• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

And only for the 7th time. The other 6 posts are DotA 2 related and not one post in here :(

What's the performance like compared to the UE3 version?

About the same I'd say. Getting mid 40's in the starting area at 2560x1440 like I was in the OG version. Not sure on the differences as it's been a while and I don't have the original version installed.

Uzzy

And only for the 7th time. The other 6 posts are DotA 2 related and not one post in here :(

Valve don't care about Steam anymore confirmed.

"hacked to make it conceivable." It would be literally impossible without the pausing. Not it's merely borderline impossible.

Sure, it's conceivable now that they've pretty fundamentally changed what Dark Souls is. Which is fine and all, but it's no longer Dark Souls.

Caerith

Apparently there's a version with full H-scenes this time. :p It's on Denpasoft, but I won't link it because of very NSFW images.

Also, some of you may already know this, but, Sakura Angels now has full voice acting (in Japanese).

How can a Sakura game have H scenes? Did they find an artist who's actually seen a human body before?

Dr Dogg

Right so here are some of my OG Ethan Carter pics
15362036892_a5760326fe_o.png
15175749838_89874c974f_o.png

15362321515_a3146ee992_o.png
15339302806_a0d355d216_o.png

They're from quite early in the game if you follow the bridge round to the dam (about an hour if you do the first investigation) if anyone wants to do a comparison. I might have a play about later but I'm pining for some sneaky MGS stealth.

Valve don't care about Steam anymore confirmed.

If they did a certain Mr Shackles would be an employee.

About the same I'd say. Getting mid 40's in the starting area at 2560x1440 like I was in the OG version. Not sure on the differences as it's been a while and I don't have the original version installed.

That's good enough for me.

And does anyone know what happened with the MGSV 9/11 stuff? Did anything come of it? I see there is another P.T./Silent Hills conspiracy theory of the week thread, is that it?

Deitus

And does anyone know what happened with the MGSV 9/11 stuff? Did anything come of it? I see there is another P.T./Silent Hills conspiracy theory of the week thread, is that it?

Well it's still 9/11 in the US, so there's still time for something to happen.
Nothing is going to happen.

Hektor

You are FORCED by a story mission to build a FOB. At least this is what I read, since I'm still on mission 11.

Well, you're only forced to do that if you're online and there really is no reason to play online if you have no interest in doing FOB stuff, since thats the only thing tied to it. (And very, very useless dispatch missions that nobody is playing because they're awful and the offline ones are a thousand times better.)

yuraya

You are FORCED by a story mission to build a FOB. At least this is what I read, since I'm still on mission 11.

That is not true. You are forced to do a tutorial of invading your own base. That is the mission. After you do that you can continue with the game without ever touching the FOB tab. You can come back anytime later and buy the free FOB.

Copons

I think it's still the best solution. But why are you looking for something better? Have you got any problem with it?

Not a single problem (since some weird issue on my bootcamped MacBook where sometime I have to reinstall it to make it work, but I blame Apple), it's just that I did a fresh Win install and I wondered if in the last couple of years someone came up with a better solutions.

But eh, meanwhile I just installed it anyway. :D

Sure, it's conceivable now that they've pretty fundamentally changed what Dark Souls is. Which is fine and all, but it's no longer Dark Souls.

By virtue of it being controlled by more than one person makes it "no longer Dark Souls," in that it's not being played as intended. It already changes what Dark Souls was, and now the speed is scaled to accommodate the input. An arena shooter ported to a console for gamepad control having camera acceleration/sensitivity and aim-assist tweaks might "fundamentally change what the game is," but someone beating a bunch of other players using the same control scheme will still be legitimate.

There being any semblance of coordination between a ~100 or so people controlling one avatar is amazing, even at one frame a minute. That speed doesn't take away from how substantial the progress is. If it was one person playing, it'd be a TAS run. But it's not just one person.

Now while Rashid looks great, I'm a little disappointed that this just gives more confirmation to the leaked character lists, which takes a bit of excitement out of it. I'm also quite a bit salty that that'd keep Juri out of the starting roster. We better get her soon Capcom!

Spoiler culture's ruining my gaming experience

Rashid, the new Street Fighter V character, looks pretty cool really. Some gameplay footage here. I'm also wanting this as an alt costume.

Now while Rashid looks great, I'm a little disappointed that this just gives more confirmation to the leaked character lists, which takes a bit of excitement out of it. I'm also quite a bit salty that that'd keep Juri out of the starting roster. We better get her soon Capcom!

I haven't seen a list and don't bother to look for ones for fighting games anyway. Juri was a nice character in 4 but, I would rather them hold off on 4 characters for awhile. That's just me personally since I am not the biggest fan of actually playing SF4 in general.

WATWATWAT Chariot got a shoutout by the dev?? XD

:steamfacepalm:

Dr Dogg

WATWATWAT Chariot got a shoutout by the dev?? XD

Let me give you a top tip for tomfoolery. On any webpage find an element of text you want to add some flavour to, highlight it and right click then click Inspect Element. In the console that pops up find the element that has come up (might be in div tags, p tags or even span tagged) and then right click and select Edit Text. Put in what you want and hey presto the web page will render as if that's what it originally said with no need for pissing about in Photoshop. Print screen, upload to web, post in SteamGAF then sit back and laugh as folks get suckered in.

Example.

:steamfacepalm:
Lashman will sometimes use photoshop to add humor to the descriptions.
:v I was born, raised and live in a very small town in rural Germany, so being naive and gullible is the par for me. No, I don't work on a vegetable farm.
Let me give you a top tip for tomfoolery. On any webpage find an element of text you want to add some flavour to, highlight it and right click then click Inspect Element. In the console that pops up find the element that has come up (might be in div tags, p tags or even span tagged) and then right click and select Edit Text. Put in what you want and hey presto the web page will render as if that's what it originally said with no need for pissing about in Photoshop. Print screen, upload to web, post in SteamGAF then sit back and laugh as folks get suckered in.

Example.
Woooow. This is some "1337 hax0r" stuff. Bookmarked for future shenanigans!

Jawmuncher

tumblr_nuj6wwAlje1qzw06jo1_500.png

Zyklon and other Christine Love fans there's a small demo for My Twin Brother Made Me Crossdress As Him And Now I Have To Deal With A Geeky Stalker And A Domme Beauty Who Want Me In A Bind!!

Missed playing the special five-minute long teaser of Ladykiller in a Bind we made for PAX? Now you can download it!

DISCLAIMER: this is not the final engine, and it’s not very optimized, so it may not run well on computers that the final version will have no problem with. (If you’re running on Windows on HiDPI, you’ll have to disable scaling in compatibility settings.) Also, it is definitely not safe for work.

Download the Demo Here
http://loveconquersallgam.es/post/128869062193/missed-playing-the-special-five-minute-long-teaser

mrgone

How long is Volgar? I'm in the mood for a platformer due to Mario Maker streams.
thinking.gif

Volgarr's probably not going to scratch your Mario itch, it's a totally different type of platformer (it's really great, just a more methodical type of hack-and-slash game with a lot of learning by dying. A whole lot of dying.). Something like one of the Rayman games, Shovel Knight, or Giana Sisters Twisted Dreams would fit the Mario style of platformer better.

edit: Or yeah, what Tizoc said :)

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey

Jawmuncher

Rashid, the new Street Fighter V character, looks pretty cool really. Some gameplay footage here. I'm also wanting this as an alt costume.

There's still some slight hope.the gematsu stuff isn't necessarily 100%

Ozium

gameplay is shit in mgsv too the more you play it the more you can figure out how to completely break the game and the only thing preventing you from doing so is yourself.

horrible design.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom