• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

STEAM | September 2015 - The Phantom Pre-Load or: AAA Movies Are Just +1s To Us

Status
Not open for further replies.
so , Toukiden 2 is coming for vita and PS4
maybe it will be 60FPS for steam this time ?

Toukiden was on both Vita and PS4 and ran at 30fps, I don't understand your logic.

only the steam thread gets upset if it goes slightly off topic lol.

cuz whatever will we do without lashman posting garbage indie games no one even wants for free.

Yeah, well, you know, that’s just, like, your opinion, man.

To be honest, I think that you are really wrong here

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member

cuz whatever will we do without lashman posting garbage indie games no one even wants for free.

Unnecessary. Do you think you're contributing to the community by being unpleasant?

Maniac

Banned

Garbage?

Get the fuck out.

And no, I'm not being sarcastic.

What the fuck is Yakuza anyway?

lashman

Steam-GAF's Official Ambassador to Gaming-GAF
xAkSYdY.jpg

Hacker's Beat

JJUv374.jpg

Shapes of Gray

sA0atx9.jpg

Woof Blaster

BnVwrc1.jpg

Good Robot

HOTe0Si.jpg

Ancestory (gaffer-made)

kua4Kiz.jpg

Dinosaur Hunt: Africa Contract

Maniac

Banned
Unnecessary. Do you think you're contributing to the community by being unpleasant?

He just wants some of that french cock.

But yeah, this being a community means we should be talking about us, the actual people that make up the community, and the topic our community revolves around.

And on a personal level Sony has fuck all to do with anyone here, nor does Sony have anything at all to do with Steam.
A game you don't need to worry about unless you live in Japan unless they are convinced to localize either release announced.

Oh, one of those trite things. Aight. Coo'.
I don't want to be rude but for all of thse that were complaining about off-topic in this thread there is Steam News thread in Gaming section that is always on-topic. And it is more-less dead and nobody is posting things there. So if you want strictly Steam related talk you have place to do it.

Doesn't change we ought to stay on-topic as much as possible, whereas even the members of this community, since we supposedly are a community, are relevant.

Sony is not, and Sony has a ton of their own dedicated threads for the wank they have to poop out for the plebstation.

Maxwood

Oh rock of ages, do not crumble, love is breathing still. Oh lady moon shine down, a little people magic if you will.
A series of awesome videogames.
Really enjoyed Yakuza 3, I would love to see one or more come to PC. Seeing as Dragon's Dogma is coming out next year, I now believe anything can happen.

Never finished the game, should get back to it some day. Spent way too much time playing pool and hitting random goons with commercial signs, but the story was pretty interesting as well.

Tizoc

I'd take Vanquish over the entirety of Yakuza coming to PC any day of the week. I'm sure Sega will choose right when the time comes.

vxSMNGu.gif

Well it's almost October so we'll get a surprise announcement from them in 3 months time.

When's the next PC gaming-related expo/event gonna be?

Jawmuncher

Did they say if it'd have offline co-op?

Nothing about offline yet. Though it is a purely MP game so it might not happen. However Dusk Golem did some cool analysis and there are levels from other RE games in it. Such as the villages from RE4 & 5. So will be interesting to see what they show off in the next few months.

FloatOn

How is it that games like resident evil fart out sequel after sequel while actual good games like Alan Wake only get a spin off?

Ludens

Banned
The more I play MGSV, the more I ask myself what the hell happened to the story. Because there's no story. Kojima put all the cutscenes in those trailers...man, those trailers also contain stuff not present in the game anymore.
This is just stupid. Excluding the prologue in like 45 hours I played I saw like 10 minutes of cutscene and none of them add something usefull to the plot.

The game is fun, but playing it seems like playing side-ops from Ground Zeroes.
In its structure, Ground Zeroes was a better game then TPP, because in TPP story missions feel and play exactly as side-ops.

There's much story in those trailers than in the full game.

Also why when
you rescue Miller, Snake tells "Kaz, I'm already a demon". I mean, why? That line is TOTALLY out of place.

It's like if I ask you if you want a piece of cake and you tell me "I already got a dump".

If TPP wasn't in development for a good amount of years, I would say it was rushed like hell.
Even Peace Walker with its good amount of bullshit it's a better game than TPP.

Jawmuncher

The more I play MGSV, the more I ask myself what the hell happened to the story. Because there's no story. Kojima put all the cutscenes in those trailers...man, those trailers also contain stuff not present in the game anymore.
This is just stupid. Excluding the prologue in like 45 hours I played I saw like 10 minutes of cutscene and none of them add something usefull to the plot.

The game is fun, but playing it seems like playing side-ops from Ground Zeroes.
In its structure, Ground Zeroes was a better game then TPP, because in TPP story missions feel and play exactly as side-ops.

There's much story in those trailers than in the full game.

Also why when
you rescue Miller, Snake tells "Kaz, I'm already a demon". I mean, why? That line is TOTALLY out of place.

It's like if I ask you if you want a piece of cake and you tell me "I already got a dump".

If TPP wasn't in development for a good amount of years, I would say it was rushed like hell.
Even Peace Walker with its good amount of bullshit it's a better game than TPP.

I still bet the issue was that working on the engine so long, took away from actual dev time.

Ludens

Banned
I still bet the issue was that working on the engine so long, took away from actual dev time.

I'm still curious to see if those cut contents will appear later in a Substance version or they are just dead.

Also I'm VERY happy for Yakuza 1 remake, I played it recently and it's maybe the best Yakuza game, still a bit repetitive, but at least the story is much focused than Yakuza 4 (the only Yakuza game I played).

Hopefully Sega won't screw this release, since they took the dumb decision to release Yakuza HD Collection on Japan only why they could use old translations and distribute those titles digitally and no one would argue with that.

EDIT: That Biohazard game looks like garbage. It seems like Operation Raccoon City 2.0, not that someone asked for that.

Ludens

Banned
http://steamcommunity.com/app/287700/discussions/0/523897277914845249/

This bug is awful. And...guess what? Of course I triggered it.

I've never played Yakuza.

If it's anything like Sleeping Doge I'm 100% in

It's similar but also very different. The game world is much, much smaller than Sleeping Dog. Also you have no vehicles to drive, it's not free roaming like GTA, you only have this location to explore, it's huge but not GTA or Witcher huge.

Also by walking around you can trigger random encounters you need to complete by fighting, levelling up your skills.

There are tons of side activities, but I skipped them ALL in Yakuza 4 and 1 :p

Pachimari

I always wanted to try out Operation Raccoon City back then, and Umbrella Corps doesn't look half bad. Nice graphics as well. I hope this one comes to PC. I would be surprised if it don't.

FloatOn

speaking of life is strange...

I kind of want to purchase and play it but I have all these telltale games I picked up on that humble build a build a few weeks ago.

decisions... then again, it's going to take an act of congress to break me away from scholar of the first sin. I played like 70 hours of that over the past 3 weeks or so. it's rare I get so consumed.

but that's souls for ya

It's similar but also very different. The game world is much, much smaller than Sleeping Dog. Also you have no vehicles to drive, it's not free roaming like GTA, you only have this location to explore, it's huge but not GTA or Witcher huge.

Also by walking around you can trigger random encounters you need to complete by fighting, levelling up your skills.

There are tons of side activities, but I skipped them ALL in Yakuza 4 and 1 :p

Sounds fun. I could be down.

r2rfx.jpg

Not really but I couldn't pass up using that image.

I'm crossing my fingers they will optimize the game further in patch 2.
Just let me play on medium texture on 2gb vram, and I'll be happy.

Play on low, you'll be fine. You won't be staring at a wall all that much to notice it.

The take away is the margin of error on steamspy is big enough to not notice a relatively huge bump in sales for an indie game.

Its kinda of a open world adventure game with light action similar to Shenmue but focused on the Japanese crime underworld + a healthy dose of Japanese WTF. Think of it as Mafia 1.5: Japan edition.

Not digging the look of the new Space Channel 5. ;)

speaking of life is strange...

I kind of want to purchase and play it but I have all these telltale games I picked up on that humble build a build a few weeks ago.

Life is Strange is Waaaaay better than anything Telltale has released in the past 5 years.

Tizoc

Do want! But of course sega will not deliver. :(

It's way more popular in Japan anyways it's just a misfortune state.

I've never played Yakuza.

If it's anything like Sleeping Doge I'm 100% in

It's a beat'em-up action game with RPG elements. The series doesn't have (many) open world elements and the game world is a connected in a form of a hub.
The combat though is friggin' awesome, and Sleepy Dawgs sorta borrowed from it.

Jawmuncher

Is this even a co-op game? Looks like some TDM shit to me.

Also, why would Capcom use Unity for anything? Is this some fan game they bought?

Yeah it's a TDM game. The first mode they're showing off is a one life per round mode.
They're using unity and unreal because their phanta rhei engine is having problems. But yeah this is also a budget release of sorts, since digital only type fare is what capcom is pushing right now. Small budget more money gained in sales. It's why we have seen all of these remasters.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom