• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Omega

Banned
I'm so confused by the last few pages.

Who gives a fuck about the scoring system in MGS? So, you're 'rewarded' with a high five if you turn it into a murder simulator? Ok......yup, don't care. Still playing how I want and enjoying my S, A, B ranks.

Ozzy is trolling right? He just has to be.

Dude pretends to like Molyneux. do you really have to ask?

Turfster

Played through Ravenholm level in HL2 and it was a lot more scary in my mind. I remember getting wrecked in this place when I was a teenager, especially the part where you need to wait "the thing that I don't know the name in English and I'm to lazy right now to look it up" to neet with father Grigori. Still has an awesome atmosphere after all these years.

They kinda broke the fast zombies in one of the updates, which killed a lot of the tension.

GaussTek

clWsvbd.png

I think this deserves a "SHOCKING NEWS!"

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻

I wouldn't be so angry if we at least know when is Trails of Cold Steel releasing :(

Finally finished Taiwan in Alpha Protocol. Crazy when you think that it is the first area after the tutorial and I am already at over 22 hours! Games has some serious legs. The missions themselves don't even feel padded or rinse-repeat-y. Also helps that I try to stealth (no alarm triggering), so I have to restart certain checkpoints some times.
Still, there is yet the burning-out feeling to creep up. Now I am in Moscow and my hideout is pretty luxurious and snazzy. The diverse locations nicely sell the globetrotting spy image. This is a cool game. Repeating areas several times until you successfully clear it with special skills, gadgets and tactics altogether in the end - without getting an alarm - , is very satisfying.

Finally finished Taiwan in Alpha Protocol. Crazy when you think that it is the first area after the tutorial and I am already at over 22 hours! Games has some serious legs. The missions themselves don't even feel padded or rinse-repeat-y. Also helps that I try to stealth (no alarm triggering), so I have to restart certain checkpoints some times.
Still, there is yet the burning-out feeling to creep up. Now I am in Moscow and my hideout is pretty luxurious and snazzy. The diverse locations nicely sell the globetrotting spy image. This is a cool game. Repeating areas several times until you successfully clear it with special skills, gadgets and tactics altogether in the end - without getting an alarm - , is very satisfying.

Yeah.....but lockpicking though...

Looks like the "new" mgs stuff was a hoax, as expected.
smh

So we were played.....aw nevermind.

Coming from TW3, MGSV's world feels pretty bland.

I wish Cold Steel was cross-buy, both systems are pretty much dead, they could throw a bone to the people still buying games for them.

Uzzy

Oh yeah, me too. For the most part, when the checkpoints don't fuck you in the ass without even having the courtesy to use lube.

Sigh. It's just a really, really dumb way to design a stealth game.

Anyway, am off to bed. Nighty peoples.

It's not a stealth game. At least, not a pure stealth game. Going in guns blazing is a perfectly valid way to go about things. It gives you the freedom to play it as a pure stealth game, an action game, or a mix. Which is brilliant.

It's Tactical Espionage Operations for a reason.

The GMP rewards being linked to your ranking is slightly surprising, I honestly hadn't noticed. But that's a balance issue really. If there was a chance at more work being done on the game, I imagine that would get tweaked.

The game is 60USD on both the Aussie Steam client and website. Not sure how they got 90USD. Not using any VPN's or anything.

Looks like they dropped the price, I wonder if it was a genuine mistake or a cynical cash grab gone wrong. Considering that Borderlands: Pre-Sequal is still US$69.99 on Aus steam and the fact that 2K are going to 2K I'm betting on the cash grab.

Here are a few extras, should all work as I just "uncovered" them.

ModBot said:
Instructions for arts&crafts:
Press the quote button to the left of this PM, select the quoted text, copy, and paste in the thread. You can remove these lines from the version you paste.

Instructions for participants:
I am giving away 8 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- No need to thank me. Please don't post thank you messages in thread or in PM.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- This is a free for all! You can enter for multiple games on the list below. Send an individual PM for each game you'd like to win.
- This giveaway is a LIGHTNING raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 15 minutes after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Slinki -- MB-DC8BCA81385BFA90 - Taken by gurm3n. 1 entrants total.
Way of Gold and Steel -- MB-6DBE8C4FFBB0C659 - Taken by Catshade. 8 entrants total.
Star Chronicles -- MB-B5E522DDB0CF451B - Taken by Kifimbo. 2 entrants total.
Nomad -- MB-041B8FC208861BCB - Taken by Sammichu. 2 entrants total.
Kill the Bad Guy -- MB-47C18EBCD7078489 - Taken by Mikurden. 2 entrants total.
Fitz the Fox -- MB-37442E5A29E44A83 - Taken by Ozium. 2 entrants total.
Hordelicous -- MB-959A1A7DA1D7D4DF - Taken by Sarcasm. 4 entrants total.
They Breathe -- MB-C6CFC3835F683A01 - Taken by alr1ght. 1 entrants total.

t1442022361z1.png

so im chilling doing mission 21 and all of a sudden the game tells me my base is getting invaded... the fuck? i never even did the setting up shit, anyways i get to my base and its infested with enemies and I die, i lost soldiers cause of that bs... wtf man, that shit is straight up lame, i don't want to do the motherbase nonsense until i've gotten everything i want

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
so im chilling doing mission 21 and all of a sudden the game tells me my base is getting invaded... the fuck? i never even did the setting up shit, anyways i get to my base and its infested with enemies and I die, i lost soldiers cause of that bs... wtf man, that shit is straight up lame, i don't want to do the motherbase nonsense until i've gotten everything i want

That's a story quest version, you'll need to get through it to progress.

Ozium

Hordelicious is a fun little top down shooter.. one of the better indie ones I've played--tight controls, tight aiming... fun for what it is

Question regarding Nuuvem: how do I see what countries something is available in? I'm in the US, trying to buy a DLC pack, and it says it's not available.

gelf

GMP rewards are based off of the ranks. If you go guns blazing with a rocket launcher you're likely to get 5x as much GMP as otherwise.

And it being so irrelevant is just another reason that it shouldn't be in the game to start with, or atleast be so fucking terrible.

This is disappointing to hear and explains why I always feel short of funds and that I need to grind to buy stuff. I always play these games stealth as I actually hate pure 3rd person shooters most of the time.

ModBot

Not a mod, just a bot.
Thanks to an anonymous benefactor, I am giving away 2 Steam keys. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below that corresponds to the game you want. (if you include more than one game, you will be blocked from entering). Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- Do not trade keys you win off-site to enrich yourself. Don't try to claim games you have no interest in collecting or playing. Don't claim games to give them to friends off-site.
- If the key is already taken you will not receive a reply. Replies may take a minute or two.

Mind: Path to Thalamus -- MB-2318BCC50EE67128 - Taken by iosefe
The Silent Age -- MB-E7C3466809CF22EA - Taken by alr1ght

Forgot I even had this as part of my Kickstarter pledge:
ModBot said:
Instructions for participants:
I am giving away a Steam key. To enter this giveaway, send a PM to ModBot with any subject line. In the body, copy and paste the entire line from the message below containing the game you want to enter for. Confused? Watch this GIF tutorial or ask for help.

ModBot Basics:
- This giveaway has a manual blocklist. The giver has identified members who abuse giveaways and restricted them from participating.
- I really appreciate thank you messages, but please send them to me (Fuzzification, not ModBot!) via PM instead of in thread.

Rules for this Giveaway:
- If you are a lurker you are not eligible for this giveaway. You need five or more posts in either the current Steam thread or the previous one to be eligible
- This giveaway is a raffle. The winners will be selected by random draw 3 hours after the draw was created. Any games not claimed after that point will be given away first come first serve.

Pillars of Eternity: Kickstarter Hero Edition -- MB-670B9CD9095BB66D - Taken by Nyteshade517. 20 entrants total.

t1442035023z1.png

The game is 60USD on both the Aussie Steam client and website. Not sure how they got 90USD. Not using any VPN's or anything.
It was definitely USD $89.95 when I saw it pop up in my client yesterday. I promptly laughed and went back to playing Mad Max.

zkylon

zkylewd
It's far more than that. You know how in depth MGS fans can be, so when they hear all of these promises about what MGSV was going to have. I can understand their frustration. There's a reason the "You will be ashamed of your words and deed" is a joke now in every thread it's posted in. I don't think anyone is taking away from his prior accomplishments though. Just because you don't like MGSV, doesn't somehow make MGS1 any lesser of a game. Regardless the situation is just circles at this point.

Kojima/Konami fucked up with what they said the game was going to have and offer, no way around that. That doesn't necessarily take away from the game itself, especially if you were more so on blackout (Though even then you might notice when you come to beat it)

Really not much else to it. People really don't like missing content from games, especially when it was shown prior or detracts from the story. As for Kojima himself, everyone is open to criticism. When you make yourself such a figurehead of a series it's more prominent.
i never had issue with ppl calling out kojima and konami on things, but i think pitchforking makes people look like children and just sabotages any conversation that could be had

also i think randomly accusing people of being pathological liars or whatever is a pretty fucked up and insensitive thing to do

rtcn63

MGSV
Snake should just get bionic legs. I had to run the entire length of a route trying to catch up to a cargo truck. And then I died because the ninja turtles appeared and I wasn't equipped to fight them. So yeah fuck I'm done for the night.

zkylon

zkylewd
anything of interest in the last humble bundle sale day?

that to be or not to be thing looked funny

the game isn't really that long and is very much a replayable wonder so if you're not tired of it by the time you finish it i recommend trying it again with like new choices

story always follows kind of the same line but there's a lot of variables that can change and a lot of nice surprises that i kept finding even after my fourth playthrough

Turfster

anything of interest in the last humble bundle sale day?
Not quite the last day, the encore lasts all weekend.
You should have most of these already, but anyway:
The Fall
The Swapper
FTL
Eldritch
Her Story
Monaco

alrighty, thanks

i have all of those except for eldritch cos i know it has spiders in it

also i need a new antivirus, avira is crap

Eh, it nags (like all of them do in free mode), but it's got good protection results.

zkylon

zkylewd
Not quite the last day, the encore lasts all weekend.
You should have most of these already, but anyway:
The Fall
The Swapper
FTL
Eldritch
Her Story
Monaco
alrighty, thanks

Jazz573

alrighty, thanks

I use BitDefender. It's been the number one choice on PC Magazine for the past few years. Also ranks high on sites like AV-Comparitives. Mind you, that's for the paid version. There are some annoyances with the free version.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom