• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
apparently the pre-purchase version of The Vanishing of Ethan Carter doesn't have the Redux version added to it yet...the normal version should have the Redux version available now

annoying since I pre-ordered

edit: I tweeted them and they said they are working on fixing that

Amzin

The bolded is true, but that only comes into play in games that actually have analog control of the character, which is honestly not that many.

I always found it odd that a lot of 2D platformers and such did the "controller recommended" thing despite not playing better with one at all.

IMO the only games that I actually found played better with a controller over keyboard are 3rd person character action games like Revengeance, DMC4 etc. and the occasional game where they really half-assed the keyboard controls/settings.

Yea not all games support analog controls but it is super noticeable when they do. Overall controllers just feel more natural for me with most platformers. I know there's some where I went with KB over controller but can't remember off the top of my head, so not super recent I guess :p

And yea I can't imagine doing half as well at those action games on KB/M even though technically you can. Just doesn't feel as smooth.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

cmWEPrK.png

Mystery Gift -- MB-38E2141EFD1CB1C0 - Taken by iosefe

Ludens

Banned
Yeah, weren't we told that FOBs would be optional? :/

I suppose going offline after claiming the reward is the way to go.

No, you keep getting invaded even while offline, the moment you go online the game calculates invasions and suck you stuff/members.

thesaucetastic

Unconfirmed Member
I FINALLY FIGURED OUT MY STUCK INPUT PROBLEM

Fucking VJoy. God damn. I haven't even launched it since March and it was still screwing with my inputs somehow. Uninstalled it and now everything works. The faulty NVIDIA driver was just the cause of all the BSODs I've been getting lately. I know no one cares about this, but I'm happy so whatever

edit: In terms of controller vs. keyboard, I'm in the second camp. Hell, I barely use my mouse unless I have to for camera controls or something. I haven't come across a game that doesn't work decently with mouse and keyboard (and I've played Metal Gear Rising, too), but Vlad's problems with Dark Souls is kind of making me a little worried about my own future playthrough.

Dr Dogg

A lot of times when playing I purposefully went for the punch rather than the sneak. It's just so satisfying to clock someone at such a high speed. Especially when slow mo kicks in.

Big Boss is secretly Lee Majors. The Stun Arm has been cool to play around with too.

rtcn63

Well, the blueprint problem from before happened again.
Same trailing mission, the blueprints weren't at their normal spot, but didn't register as being retrieved. So I have to go back to the area and hope it's still there. I've only had this problem with the Africa story missions.

EDIT: Others having the same issue, and apparently the blueprints don't ever come back:

https://steamcommunity.com/app/287700/discussions/0/527274088393580474/

https://www.reddit.com/r/metalgearsolid/comments/3jwk4w/stun_grenade_blueprint_issue_lingua_franca/

They better fix this at some point.

Also I can't for the life of me find Quiet's cell.

you should only be able to get invaded in MGS5 if you're online, getting invaded while you're offline and losing your shit is stupid as hell, what made kojima or whoever think that was a good idea? what happened to it being optional?

Maniac

Banned
nTEunvb.png

I hate the low Canadian dollar, that's not even all I want :\

Missing Hitman, Fallout 4

Easy fix. Don't buy trash. Activision games are trash, Ubisoft games are trash and EA games are trash. There, I just saved you a lot of heartache and money. You're welcome.

Maniac

Banned
Well, the blueprint problem from before happened again.
Same trailing mission, the blueprints weren't at their normal spot, but didn't register as being retrieved. So I have to go back to the area and hope it's still there. I've only had this problem with the Africa story missions.

EDIT: Others having the same issue, and apparently the blueprints don't ever come back: https://steamcommunity.com/app/287700/discussions/0/527274088393580474/

Also I can't for the life of me find Quiet's cell.

Thats aight, she just lies there on her stomach with her bra undone until Ocelot says some wank over the comms and you get a mission marker. It's no biggie.

Medical platform though.

Edit: Dododododouble post!
you should only be able to get invaded in MGS5 if you're online, getting invaded while you're offline and losing your shit is stupid as hell, whay make kojima or whoever think that was a good idea? what happened to it being optional?

Ended up being a bloody lie like so much else. ¯\_(ツ)_/¯

nTEunvb.png

should've been on the alert when gmg had that 50% coupon that worked on everything, could've gotten NFS, Star Wars and FO4 for $90. Now you shall pay more for not being on gaf 24/7 or at the very least the right time :p i was able to get fo4 simply out of luck, i stopped playing whatever game i was on and decided to browse gaf and boom, fo4 for 30 bucks

nTEunvb.png

The price of oil is predicted to drop even lower so it's going to get worse.

I mind less and less that my PC is kind of creaking into obsolescence at the moment. I haven't been able to buy and play games like GTA V, Witcher III, Batman Arkham Knight (bullet dodged!) or Mad Max because my rig can't run them. I can't get Fallout 4, Deus Ex: Mankind Divided, or Dishonoured 2 despite really wanting those games. I can buy and play the new WoW and Civ BE expansions, that's about it. Maybe Xcom 2.

Next few Steam sales might be pretty awesome when I can afford to build a new rig and buy the complete/goty editions of those games for a more reasonable price.

maty

Will the new version of "THe Vanishing of Ethan Carter" replace the original or will you get both when buying at a later date?

From what I read if you own the original you get the update for free.

Jotun continues to look fantastic
https://youtu.be/DyuE2IcCkoM
From what I've played, first game in a while to really capture that SoTC atmosphere of being a small warrior fighting something towering and powerful

yzwJvXh.gif

That looks great

Annubis

My fellow Canadians, please wait 1 year for the GOTY/Complete version of every game you currently would pre-order and then wait an extra year for it to be decently discounted in a Steam sale.
Our dollar might be better by then too.

We can all talk about how great Fallout 4 is in 2017/2018.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom