launch, despite obviously knowing that it was cut months ago.

this is rps' great achievement, now we're all calling the people that created the things we love pathological liars and burning them at the stake or whatever

now we're calling kojima a bitch?

wtf are you on people

Stupid question about kickstarter, what happens if when they take money you don't have enough on your card?
you get an email that says u have like 10 days or so to fix ur card issues and if you don't then they just don't get the money

that actually happens to a lot of projects, sometimes like 5% of the money can just disappear after the kickstarter is finished because random ppl pledge 5k or 10k or whatever to get to the stretch goals and then never actually pay

kickstarter doesn't fix the numbers and it's not like the dev is gonna go back on the stretch goals and say "sorry guys we're not doing this" so it ends up being pretty fucked, sadly

specially for those big number pledges kickstarter should maybe charge first and then give the money back if it doesn't make it instead

or something like that

Vlad

So you guys were joking about Dark Souls being good, right?

I mean, I'm sure it gets good eventually, and sure, I'm willing to overlook a game that's a little unpolished here and there, but come on now.

First off, we once again have the good old "broken button prompt" issue that seems to be plaguing more and more games recently. I can almost excuse it in some little indie release, but from what I understood, Dark Souls is kind of a big deal, and it's absolutely inexcusable to have the prompts on the screen not actually gel with the actual keybindings. I was able to fudge my way through the unnecessarily clunky menus for character creation and get to the actual game.

Opening cinematic looks interesting. Some decent monster designs here, so I'm looking forward to whatever's next.

I'm in a jail cell, some dude drops in a corpse, and we're off to the races.

Except...we're not.

So I walk up to the corpse, prompt says "A: Loot".

No, Dark Souls, "A" makes me walk to the left.

I soon figure out that a left-click will loot the corpse. Ok, so A="Left Click", fine. I'm quickly losing my patience but am willing to perservere. I pick up a key, yet now I'm stuck with an "A: OK" prompt on the screen that won't go away. Left clicking is now making me punch wildly in the cell. I'm also getting "Y: Toggle" every so often, but pressing the Y key doesn't seem to do anything at all. I can still move around, so I guess I'll just have a constant "A: OK" in the middle of my screen. Patience continues to wane, but we'll move on. I've got a key, so on to the door!

I walk up to the door, I now get "A: Open". Left-Clicking doesn't do anything but punch. Right-clicking also punches, but differently.

The door remains closed.

At this point, I figure "Ok, I'll just hit Esc and check the actual key bindings".

But Esc does nothing. As far as I can tell, there's no way to quit out of the game aside from Alt-F4ing

I eventually, through systematically hitting every key on the keyboard, find that Q opens the door. I punch my way past the zombies or whatever in the hallway, and when the game starts telling me to "B+Left Stick" to dash, it dawns on me that they left in the button prompts from the console version?!

Now, it's not like I'm against consoles or anything, but come on. Not even bothering to even change the in-game text to reflect the system its on is just terrible.

I guess I'm off to see if there's some fix floating around that fixes things, since there's no way I'm going to sit here and try to learn a game that won't even let me reference the key bindings in-game (of course, if there's a way to do so, I'm all ears). Otherwise this just could be my first Steam Refund.

zkylon

zkylewd
dude people figured out it was a bad port months before it was released

buy a controller or don't try to play games like that

don't pretend you're giving serious critique when you choose to play a game the way it's meant to be played

and before we go into like ON PC EVERYTHING SHOULD BE PLAYABLE WITH MOUSE & KEYBOARD!! let's all remember that this is a console game exclusive for ps3 and 360 that bamco "kindly" ported after a billion years of ppl crying about it on the internet.

so it's not really ideal for playing with a mouse and keyboard, it doesn't fit its gameplay and clearly from and bamco didn't give a shit to fix it so it does. they tried in dark souls 2 but who knew, action games are not very much fun with a controller, so it's still shit with m&k

just buy a controller dude pls

Shantom

I eventually, through systematically hitting every key on the keyboard, find that Q opens the door. I punch my way past the zombies or whatever in the hallway, and when the game starts telling me to "B+Left Stick" to dash, it dawns on me that they left in the button prompts from the console version?!

Now, it's not like I'm against consoles or anything, but come on. Not even bothering to even change the in-game text to reflect the system its on is just terrible.

I guess I'm off to see if there's some fix floating around that fixes things, since there's no way I'm going to sit here and try to learn a game that won't even let me reference the key bindings in-game (of course, if there's a way to do so, I'm all ears). Otherwise this just could be my first Steam Refund.
Store page:
VQiMaNR.png
You were warned.

I played Dark Souls with the KB&M up until that foresty area when my controller finally arrived. It's not just the graphics of Dark Souls that make it such a botch port, but the KB&M controls as well; I don't think the sequel improved upon this. It's nigh unplayable with KB&M due to the speed and fidelity needed to pass certain areas.

Godspeed, Vamp Vlad. You will need it.
this is rps' great achievement, now we're all calling the people that created the things we love pathological liars and burning them at the stake or whatever

now we're calling kojima a bitch?

wtf are on people
It's OK to confront people when they lie. Maybe not with such colourful language, but still. Passion is never going to be an appropriate excuse for complete fabrications; not for Peter Molyneux, not for Randy Pitchford, and, now, not for Hideo Kojima.

Kojima in particular gets a huge amount of praise for things that many other devs would get roasted for. Story is shit? Damn, what a visionary! Game is half-finished? Clearly he has a plan! Snake is virtually mute? Pure artistry! (Yes, they nailed the gameplay--but the rest is far from flawless.)

Like, c'mon. Credit where it is due.

MUnited83

For you.
I'm with the "5 myths" guy. It's not really a indiepocalypse, and things are better than they were before the existence of greenlight. A crapload of indies existed then, didn't get on steam, and barely sold. We are in a much better position now.

MUnited83

For you.

I mean, I'm sure it gets good eventually, and sure, I'm willing to overlook a game that's a little unpolished here and there, but come on now.

First off, we once again have the good old "broken button prompt" issue that seems to be plaguing more and more games recently. I can almost excuse it in some little indie release, but from what I understood, Dark Souls is kind of a big deal, and it's absolutely inexcusable to have the prompts on the screen not actually gel with the actual keybindings. I was able to fudge my way through the unnecessarily clunky menus for character creation and get to the actual game.

Opening cinematic looks interesting. Some decent monster designs here, so I'm looking forward to whatever's next.

Except...we're not.

I soon figure out that a left-click will loot the corpse. Ok, so A="Left Click", fine. I'm quickly losing my patience but am willing to perservere. I pick up a key, yet now I'm stuck with an "A: OK" prompt on the screen that won't go away. Left clicking is now making me punch wildly in the cell. I'm also getting "Y: Toggle" every so often, but pressing the Y key doesn't seem to do anything at all. I can still move around, so I guess I'll just have a constant "A: OK" in the middle of my screen. Patience continues to wane, but we'll move on. I've got a key, so on to the door!

I walk up to the door, I now get "A: Open". Left-Clicking doesn't do anything but punch. Right-clicking also punches, but differently.

The door remains closed.

At this point, I figure "Ok, I'll just hit Esc and check the actual key bindings".

But Esc does nothing. As far as I can tell, there's no way to quit out of the game aside from Alt-F4ing

FOR THE LOVE OF GOD GO BUY A CONTROLLER

Except...we're not.

The door remains closed.

In its vanilla state it is playable but not a "perfect" port, so there's room for improvement.

Luckily for you, time has solved most. Get DSFix and MouseFix

My advice though, try to find a gamepad. Any will do and game feels very good playing with one.

You're in for a treat.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's OK to confront people when they lie. Maybe not with such colourful language, but still. Passion is never going to be an appropriate excuse for complete fabrications; not for Peter Molyneux, not for Randy Pitchford, and, now, not for Hideo Kojima.

Kojima in particular gets a huge amount of praise for things that many other devs would get roasted for. Story is shit? Damn, what a visionary! Game is half-finished? Clearly he has a plan! Snake is virtually mute? Pure artistry! (Yes, they nailed the gameplay--but the rest is far from flawless.)

Like, c'mon. Credit where it is due.
it's very much different cos mgs5 is a cool game that may be disappointing or lacking at parts or whatever (and may have a misleading marketing campaign... which happens ALL THE TIME in videogames) while pete molyneux and randy pitchford were pitchforked for making shitty games with nothing of worth

and again ppl for some reason are ignoring the konami situation where developers are being transfarred to work on fucking pachinko making assembly lines if the games they developed don't sell enough, so i'd say it's a pretty different scenario

and i don't mean it because it's kojima, like i said, metal gear doesn't mean that much to me, but it's the same as ken levine with bio infinite, i was really upset that the game didn't deliver on that e3 demo, but i can see the nature of game development and i also not gonna believe every shit that's said in a trailer or a tweet or whatever because that's how games are advertised, sadly

and what's sad is that people already knew this but only get outraged after this one game and only when there's this big figure to point their finger at and ignoring all the context of the situation or whatever

or they have a pre-existing bias against kojima they're just happy they got the chance to cash off now that he got caught doing something bad.

i mean are we like saying kojima's overrated now? why are we forgetting how revolutionary much of his work has been? because he made a tweet about camp omega a week ago or whatever?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom