• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.

Maniac

Banned
I've seen other people's missing cats show up a month later, coming up to my door and chilling with my cats (who have zero interest in going outside, thankfully). Never stop looking.

Problem is I put up flyers with a picture of her on it and a little like, reward or whatever. After several days, that is, earlier today, someone finally called. They said someone they know had hit her and that they'd called the... Like, animal-control-thingiemajiggidy... So I went where she said it'd happened, and I couldn't see shit. And we tried calling animal control and they haven't picked up a dead cat in over two weeks in our area... Then I went back there to check the bushes and whatnot to see if... Well, my dead cat was there, but nothing. Then I was approached by some immigrant lady that spoke fifty words of danish at best, who asked if I was looking for my cat and then she said something about a road nearby and something with cat(s?), where I then went and... Well, yeah, nothing. It's a huge stretch of road and I had no idea what she specifically meant and... Fuck, I don't know. If the one that called originally was right it sounded like she was dead, so I've no fucking idea what's what. So I've really lost all hope, cause I'm pretty sure she's... Yeah.

I just wish I actually knew atleast. Is she dead? Did she survive? Is someone taking care of her? Is she lying dead somewhere else entirely?

Fucking hell man. This is what I get for living a minute away from a ghetto where half the people don't even speak my language. God damnit.

And yes, I realise this is mostly rambling nonsense, but my brain is fucking fried and I've a fucking internship interview (that'd probably lead to proper employment) coming up this week... Great timing.

I really also just want to hope she's alive and well, and that I'll get my lil' kitty back, but it's so fucking unlikely if not entirely impossible that it's just... Hard to do. But on the other hand, when you're already really, really depressed and then have this happen, it's... Really hard to function at the bare-minimum level without some sort of optimistic, impossible hopes.

God damnit.
And speaking of God, fuck that guy too. What a dick.

deejay

Christ, how long does it take for Steam support to even reply...

Sure, it's been just a couple of days but every other company at least would've replied by now, even if the reply would've been totally useless.

Just terrible.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
why are all the bosses black in mad max

Black people excel at dehumanising stares. :p

Sure, it's been just a couple of days but every other company at least would've replied by now, even if the reply would've been totally useless.

Just terrible.

Generally 1-3 days outside of sale periods. If you haven't heard anything by tomorrow, bump the ticket.

Just terrible.

Sometimes they never respond. Seriously, no joke, its really random if you ever get a response and when.

Omega

Banned

Just terrible.

To make it worse, you wait this long and you'll get just as useless of a response.

Made a thread awhile back where I tried to add $5 to my account for CSGO keys, Valve took my money but it never showed up in my wallet. Took them like a week to reply and all they replied with was "sign out and sign back in" (as if I didn't do that at least once over the course of a week)

Sini

Just terrible.

Usually it takes up to two weeks (3 experiences) unless it's money related question (2 days from one experience), but now I've had one ticket open for over 4 months.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
Sometimes they never respond. Seriously, no joke, its really random if you ever get a response and when.

That happened to me once, but my issue was sorted despite the complete lack of communication. I bought a pre-purchase copy of Space Hulk through a trader that wouldn't activate, so I submitted a ticket requesting that my TF2 keys be returned if the gift cannot be replaced. Several days later, I happened to check the final page of my gift inventory and noticed the broken gift had been replaced with a functional one, however my ticket had not been replied to and there was no inventory notification.

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
RrDEgbT.jpg

Aerannis

Carmageddon Complete Pack

"Plovdiv, the year 2XXX. Men have ceased to exist. Society is wholly under the control of mysterious shapeshifters who take the form of humans and monsters. Few believe the reports of their existence, and those who discover their existence don't often live long enough to tell the tale. "

Did they get that story from a random plot generator?

zkylon

zkylewd
really sorry to hear about ur cat maniac, hope she shows up ok

that's been my experience so far, sent my ticket for my screensshot uploading woes, got the generic "ticket in processing" email and no response yet

it's been less than a week and tbh i didn't give them that much info cos i have no idea what the issue's about (sounds to me like something on their end cos i didn't change anything)

hopefully it'll get fixed somehow someday, it's really frustrating not being able to post pictures of videogame genitalia on steam

I did!
No results found for "Is advent rising worth 99 cents?"
I was kinda joking and quoted frost's mo :v
But yeah, when Advent Rising was on sale some months ago, I watched a stream of it. Looks repetitive, a bit bland. Definitely not as interesting as the steam screens make it look. It's pre-ps360 3rd-person shootero.
Not a bad game but will you play it?

https://youtu.be/fGZj6U8Mcso

Firaxis panel at PAX prime, showing off units from Rising Tide and Xcom 2. The boos and groans that Jake Solomon gets when some of the units and abilities are unveiled is hilarious.

"Your tears are my candy"

Xcom 2 looks great. I hope my rig can run it, or I can afford to upgrade before it comes out.

Are the Halo Spartan games a good pickup for a little over $3 with that bundle? I know they are just top-down shooters but they seem like they would be fun enough.

Parsnip

I've been doing periodic testing with the nightly build, and have yet to get it working with a modified version of Enhanced Steam. There's still a lot that needs done on their end.
Thanks for keeping an eye on it. Hopefully they'll get it fully featured and stable soon.

You and your pervy thoughts about inferior 3D women.
Jazz probably prefers everyone's favorite Idol Of Peace.

Hektor

Is there an approximate releasedate for TftBorderlands Ep. 5? Already finished 1-3.

Firaxis panel at PAX prime, showing off units from Rising Tide and Xcom 2. The boos and groans that Jake Solomon gets when some of the units and abilities are unveiled is hilarious.

Xcom 2 looks great. I hope my rig can run it, or I can afford to upgrade before it comes out.

Im not gonna touch this alone, im sparing myself for the release version. You can only experience the first contact with an alien one time, you want him to be the right one.

TFB Ep 5's ETA is "Not Soon Enough"
I'm convinced that Atilla and Long Dark are actual midweek deals that went up early.

The Long Dark's page mentions the week-long sale, so no. But it's Early Access so bizarre sales are par for the course.

Attila is just bundle-tier. Must've cratered really well. (Edit: Oh, there's some DLC for it coming out tomorrow. That would... kinda explain the sale, I guess.)

Shadownet

Banned

Just terrible.
Its kinda inconsistent, like last week I bought something and request a refund 3 hours later. The ticket went through in 5 hours, and the game was gone from my account. (Money took like 2-3 days to get back to me but that's something else)

Since it was brought up: would i get more out of playing TOTBL if i play through Borderlands 2 first or does it not matter?

I'm more in the mood for a telltale game than trying to start BL2 for the third time and not getting anywhere again.

Corpekata

Banned
Since it was brought up: would i get more out of playing TOTBL if i play through Borderlands 2 first or does it not matter?

I'm more in the mood for a telltale game than trying to start BL2 for the third time and not getting anywhere again.

You'll get more out of it. It's a direct story sequel to that in a few regards and some threads from pre-sequel as well.

Probably enjoyable without pre-sequel stuff but I'd recommend BL2 at least.

You'll get more out of it. It's a direct story sequel to that in a few regards and some threads from pre-sequel as well.

Probably enjoyable without pre-sequel stuff but I'd recommend BL2 at least.

ahh crap fine. I'll do it, i'll get it out of the way before the year is over so i can give this series a go.

I never finished BL2 and played about 10 minutes of the pre-sequel before getting tired of that crap.

But the Tales game is great and I've been enjoying it greatly with only a cursory knowledge of some of the back-story stuff.

I know basically about handsome jack and stuff from my few hours with BL2. Maybe that's all i need!

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.

I never finished BL2 and played about 10 minutes of the pre-sequel before getting tired of that crap.

But the Tales game is great and I've been enjoying it greatly with only a cursory knowledge of some of the back-story stuff.

MUnited83

For you.
Its kinda inconsistent, like last week I bought something and request a refund 3 hours later. The ticket went through in 5 hours, and the game was gone from my account. (Money took like 2-3 days to get back to me but that's something else)
Nothing to with support though, refunds are handled automatically.

Omega

Banned
Are the Halo Spartan games a good pickup for a little over $3 with that bundle? I know they are just top-down shooters but they seem like they would be fun enough.

I enjoyed the first one. People complain that there's microtransactions but it's completely optional, not to mention pointless as none of the guns you can buy are really worth it.

jshackles

Gentlemen, we can rebuild it. We have the capability to make the world's first enhanced store. Steam will be that store. Better than it was before.
I know basically about handsome jack and stuff from my few hours with BL2. Maybe that's all i need!

I'd say you're probably fine, at least it sounds like you're kinda in the same boat I was when I started. I had also played (and actually liked) the original Borderlands, so that helped too. There are obviously references I'm missing, but I think if I ever got he inkling to play BL2 to completion or pre-sequel than I'd probably catch them then.

Or replay Tales of the Borderlands, because it's actually a pretty good game.

Nzyme32

Xcom 2 looks amazing and as if it will be awesomely difficult. The "Your tears are like candy to me" is so on point. The idea of 3 Chrysalids spawning from a single cocooned soldier is awful and amazing haha!

Caerith

Yeah, I'm always afraid something will happen to my cats. I'm glad they don't want to go outside, but it's a messed up world we live in.

I'm considering getting Tales when it's finished. I don't have any interest in the franchise or setting, but if they go the full season without Claptrap then maybe it's worth it.

I'd say you're probably fine, at least it sounds like you're kinda in the same boat I was when I started. I had also played (and actually liked) the original Borderlands, so that helped too. There are obviously references I'm missing, but I think if I ever got he inkling to play BL2 to completion or pre-sequel than I'd probably catch them then.

Or replay Tales of the Borderlands, because it's actually a pretty good game.

I platinum'd BL1 back on the PS3 so i like some of the series. but I think i was both burned out on BL when BL2 came out and thought that the meme-y writing was terrible and off putting.

So i know enough to know that i could probably do with knowing more but i'd rather know less because trying to know more means i have to play something i like less.

Corpekata

Banned
Is the DLC for BL2 relevant to the Telltale game?

Not really. One minor character from the Scarlet DLC shows up, and I think Mr. Torgue is mentioned offhand, but nothing where you'd really get a ton out of it other than "hey, it's that guy" sort of stuff.

MUnited83

For you.
How Tales From Borderlands' writing compare to the full Borderlands games?

In terms of percentages, it's an ungodly huge ammount of difference, like Tales of Borderlands is written 89482309382849239083892749823789738942738974234228974% better than to the other Borderlands games.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom