• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dr Dogg

Oooohh nice. Here's some extra deets.

http://www.theastronauts.com/2015/09/the-vanishing-of-ethan-carter-redux-out-now/

Edit: Restart the client and it should show up as well.

0ZgiJ5v.png

FloatOn

I missed much of the final fantasy 5 talk yesterday. I'll just chime in and say that I tried playing final fantasy 4 on steam recently and I just can't do it guys.

final fantasy 4 was my first final fantasy game and I remember loving it. But I just can't go back to that antiquated nonsense.

maybe it's a matter of mood but I just can't get behind jrpg combat anymore. which is weird because it's not a knock against turn-based combat in general (I loved XCOM for example and I suspect I'll love Original Sin). I can't put my finger on it but something about jrpgs are just so unfulfilling to me right now.

Jawmuncher

pretty sure sekai project doesnt have to go through greenlight. unless im mistaken, the fault milestone vns didnt have a greenlight page.

i think they just choose to do it for winged cloud vns for... reasons.

Yeah that's what I was getting at. Like they have to ask steam buyers if they want more Sakura, even though they make it through ASAP every time.

Caerith

Yeah that's what I was getting at. Like they have to ask steam buyers if they want more Sakura, even though they make it through ASAP every time.

Probably so they could wash their hands of it, and when the question "why is this garbage on Steam?" arises they can say it wasn't up to them.

Dsyndrome

Oooohh nice. Here's some extra deets.

http://www.theastronauts.com/2015/09/the-vanishing-of-ethan-carter-redux-out-now/

Edit: Restart the client and it should show up as well.

Nice they did that. Probably won't replay since they're the same achievements and my backlog's always staring at me. Is anything else different besides the engine?
Answer to my own question:
Story-wise both games are identical. There are no extra quests or secrets in the Redux version. Note that “Redux” is sort of an unofficial tag, we do not even feature the word on the game’s art.
Except for healthcare. ;_;

Also why isn't the statue clapping?
To satisfy your requirement:
YOldrk0.jpg

I should see this someday.

Anyone with any experience with W40K Space Marine's MP? How good/bad/dead is it?

It's horde mode and kinda dead. Seems to revive for a while with each sale. It's kinda fun and mindless but I've spent more time playing and re-playing the campaign than I have playing the multiplayer.

Jazz573

Probably so they could wash their hands of it, and when the question "why is this garbage on Steam?" arises they can say it wasn't up to them.

Apparently there's a version with full H-scenes this time. :p It's on Denpasoft, but I won't link it because of very NSFW images.

Also, some of you may already know this, but, Sakura Angels now has full voice acting (in Japanese).

I kinda want to get The Incredible Adventures of Van Helsing (the first game) on GOG since it's $5 and I don't have it...but saw that they are supposed to be releasing a "Final Cut" version with all 3 games combined this month sometime...decisions decisions

That should read 'Twitch beats 'horrifically hacked in order to make it so easy a baby could beat it' Dark Souls' hardest boss duo'

"hacked to make it conceivable." It would be literally impossible without the pausing. Not it's merely borderline impossible.

FloatOn

Anyone with any experience with W40K Space Marine's MP? How good/bad/dead is it?

I loved it back in the day. But I'm pretty sure its dead now. It has a horde mode and the standard team deathmatch type modes.

I loved the different load out options you could unlock.

Vuze

Yes sadly is possible. FOB invasions continue to happen even in offline mode. No matter what, the exact moment you log into Konami servers, the game will calculate every invasion you got, taking off resources and staff members from you.
Ugh that sucks. If I didn't know better I'd guess there's a paid anti-invasion microtransaction for 0,99$ per soldier lol

Maniac

Banned
Yep you're reading that right you can use DSR and Resolution Scale to get 7680x4320 as a rendering resolution on just a 1920x1080 monitor.

And I thought the game looked great before...

Like, it's literally the most beautiful game I've ever played, and having played The Witcher 3 downsampled with some SweetFX tweaks and some Nexus bits and bobs, that's saying something.

It's just so fucking purdy. Not to mention the best detective game I've played in ages, and it's a really good spin on the point & click games of yore.
Being a dirty american continues to amazing <3 Everything is cheap
God-bless-america-glitter-fireworks-graphic.gif

My country uses danish Kroner, and the euro has fallen whilst the kroner has aswell, so the conversion is almost the same as it's always been. And my salary, or lack thereof, is the same, and the games cost the same as they always have.

But I have motherfucking healthcare and I'm being paid to just live in this country. #Shrekt.
Ugh that sucks. If I didn't know better I'd guess there's a paid anti-invasion microtransaction for 0,99$ per soldier lol

The more FOBs you have, the better your defense is (and the amount of DQ's you can have, as far as I'm told)

And you can only get one FOB without spending money (or getting the daily rewards for well over a year, if I remember the maths correctly)

So... There's atleast that. Yay!

#FucKonami

Deitus

It's horde mode and kinda dead. Seems to revive for a while with each sale. It's kinda fun and mindless but I've spent more time playing and re-playing the campaign than I have playing the multiplayer.

Well there's also a competitive multiplayer option (deathmatch and control point modes), which I found to be pretty fun, but I'm sure that's just as dead.

Dr Dogg

Btw what DSR smoothing factor do you prefer ?

Depends on the resolution, the display I'm using and if I'm using a post AA or not. If I'm using a multiple of 4 I don't bother but if I'm rendering at 2560x1440 on a 1920x1080 display I'll have a play around until there's an acceptable level of shimmering. Generally I only do factors of 1.78, 2.25 and 4. I don't find it that good a substitute for a better interpolation method (it's a gaussian blur after all) but it's all down to personal preference so find what works for you I'd say.

Knurek

Question: Why is the PCMR version of Ethan Carter twice as small as the UE3 old version?

I mean, 5 GB vs 10 GB. I thought they didn't change anything graphically, is UE4 that much improved asset compression-wise?

She's actually crying. Because Serena.

You should feel ashamed of your words and deeds. Apparently, it's all Drake's fault anyway.

I loved it back in the day. But I'm pretty sure its dead now. It has a horde mode and the standard team deathmatch type modes.

I loved the different load out options you could unlock.

Good call on the avatar. 1) Getting one, and 2) picking a Modest Mouse one.

Question: does anyone know of any good reviews for the Steam Link? Specifically, those that deal with the in-home streaming.

My only exposure to in-home streaming was with a reconstructed old laptop, and it wasn't exactly smooth. It's wireless was pretty outdated, so I guess that's the culprit. The strong recommendation for Ethernet on the Steam Link is suspect.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom